religion? fake? real?

Religion should be about belief whether or not its right or wrong is irrelevant.

how is it being wrong or right irrelevant?

if it is wrong, why are there so many people participating in religion then? 5/6 of the world's population must be wrong then?

religion is fake. pure and simple. It gives people with weak wills and weak constitutions and minds something to believe in, somethign to blame bad things in life on, and something to hope for during troubled times. Thats it.

religion is fake. pure and simple. It gives people with weak wills and weak constitutions and minds something to believe in, somethign to blame bad things in life on, and something to hope for during troubled times. Thats it.

I second that

This thread is getting boring, people going over the same things again and again, and nothing coming of it. The fact is not one religious person here can prove the existence of their god(s).

Also the whole point of religion is having faith, yet the christian God, and I'm sure many other's had to actually show they existed to people to get them to believe, which pretty much makes having faith a moot point. :x

Anyways, the bible is just a book written by normal people then spin doctors come in to make the stories seem more exciting, but the fact is more and more of the stories are being proven to be false or highly inaccurate such as the story of David. :x

P.S Who ever said religion has caused more good than bad is mistaken in many ways :z

The fact is not one religious person here can prove the existence of their god(s).

there are some people that can.

and there is not one non-religious person that can disprove the existence of God.

I knew someone would come up with a comment like that, but no your wrong, no one can prove the existence of their god, and if they think they can, they are more than likely insane.

Also all God's are there to explain what we can't, which shows that they were just made up by us. Come back when you actually have proof of your god, or have something important to say instead of just trying to turn comments back on people because you know you can't prove anything ;x.

Which one? :p

The fact is I can't prove that god doesn't exist, but I'm not the one claiming there is an all powerful being that created everything we see today. I also don't base all my beliefs on a book written thousands of years ago by normal people.

yeah, and that was the Big Bang

I think religion is the biggest pile of bullsh!t ever thought of. back in the old days, when people were dumb, people thought of religion and god to direct their stupid questions to

My exact thoughts!. I listened to this audio program online from this guy in canada, and he feels the same way. he said that stuff like moses seeing the burning bush, and yadda yadda yadda were the people actually on drugs and hallucinating. Also dont you find it dumb and interesting how people believe something that ONE person saw, or ONE person was told? moses supposedly was alone, so who can back up his stories? NOBODY. everyone was just gullable and nieve back then. They didn't know what was above the clouds, let alone beyond their little towns. They simply didn't know anything back then. Now we do, and we're wiser, so religion doesnt have any bearing anymore.

Yet again ZAnwar your trying to turn what I've said back on me because you can't think of anything else to say. You've not come up with one fact in this thread, so why don't you prove the bible or text you believe in was actually written by god, and that god exists, then come back to me and ask for me to prove what I say, ty.

mech, why would i try to prove the bible to you? it has been falsified so many times that it is embarassing to even think of using it!

now on the other hand, the Quran, a Holy book which has NOT been proved wrong.

aight, let me get some info for ya

mech, why would i try to prove the bible to you? it has been falsified so many times that it is embarassing to even think of using it!

now on the other hand, the Quran, a Holy book which has NOT been proved wrong.

aight, let me get some info for ya

it's not some little experiment by aliens.. it was a way of governments to control the people by making this thing up called religion and we have so many of them because people were unhappy with it and created their own versions so that it better suits their lifestyles. Perfect example of that are the mormons and all those other religions that were made up in the new world (america) back 300 - 400 years ago... and it just got out of hand.. i belive religion is fake. everything proves it, i just don't have the time to discuss it right now. just my 2 cents.

Is anyone even reading my past posts in this thread? ... Doesn't matter, too much ignorance going on for me to continue participating in this thread...

Is anyone even reading my past posts in this thread? ... Doesn't matter, too much ignorance going on for me to continue participating in this thread...

Lol... I feel the same way... no one is reading the msgs written in the last couple of pages, which is why this thread seems to be repeating itself!

i belive religion is fake. everything proves it, i just don't have the time to discuss it right now. just my 2 cents.

lol... you can't just make a claim like that without substantiating it :)

People, in order to contribute to the discussion, please substantiate your claims/beliefs, otherwise nothing is added to the discussion.

Peace!

