religion? fake? real?

first of all if i offend with religious background, then sorry.

do you guys ever think deeper about religion? what if alien started religion here on earth, because you know that back 2000 years ago, any form of technology can be seen as "miracle" by the people. so what i am saying is that what if this whole religion thing is a haox, just some little experiment by the aliens... :no: :no: :no:

Well...you certainly had the potential for an interesting topic, but you definitely screwed the pooch with your execution...

Think deeper about religion? What does that even mean? Who doesn't think deeply about religion? Most people don't just accept religion at face value, they examine it and ponder it and build their faith around thinking 'deeply' about the religion.

You also seem to be forgetting that there has been religion on this planet for well over 2000 years, but considering your statement, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you're Christian...probably Catholic.

I'll believe in aliens before religion.

The universe is huge; The possibilities of us being the only living organisms are quite small. I find that much easier to believe than a supreme being capable of creation and destruction.

The universe is huge; The possibilities of us being the only living organisms are quite small. I find that much easier to believe than a supreme being capable of creation and destruction.

what squibbles said

religion is something people use to control other people....it is also something people use to avoid taking responsibility for anything

I am a Philosopher, or at least a deep thinker, and it is my belief that there must have been something that created something out of nothing. I'm mosly interested in the cosmological arguments, and Kant (yes the catagorical imperative is a bit impractical but hey). But as far as religion goes.... nahhh!!!

i belive in nothing, religion is a waste of time, every religion is based on some sort of god that you warship ist always something that either doesnt exist or something your cant even see, i warship the sun, i can see it, i feel it it also gives me light and plus sometimes it give u the ocassional skin cancer

You know what there is simply no point in these types of topics, because people will believe what they want to believe. Everyone thinks their opinion is right, no one will back off their opinion because society will class them as weak. Thus this automatically registers as failure where as no one really accepts failure, do they?

So asking things like "do you guys ever think deeper about religion?" will spark 2 types of people, one who say i dont believe in religion the other who say this post is BS and my religion teaches me everything i need to know about it. Therefore is your question answered? No.

no u guys got it wrong, what i am trying to ask is do you guys believe that religion is real or is just an excuse to explain the unknown. i don't care about what kind of religion, but religion as a general catagory

first of all if i offend with religious background, then sorry.

do you guys ever think deeper about religion? what if alien started religion here on earth, because you know that back 2000 years ago, any form of technology can be seen as "miracle" by the people. so what i am saying is that what if this whole religion thing is a haox, just some little experiment by the aliens... :no: :no: :no:

Read any books by Zeccharia Siitchen (sp?). His theories are...interesting.

I don't think religion is real nor something created by aliens.. like some people here have already said, we believe its fake, could have been something created by people to control them, look at the Catholic church back in really old days, they collected tons of money and for what? just to spend it on themselves.

I also believe aliens could be possible since the universe is so vast.

I am a Philosopher, or at least a deep thinker, and it is my belief that there must have been something that created something out of nothing. I'm mosly interested in the cosmological arguments, and Kant (yes the catagorical imperative is a bit impractical but hey). But as far as religion goes.... nahhh!!!

yeah, and that was the Big Bang

I think religion is the biggest pile of bullsh!t ever thought of. back in the old days, when people were dumb, people thought of religion and god to direct their stupid questions to

Exactly. We all know for a fact life exists on at least one planet. It is very reasonable to believe out of the bollions and trillions of other possible planets that it could happen there too. Much easier to prove beyond a reasonable doubt than a god.

I think religion is the biggest pile of bullsh!t ever thought of. back in the old days, when people were dumb, people thought of religion and god to direct their stupid questions to

interesting.... :unsure:

religion was made as a place to keep people in line, something to think about before they steal/kill/do anything bad and possibly prevent them from doing it. thats all.

Yup yup ;)

What's up with these religious threads on Neowin? I mean every single one of them eventually turns into a flame fight.

Fake - Who Knows

Real - years ago yes, the reason relegions diying out is due to it being out of date. Until between 1800 - 1900 life had been almost the same for years possibly even since 1000, changing ever so slightly between then and 1800. But since then technology has sped up and life is changing for every generation and relegion no longer applys to modern life and changes.

Im not much of a religious person but it has to be said religion has cause alot of battles,wars and consiquently lives over the years and i think people have lost confidence in it.

Also another thing to think about is that when people are well off they have no use for religion. Religion was simply giving people something to believe in/look forward too. Now alot of people have what they want.

Well, I'm into philosphy, esotericism, Mysticism, the Occult, and some degrees of Witchcraft.

I view Religion with scientific interest.

After all, is Science also not a religion in it's own right?

But then if you can believe in aliens, why cant you believe in Allah who created this all in the first place? :blink:

look at the Catholic church back in really old days, they collected tons of money and for what? just to spend it on themselves.

this is what i dont like, you find a mistake in ONE, and say all are f'ed up!!!!!!! :angry: