Foobar2000 Customization Topic

foobar2000 v1.0

Posted By: Peter @ Yesterday, 20:57

foobar2000 v1.0 has been released.

Overview

foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.

http://www.foobar2000.org/

• 2 weeks later...

@marc2003 -- Your foobar is both pretty & slick. Do you still have your config (most recently New Folder.zip, or sl1.zip from a couple of months ago) posted anywhere? I'm able to get to your .Public/foobar folder on skydrive, but don't see any files by either of those names. Sorry to pester, but good job. :D

Or, if anyone here successfully downloaded a copy when it was still up, would you be willing to share? Assuming marc2003 doesn't object, of course.

Thanks & cheers!

i don't have that exact config anymore. but what i'm using now looks almost the same. -- skydrive:.Public/foobar/New folder.zip
this should only be used on vista or windows 7 with aero enabled. it relies on using the "system" colours for the playlist*. -- skydrive:.Public/foobar/sl1.zip
sl1.png

How can I edit an .fcl file?

That is, can anyone tell me what app I could use to open & modify an .fcl file? A lot of their contents seem to be text, which looks pretty much in tact, to me, if I open it in textpad (or vi, or if I run `strings file.fcl`), surrounded by binary chunks. I'd like to be able to search or search-and-replace within ALL the scripts in a config, instead of having to find all instances of whatever in a dozen little textboxes in foobar's preferences panels.

(I assume this is a dumb question, since nobody else has complained about it.. But, I can't seem to find the answer by searching... Possibly because "edit" isn't a very helpful search term.)

Thanks for any advice!

I need some help, haven't used foobar in ages but thought i'd give it another try. Currently using the monolite plus mod and what i want to know is on the sidebar of my image you see it's sorted by Artist, which i can right click the header and select album, genre etc.. is there any way to edit this list to add "album artist"?

87151519.jpg

ok i have a question regarding play list display.

a lot of my albums display like this *see fig 1* is there anyway to get them to display like this *see fig 2* is there some sort of script if so what and where? thank you!!!

Fig 1

album / disc#

track 1

album / disc#

track 2

album / disc#

track 3

album / disc#

track 4

Fig 2

album / disc#

track 1

track 2

track 3

track 4

ok i have a question regarding play list display.

could be a problem with your tagging. i'm guessing the albums in question are compilations? make sure the the album tag and also the artist/album artist tag is the same