Okay, at the risk of being flamed for my opinions I will put in my 2 pennies. I am a religious person. I go to church. I believe in God (of which I have never seen). I haven't been mind controlled, forced into, or bought to believe in this. I did it on my own. I am almost 40 years old and these are my beliefs and opinions. Those who believe any religion is fake, that is their opion and that is alright. If you want me to prove my religion is right, I won't, because I dont have to. If you want to prove me wrong go right ahead. One thing that living in the USA provides me with is my constituitional right to believe in whatever I want. You can do the same.

if religion was thought up by ancient people, why hasn't it died down now? surely in this modern society, we dont need God :rolleyes:

way to support the other side! why hasnt it died down? well, maybe after all these years there is still truth and meaning to be found in it. i guess it wasnt just to control people. this modern society? they could have said that thousands of years ago, and people can say that in the future. the present is always so "modern."

Okay, at the risk of being flamed for my opinions I will put in my 2 pennies. I am a religious person. I go to church. I believe in God (of which I have never seen). I haven't been mind controlled, forced into, or bought to believe in this. I did it on my own. I am almost 40 years old and these are my beliefs and opinions. Those who believe any religion is fake, that is their opion and that is alright. If you want me to prove my religion is right, I won't, because I dont have to. If you want to prove me wrong go right ahead. One thing that living in the USA provides me with is my constituitional right to believe in whatever I want. You can do the same.

Playing Devil's advocate here for sec (pardon the obvious pun)

No one who has been in some form of mind control would know about it, hence mind control. Although I am an athiest, how I feel is JUST a belief (or in my case a non-belief) as is all religious idologies. One cannot prove or disprove the existance of a god.

As for religion being around for thousands of years... well, there are religions that were around for thosands of years that are now gone. Are those Gods dead? Are they any less real than the current religions? <shrug> I haven't the foggiest idea.

If someone feel comfortable with religion that TERRIFIC, if it brings them hope and guideness, then FANTASTIC. I have no issues here. The only issue anyone should be concerned about is if person A tries to use their religion to restrict person B. Other than that... have a nice day.

My exact thoughts!. I listened to this audio program online from this guy in canada, and he feels the same way. he said that stuff like moses seeing the burning bush, and yadda yadda yadda were the people actually on drugs and hallucinating. Also dont you find it dumb and interesting how people believe something that ONE person saw, or ONE person was told? moses supposedly was alone, so who can back up his stories? NOBODY. everyone was just gullable and nieve back then. They didn't know what was above the clouds, let alone beyond their little towns. They simply didn't know anything back then. Now we do, and we're wiser, so religion doesnt have any bearing anymore.

The problem with your comments though is that you don't take into account any historical evidence of the people involved in propogating those religions, nor are you even correct in your presentation of evidence.

Take the example of Moses and the burning bush. Now, I disagree that that was the way it happened, but let's say it did happen that way. Who was going to believe him? The people there were not idiots... in fact, other prophets were treated as mad men. But all prophets had some followers, and for one simple reason: they had a history of being truthful, honest, good people before making their claim to prophethood. Take modern religious history (for the reason being that it is more accurately and comprehensively documented)... the Prophet Muhammad lived amongst his people for 40 years before his claim to prophethood and was widely known as being always truthful and honest. No one had any reason to doubt him. Initially, after the Islamic movement started, his opponents offered him wealth and prosperity if he promised to stop preaching Islam, but he refused. That is an example of high morality that convinces people of a person's sincerety.

Also in recent history, you can take the example of a number of religious saints, etc... be it Mother Teresa, Guru Nanak Dev Ji, or whomsoever, and you'll find that in their history is an example of honesty, righteousness and goodwill... moreso than you and I. That is why you cannot compare them to you and I... they were not drugged up lunatics, they were people with reputations that preceded them, and that is why they were believed at all, otherwise no religious movement would have ever succeeded, because none of the real ones strove to achieve material prosperity.

You cannot confuse the conception of religion with selfish motives and the oft-misused principles of religion. The conception happens by Divine will and is propogated by righteous people (even their opponents often concede their honesty and truthfulness)... but religion used for power-gain has nothing to do with that Divine origin.

It is important to study the history of these religious movements so that we don't make base statements like "religion is the opiate of the masses, man", or "religion was founded by ancient people that were afraid of stuff and needed explanations". Usually anyone who makes those types of remarks has never opened a holy book of any sort to study what explanations are actually in there.

err.... riiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes: If ya ask me, it's a whole helluva lot easier to believe in some kind of religion than in aliens.

true,i have been a catolic since birth,although i dont go to church sundays, i prefer to believe in god and all that instead of aliens and all those stupid things.if you see some things in life,like how we are so intelligent,how everything is so perfect(flora and fauna not the world status) etc. there must be a superior force controlling all this.