Neowin Community Minecraft Server

Message added by Brandon H,

Server Address: mc.neowin.net

Currently Running Vanilla 1.19.3

Howdy all,  Just a heads up the MC server will be down until at least tomorrow night, I may end up getting it up before then but we will see.

On 04/02/2023 at 22:40, Matthew S. said:

Howdy all,  Just a heads up the MC server will be down until at least tomorrow night, I may end up getting it up before then but we will see.

Luckily there is a pill for that now, so don't worry! 

• Haha 2

Damn should've taken the blue pill... ETA for the server to be up is about 6 hours.  

I was on the server before at a end city, and has the loot's changed because in the chests the loot was well rubbish compared to before, for example one chest was seeds and a iron shovel, and another just a chest plate? this is a end city were i was getting loads of cool loot so something has defo changed?

On 07/02/2023 at 14:46, Nuculi said:

I was on the server before at a end city, and has the loot's changed because in the chests the loot was well rubbish compared to before, for example one chest was seeds and a iron shovel, and another just a chest plate? this is a end city were i was getting loads of cool loot so something has defo changed?

Matt said he had to restore a backup of the world from a few days prior to his server issues so it's possible some chunks regenerated differently if they hadn't been visited yet prior to the last backup.

It sounds like he got hit by that widespread ransomware that was reported on over the weekend and had to completely reformat and restore from backup.

On 07/02/2023 at 17:26, Brandon H said:

Matt said he had to restore a backup of the world from a few days prior to his server issues so it's possible some chunks regenerated differently if they hadn't been visited yet prior to the last backup.

Might be one of the paper plugins also messing with the loot tables for some reason :/

It sounds like he got hit by that widespread ransomware that was reported on over the weekend and had to completely reformat and restore from backup.

Don't remind me, good thing they didn't actually manage to encrypt the big (60GB+) VHD's....   Had to rebuild my nameservers before I brought up the MC servers... was afraid of the nameserver that did survive going down mid-restore...

yeah I noticed the end had been reset because I've looted quite a lot of end city's, The first one I come to was un-looted but still the loots where disappointing compared to before, well whatever it is hope gets fixed soon :)

Maybe time to upgrade to 1.19.2? any thoughts?

On 08/02/2023 at 14:38, Magoo said:

Or wait till 1.19.4 is out maybe?

We keep saying wait... lol

• Haha 2

On 09/02/2023 at 06:41, Matthew S. said:

We keep saying wait... lol

Or wait till plugins updated to whatever version

On 09/02/2023 at 08:19, Nuculi said:

Or wait till plugins updated to whatever version

Was it any better last night?  Noticed you went to an unexplored area.

On 14/02/2023 at 06:25, Matthew S. said:

Was it any better last night?  Noticed you went to an unexplored area.

I'm not sure I wasn't on very long to be fair, first end city come to had been looted so I flu around in the end for a bit, only thing was the server was loading new terrain really slowly to the point I just give up, I like to explore lol, don't know if this is a server issue or on my part, ill have a try later on see if I can find another un looted city. :)

On 14/02/2023 at 04:53, Nuculi said:

I'm not sure I wasn't on very long to be fair, first end city come to had been looted so I flu around in the end for a bit, only thing was the server was loading new terrain really slowly to the point I just give up, I like to explore lol, don't know if this is a server issue or on my part, ill have a try later on see if I can find another un looted city. :)

that may actually be my fault, couldn't remember how much ram i gave the server before so I may have undercut it a bit.  Easy fix though.

• 1 month later...

So seeing as the server's been pretty dead lately, was thinking we should probably look to moving to the newer version.

Will likely look at implementing worlds, so we can keep the old map up and have a new gen'd map as well.

howdy, been away from the minecraft scene for a bit.

looks like bukkit plugins are just starting to get updated for 1.19.4 so we may want to hold off for a couple weeks to give those devs time to update things. unless we want to go to 1.19.3

• Like 1

I'm travelling for work as of next weekend for a week, however, I was looking at utilizing Multiverse for preserving the old world.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed today that the server was crashing every few minutes. I've decided to throw the current world into a backup folder for Matt to setup a multiverse and am setting up a fresh world in 1.19.3

there's a couple things missing plugin wise but most everything should be working the same

On 10/04/2023 at 15:10, Brandon H said:

I noticed today that the server was crashing every few minutes. I've decided to throw the current world into a backup folder for Matt to setup a multiverse and am setting up a fresh world in 1.19.3

there's a couple things missing plugin wise but most everything should be working the same

That was my fault, had chunky pre-loading the chunks on 2 worlds and dynmap going 😅

well and I'm in calgary this week so haven't been able to baby it lol