Do u believe in Aliens?

do they exist??  

435 members have voted

1. 1. do they exist??

• YES
    • NO

HeyHey!

this is my first post on Neowin.net (and sorry for my bad english :wacko: )

I think serveral things about aliens:

I think that they exist but that they maybe are les developped then us (or even more)

Imagin that these aliens have developped 10000 years earlier then we do, their technologie is much more sofisticated then ours. And they might not have found us because they have not been here in they area of the universe.

Or they started to develop 10000 years after we did. (what is 10000 years in a universe, it's nothing)

then it might be possible that we are the most advanced beings in the whole universe.

This might explain they didn't contacted us.

Or, they can be just like us or even more developped, but they there is a possibility that they also haven't solved the same problem that we also have => traveling faster then the speed of light.

Well that's my opinion about aliens, i hope you enjoyed it ;)

I do, in the sense that we aren't the only intellegent beings in the universe. I mean, look at all the planets and other galaxies. There may just be something on them. We just don't know.

I do, in the sense that we aren't the only intellegent beings in the universe. I mean, look at all the planets and other galaxies. There may just be something on them. We just don't know.

who sais that we are intelligent?? ;)

Yes, I don't think a planet has to be like ours to support life. I know Star Trek is fiction, but in it they've encounted life on planets that humans couldn't survive on. I think its possible to find life on planets that would be hostile to us. Plants/animals/bacteria, whatever can adapt to survive in its environment.

Life is just an unimaginably complex chemical reaction, there is no reason that it needs to occur at any specific part of the universe.

I saw a show on the Discovery channel a couple years ago, and some scientists were able to create living single-cell organisms using a liquid (I don't know what kind of liquid it was), amino acids (which are found in comets), and electricity. Freaked me out!

I don't really have proof they exist but the universe is vast. I hope there are aliens. My Futurama fantasy will finally come true.

i really serioiulsy doubt taht we are the only life in the universe. i totally believe in aliens....but not scary ones. happy ones. like blueshirt said "futurama" i mean c'mon. that'd be cool.

:alien: I think they are real. Earth is this little planet among many other large objects. Im quite sure something else is out there, but Im not ready to face that music yet.

Id be scared to meet an alien, specially the kind in the movies :alien:

sure, I am offering the same reason as the others: the size of the universe is not yet comprehensible, so there's a pretty good chance of life elsewhere...

In fact, here on earth, the white house is full of them... :laugh:

I'm an alien... to some other lifeform on another planet. :alien:

I find it fascinating that people have no problem believing in something highly improbable(an uber-being) over something highly probable(life other than life on earth). I don't think it's wrong, or anything, just interesting.

I find it fascinating that people have no problem believing in something highly improbable(an uber-being) over something highly probable(life other than life on earth). I don't think it's wrong, or anything, just interesting.

Are you referring to me? :p

Odds of life on other planets: really high

Odds of God the Creator and Heaven: really low

It's funny that people are too self-righteous to believe that there could possibly be life on a planet other than Earth. Chances are that we are *not* some special creation of an Almighty God who made us as the pinnacle of life in the universe. Sorry to burst your bubble, if that's what you believe.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of Heaven, and it gives people something to hope for, but I wouldn't bet on it existing, the chances are slim.

Odds of life on other planets: really high

Odds of God the Creator and Heaven: really low

It's funny that people are too self-righteous to believe that there could possibly be life on a planet other than Earth. Chances are that we are *not* some special creation of an Almighty God who made us as the pinnacle of life in the universe. Sorry to burst your bubble, if that's what you believe.

I said nothing about a religious god :p Your logic may fit others, but not me :whistle: