Neowin Community Minecraft Server

Message added by Brandon H,

Server Address: mc.neowin.net

Currently Running Vanilla 1.19.3

I doubt the worldedit plugin for paper/bukkit can save files client side so all that is probably saved server side in the world folder.

World edit isnt designed to act like that, its basically a command line and it uses position/activity data on the server. it has a folder server side where you can place schematics but Matthew would have to add them manually.

In the past I used a mod called Schematica, it allows you to load your files and create a hologram which you can then build manually. Litematica seems to be its successor.

• Like 1

Actually, we could give ftp access to the schematics folder. will have to investigate.

On 27/04/2022 at 18:34, Brandon H said:

I doubt the worldedit plugin for paper/bukkit can save files client side so all that is probably saved server side in the world folder.

I pretty much figured that, but no harm in asking.

On 27/04/2022 at 18:57, Louisifer said:

World edit isnt designed to act like that, its basically a command line and it uses position/activity data on the server. it has a folder server side where you can place schematics but Matthew would have to add them manually.

In the past I used a mod called Schematica, it allows you to load your files and create a hologram which you can then build manually. Litematica seems to be its successor.

Yeah, I know I've used Schematica in the past on a Neowin world. Works, just still takes an age to recreate a large build.

On 27/04/2022 at 21:24, Matthew S. said:

Actually, we could give ftp access to the schematics folder. will have to investigate.

That would be awesome. It also leads to me ask, can others see the 2 schema files I've created? If not how are they delineated between users?

Gotta be careful with schematics especially large builds you can really lag out a server with bigger ones

Hello everyone.

I just went to get onto the server and it is saying I am not whitelisted.  I'm guessing this is because I haven't been on in a long time.  (I didn't care for the other server setup LOL).

Name is:  JazXon

Thanks!

On 28/04/2022 at 07:23, Tjarboe said:

Hello everyone.

I just went to get onto the server and it is saying I am not whitelisted.  I'm guessing this is because I haven't been on in a long time.  (I didn't care for the other server setup LOL).

Name is:  JazXon

Thanks!

added you back to the whitelist :)

• 3 weeks later...

I keep getting a freeze for about 3 seconds now and again on server, any idea?

On 24/05/2022 at 14:56, Nuculi said:

I keep getting a freeze for about 3 seconds now and again on server, any idea?

I have similar when I’m playing along with breaking blocks, chests freezing or not opening and invisible blocks that I have broken

I'll give it a kick, spigot needs an update anyways

Server kicked and updated applied.

Had to update the base OS as well.

Updates:

paper-1.18.2-344

LuckPerms-5.4.25

EssentialsX-2.20.0-dev+6

EssentialsXChat-2.20.0-dev+6

EssentialsXSpawn-2.20.0-dev+6

I know we just reset the world with the start of this new server recently but what are everyone's thoughts on doing one more reset once the next version releases and paper updates for it? We're getting a couple new biomes which sound pretty neat.

https://www.neowin.net/news/minecraft-the-wild-update-comes-out-on-june-7/

• Like 2

On 26/05/2022 at 19:10, Brandon H said:

I know we just reset the world with the start of this new server recently but what are everyone's thoughts on doing one more reset once the next version releases and paper updates for it? We're getting a couple new biomes which sound pretty neat.

I have no problem with that think ill take a break from Minecraft until 1.19, sure my daughter will not mind aswell

On 26/05/2022 at 14:10, Brandon H said:

Are you wanting to keep the same data packs or world seed?

On 27/05/2022 at 02:35, Magoo said:

Are you wanting to keep the same data packs or world seed?

Actually that's a good point, I've enjoyed the data packs that are on the server at the minute, especially the weapons mod thing that gives you op weapons, as long as we can have everything we have now on 1.19 i have no objections for a wipe with different seed.

The seed is sort of irrelevant. As 1.19 has new biomes the terrain generator will produce an entirely different world even with the same seed as now.

The biome altering datapacks will be going. They don't seem to work properly with paper anyway plus those types of packs take longer to update to new major versions.

the others depend on their devs if they decide to update them to remain compatible. 

edit: heck I haven't looked into it yet but I can see if there's any paper equivalents to some of the datapacks too

On 27/05/2022 at 14:57, Brandon H said:

The biome altering datapacks will be going. They don't seem to work properly with paper anyway plus those types of packs take longer to update to new major versions.

Which is a shame because I really do like the biomes they're producing. The cave systems are incredible.

On 27/05/2022 at 09:00, Slugsie said:

Which is a shame because I really do like the biomes they're producing. The cave systems are incredible.

I agree. The biome linking issues it caused between chunks were a bit of an issue but god those caves are amazing.

I thought the biome link issues were only in the chunks around spawn, and were because the world was created before the datapack was added?

On 27/05/2022 at 09:43, Slugsie said:

I thought the biome link issues were only in the chunks around spawn, and were because the world was created before the datapack was added?

the first time during testing yes; the current world was generated with the datapacks folder already populated

edit: unless datapacks don't kick in until after initial generation. I'm not sure how that's supposed to work.

On 27/05/2022 at 10:55, Brandon H said:

the first time during testing yes; the current world was generated with the datapacks folder already populated

edit: unless datapacks don't kick in until after initial generation. I'm not sure how that's supposed to work.

They don't, I ran a test and regened part of the the chunk border and it regens properly with worldedit 

So what are the future plans are we just keeping server way it is and then update to 1.19 when released or start afresh with Paper, i dont want to go on the server and start doing things if its going to be rest in a week time if you know what i mean lol