Neowin Community Minecraft Server

Message added by Brandon H,

Server Address: mc.neowin.net

Currently Running Vanilla 1.19.3

Just got back into Toronto lastnight, I'll see what I can do today and tomorrow in terms of multiverse, I'm still pre-loading the chunks of the old world on my local system so we don't have to worry about the new generator taking things over.

I may also reset the seed for the new world, and pregenerate a radius of maybe 15000 blocks.

I'm back out in Calgary as of this coming Thursday for two weeks but I plan on having my personal laptop with me so hopefully I can make some magic happen.

• Like 2

On 15/04/2023 at 16:27, Matthew S. said:

Just got back into Toronto lastnight, I'll see what I can do today and tomorrow in terms of multiverse, I'm still pre-loading the chunks of the old world on my local system so we don't have to worry about the new generator taking things over.

I may also reset the seed for the new world, and pregenerate a radius of maybe 15000 blocks.

I'm back out in Calgary as of this coming Thursday for two weeks but I plan on having my personal laptop with me so hopefully I can make some magic happen.

Welcome back, hope you had nice holiday or whatever :)

Yeah I went on the new world the other day and thought to myself this is a crap spawn location so a new seed would be welcome, hopefully not a desert :)

Other note are all the plugins like the extras we had in the old world in the new world too?

On 16/04/2023 at 10:27, Nuculi said:

Welcome back, hope you had nice holiday or whatever :)

Yeah I went on the new world the other day and thought to myself this is a crap spawn location so a new seed would be welcome, hopefully not a desert :)

Other note are all the plugins like the extras we had in the old world in the new world too?

Work, unfortunately, standing up a new DC.

I'm not sure what plugins are loaded but the new worlds looks datapack free, likely for the initial world I'll keep it vanilla but since we will be taking advantage of multiverse, could have a plugin world.

In the old world you had the extra weapons? wands? and castles and other structures in nether and end, maybe overworld too cant remember, also other biomes too in nether and end, if you know what i mean

yeah no datapacks added to the new world (at least not yet) but most of them were replaced with equivalent plugins. only thing that hasn't been replaced with a plugin equivalent is the ones that changed world generation or added items

main bigger things missing right now are 'world guard' and graves, though I turned on Keep Inventory for now.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

hay i know its been a year or two shins iv been on but can i get wight listed agen? my user name is now pc27463 or pc_27463. minecraft merge made my mad it weird ware i now so ether and idk winch is for wight list.

Oh damn. I haven't checked here since you guys were using the multitude of mods. I just looked and saw you were running Vanilla, so I thought I would try and log in. Go figure, my client is on 1.19.4, and the server is still on 1.19.3... :pinch:

@Brandon HDo you happen to know when the server will go to 1.19.4? Or is there a way I can downgrade to 1.19.3 somehow?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found how I can download 1.19.3 through the launcher...

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Haven't had time to look into updating it to the new version yet, will start looking this weekend.

• 1 month later...

I've spent a few hours this week looking around. I've mined out a little area for myself, and I've made a big eyesore using the gathered cobblestone so that I know where it is. Sorry about that. 😅 I will be looking to improve the area when I get a bit more oriented, I've never really played much Minecraft but I think I've got the bug...at least, for a short while.

Couple of questions:

• I've found the railway station and that's pretty awesome! But it seems that only one of the tracks work (Central -> Spawn)? Are the others supposed to go places, or is it up to us to tunnel a way to a location and link it back to Central if we want?
  • Why is it so frickin' difficult to find iron? :laugh:

On 23/06/2023 at 14:41, Matthew S. said:

Haven't had time to look into updating it to the new version yet, will start looking this weekend.

Any update on the update to 1.20.1?

I might have overdone it with the mangroves...but hey, I like their jungle look and I'm saving the environment!

There's also my underground home somewhere around there. But much like in real life, I haven't bothered to make it look overly pretty. I'm still trying to figure out if an idea I have could work, and if so how to put it together...

dW5xBXs.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 31/07/2023 at 05:21, Frank B. said:

Any update on the update to 1.20.1?

That's something I've been looking into but haven't had much time to do anything with it

The server is back up... I'm starting to consider a move from OVH too many issues with their billing system as of late...

• 1 month later...

Servers been down the last few days due to a move to a new VM Host, should be back up, still in the process of moving my other vm's over (which includes the dns servers -.-') so can't check to the panel to see if it's _actually_ up

@Brandon H I'm going to upgrade Neocraftia to 1.20.2 tonight, any objections?

Also going to try and get Multiverse working as well.

If I get things set up correctly the old worlds will be up as well :) 

Backups have been taken and the server has been updated, only have the basic plugins right now, will get the multiverse configured sometime this week/weekend. 

I've also added ViaBackwards and ViaVersion so should be able to connect now with slightly newer and older clients.

• Like 1

Okay, the 1.19.3 world is there, getting the 1.18 one zipped up so I can re-up

I've got Multiverse up and running, nether and end portals should be linked correctly, and you can move between worlds by using /mv tp [WORLDNAME]

World names are:
Neocraftia-1.20.2
Neocraftia-1.19.3

I currently do not have the 1.18 world up, for some reason it won't import