Foobar2000 Customization Topic

Is it possible to have a script that turns off album separation and headers for certain playlists in MonoLite?

I have a playlist that is all singles, but when I view it, I literally get album headers for every single song.

edit: NEvermind, found it. enable the playlist filter

Edited by ienhz

1.png

2.png

My mod of MonoLite

do you know a way to change the color of the text in the library tree view? I just can't find how to mod that color, and is there a way to have your playist splitter in a second tab next to the library tree view tab?

do you know a way to change the color of the text in the library tree view? I just can't find how to mod that color, and is there a way to have your playist splitter in a second tab next to the library tree view tab?

Someone added 4 tabs a few pages back:

You could always write him a PM and ask him.

My heavily modded MonoLite.

foobarx.th.png

There will eventually be more buttons in the iPod tab, ones to sync, eject, send playlists and manage contents, basically every function that foo_dop supports but since it took me hours to get the text off the original tab and make 6 more tabs it might be some time before I get the buttons added.

Anyone fancy making me some buttons?

As for the color:

foobar.png

Right-click the playlist tree, choose Panel Preference and choose whatever you want.

As for the color:

foobar.png

Right-click the playlist tree, choose Panel Preference and choose whatever you want.

Thanks, that solved it, only the selection bubble and colapse / expand arrows left

79350foobar.png

could those be VS dependent? I'm running some blue - grayish win7 theme but I haven't seen those bubbles anywhere else

My heavily modded MonoLite.

foobarx.th.png

There will eventually be more buttons in the iPod tab, ones to sync, eject, send playlists and manage contents, basically every function that foo_dop supports but since it took me hours to get the text off the original tab and make 6 more tabs it might be some time before I get the buttons added.

Anyone fancy making me some buttons?

This thing is sick can you tell me how to get the rating stars. Or you know just pm me a link to you config so nobody would really care if you share because they wouldnt even know.

Was wondering if someone could do me a HUGE favour?

29d8ls3.jpg

2wrqki8.jpg

2j4ubdk.jpg

Basically, I'd very much like to have the 'Browser' pop up menu on the left hand side of the picture; ith has 2 panels like: [ x ] [ ]

All I would like to do is have that box in the 'Library' tab which is the 4th along the bottom. I've tried messing around with code but in all honestly I have no idea of the language used.

Could someone please have a look and maybe even show me the code to insert into the config settings, which I have uploaded? - For anyone who knows what they are doing, would it not only involve copying and pasting the correct code?

Thanks in advance,

Craig

EDIT: It's also frustrating me to no end why the ALBUM RATING tag stops working randomly, but will work sometimes. tbh, I'd really like someone to just tidy up my foobar code :(

I've managed to sort everything now except from separating the playlist browse panel into my library tab. I'm certain it's just lifting the code and removing the 'if' statement about having it only show when both columns are selected.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could just help me with this and then thats it finished :)

• 3 weeks later...
foobarx.th.png

How can I make the Library/Bio/Lyrics section wider like this one? Not the actual buttons but the tree view section below the buttons? I just want it a tad bit wider.

And another question from a noob, is there a way to make the text in my task bar scroll like you can with winamp? It would also be cool to add new buttons but I have no idea how to do that too.

Edited by trag3dy

simple & clean.

Hani, how did you sort your music into Albums, Composers, Singles and Soundtracks? I'd like to know how I can organize my singles and soundtracks.

Hani, how did you sort your music into Albums, Composers, Singles and Soundtracks? I'd like to know how I can organize my singles and soundtracks.

First, you look for artists that have only one song (like one-hit wonders etc.) and put them all in a folder "Singles". For OST's, tag them properly using mp3tag then use a program called mp3 folder structure maker. Add the directory containing all the OST's, put the folder structure to "%album% - %artist% [%year%]", and chose an output directory. It will copy all the files in the directory to separated folders. For albums, use "%artist% - %album% [%year%]". For composers (classical), I've removed all metadata except for titles and artist, so the folder structure is "%artist%". Maybe I'll start working on a guide on the subject, I'll pm with a link to the topic when it's done.

How can I make the Library/Bio/Lyrics section wider like this one? Not the actual buttons but the tree view section below the buttons? I just want it a tad bit wider.

And another question from a noob, is there a way to make the text in my task bar scroll like you can with winamp? It would also be cool to add new buttons but I have no idea how to do that too.

I figured out how to adjust the width of the panels now if someone can answer my other two questions pretty please. :laugh:

Not a customisation question, but I've recently noticed a change in the way foobar handles its File Operations.

Before, when I would use foobar to move files to another location, it would turn all my : and / characters into an _ (Underscore)

However, it now turns them into a - (Hypen)

Is it possible at all to revert this behaviour to how it was?

I figured out how to adjust the width of the panels now if someone can answer my other two questions pretty please. :laugh:

yes it's possible. but how to do it is another matter entirely. :laugh:

Is it possible at all to revert this behaviour to how it was?

i don't think so. you can use $replace on the : but it won't work on \ or /.

maybe look at mp3tag. that has a function called $validate where you can replace all illegal filename characters with something of your choice. :)

looks awesome, trying it right now, one question though, can you use the default foobar executables? I can't understand anything that foobar says. I'd like to have the menus in English that is.

and how do I apply it?

Edited by Stagnation

995462009-09-16%2021%2012%2024.png

my newest config, do anyone know if you can have an icon or image between the artist and the title in the ELPlaylist? and also how do you make a custom bitmap that works with the quick search toolbar? an example would be nice and can you put some text aligned to the right in the status bar wile still having other text aligned to the left, but only if there's place enough for both, otherwise the text aligned to the left shoul only be shown.

Regards

Stag,

update:

682462009-09-16%2023%2012%2020.png

my newest config, do anyone know if you can have an icon or image between the artist and the title in the ELPlaylist? and is there away to make the currently playing song be centered in the playlist if it's left unattended for a while? searching for the song currently playing in a playlist with more than 200GB of music can be a pain.

Regards

Stag,

<image>

Here's mine, you can get the config here:

Minimal - DefaultUI by ~Punio4

However, I'd like to mod it so that the playlist is shown using columns UI and shows albumart.

Can anyone help me achieve that?

Thanks for sharing man, didn't know about the facets plugin & was exactly what I came to this thread looking for ;).

But there are a few problems:

Basically, I want to browse while I listen without it disrupting the flow of playback. I don't remember what albums contain usually so I just look & then I get reminded.

I've figured out how to do it, by setting the double-click action to "create an auto-playlist".

The problem is that it creates a new playlist every time I double click on something, as opposed to opening up the same one as before. This'll just make massive redudency and it creates the problem of going back to the music you're listening to whereby the "playing" marker vanishes (because it's not actually playing that item as it's on a different playlist now.

Even if it knew to go back to the same playlist as before.. if I played some music via a full artist view then looked at a different artist, I could go back and load up just the album the current song is in but the "playing" marker won't be there when I'd expect it to be.

I don't think there's much I can do though so I'll probably just stick to playlists :/.