• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

NeoRequest

Question

JMann    2

Thank you to StOrM from circlehosting.net for hosting the NeoRequest? Screenshots.

Warning: 56k users, this page will take a long time to load, but please be paitent. They are worth the wait.;);)

Current BETA testers:

Wing

Trefaes

Mark03

Sesh

Trix

Timsweb

Anaron

The_Decryptor

Lycan

Lardiop

Furby

+matt74441

Smokiethebandit

[John]

StOrM

Sorry guys, after talking with Chorpeac, we only need "0" more BETA testers, then thawillb> be it. So say if you want to BETA test!

Hey guys, well me and Chorpeac have been working really hard to try and get NeoRequest? into the big stages. We think its coming together, but its taking a while, we still have problems but at the moment its not looking too bad. Chorpeac has been constantly working on the c(even while working! Terrible.)And I, have just been doing tons of graphics and trying to all get them to fit together nicely and get the to become Transparent! Nast:devil:vil: But now we have been able to get to work and we have managed to get it to the stage where it all works and it looks good. So below are the Screenshots of NeoRequest?.

56k warning, these images are large, so they may take a while to load, be warned.[/i]d.NeoRequest? Login PagePage

Artistsworkdesk.jpg

Download link for all of the Screenshots if you cannot wait.

Edited by JMann

matt95110    15
Well, when this public preview starts tomorrow, I don't see any reason why the requests would not be able to be left in the data base as live. :) Tonight, I am going to post an update and clear the database to prepare.

Well its no hurry. You should start fresh anyways.

JMann    2

Tommorow it is, I just hope we don't get flooded with requests as its new, this could cause potential problems.

Mokano    0
Tommorow it is, I just hope we don't get flooded with requests as its new, this could cause potential problems.

Seeing as how there are over 5000 views,

there will be a lot of people signing up and trying it out :ninja:

I know i'm excited! :D (Y)

-ps did you change those buttons????

Nietzsche    0

Well, the design for this is slightly uninspiring. It doesn't bring much to the table in respect to attractive or.. moderatley interesting design elements. The colour you have used is a gigantic no-no. You don't use a puce/lavender colour in large areas on a website (or GUI for that matter). These colours have been scientifically proven to make people tired. Your eyes relax and it's difficult to focus on any content. Pansy colours like these are as dangerous as vibrant pink or red. I strongly suggest ramping up the saturation on your colour choice. Other than being bland and boring, I suppose it's a moderatley ok design. The icons you have created are mightly large, the text over them obscure their design and make the text impossible to read.

I just tell it like it is, I have no reason to kiss up to you like everyone else does. I'm just adding my comments in a completley factual and artistic respect.

wing.    0
Well, the design for this is slightly uninspiring. It doesn't bring much to the table in respect to attractive or.. moderatley interesting design elements. The colour you have used is a gigantic no-no. You don't use a puce/lavender colour in large areas on a website (or GUI for that matter). These colours have been scientifically proven to make people tired. Your eyes relax and it's difficult to focus on any content. Pansy colours like these are as dangerous as vibrant pink or red. I strongly suggest ramping up the saturation on your colour choice. Other than being bland and boring, I suppose it's a moderatley ok design. The icons you have created are mightly large, the text over them obscure their design and make the text impossible to read.

I just tell it like it is, I have no reason to kiss up to you like everyone else does. I'm just adding my comments in a completley factual and artistic respect.

:laugh: its was made to look like the neowin design

so the design is ok in my book :yes:

Nietzsche    0
:laugh: its was made to look like the neowin design

so the design is ok in my book :yes:

So you are coming to a logical conclusion about one thing, by using your opinions of another? Thats an incomplete Aristotelean slyllogism. Two alter premisies do not combine to create one logical outcome.

wing.    0
So you are coming to a logical conclusion about one thing, by using your opinions of another? Thats an incomplete Aristotelean slyllogism. Two alter premisies do not combine to create one logical outcome.

no its the fact that this feature of the design was request by neobond :yes:

the icons are clear readable no need to change

colours are simple and i can read all text ( btw an short sighted and i can read it ) :yes:

its user friendly also

so i say the design stands its user friendly

Nietzsche    0
no its the fact that this feature of the design was request by neobond :yes:

the icons are clear readable no need to change

colours are simple and i can read all text ( btw an short sighted and i can read it ) :yes:

its user friendly also

so i say the design stands its user friendly

When did I say the design wasn't user friendly. When it's this ugly, who cares if you can navigate easily. At least if it's easy to navigate, you can leave in a hurry. The icons are the size of a small country, you being short-sighted has nothing to do with this design and simple colours don't mean good colours.

+chorpeac    30

Well one thing I have been interested to see is a different style button. We've been working to get the functionality there. They are easily modified. I will take into consideration any view. Your comments were received Nietzsche. However, The Neowin theme is being used as requested. Accents can be added though.

JMann    2

One word. Physiatrist. Jesus, yeah I know the buttons look pretty bad but they are been changed and I am in the process of creating some new ones. Jesus.

JMann

Nietzsche    0
One word. Physiatrist. Jesus, yeah I know the buttons look pretty bad but they are been changed and I am in the process of creating some new ones. Jesus.

JMann

I'm not quite sure why you think I need a doctor specializing in phisyical medacine.... Or why you are involving jesus in computer graphics matters, but I feel as if I have touched a sore area?

I think you need to learn how to take critisism in a better fashion. I meerely stated completley factual and constructive information. I can see these people are afraid to tell you what they truly think, staple in the community are you? Fortunatley I'm not afraid to tell you what I think, because it would be a shame for you to keep living in this dilusional world where everything you do is equivalent to profound religious scripture.

Welcome to the world of graphic design. It's not all puppies and fluffy things.

Suprised are we?

JMann    2

<Removed by JMann, so I do not get stupid.> :blush:

Edited by JMann

Nietzsche    0
No, because I have been in Graphic Design for about 3 years now, and I know times can be incredibly tough. It happens, but you have only made 5 posts on Neowin and all you want to do is complain. I took your critisism as posistive and I have taken them into mind. I also did not mean that you needed help, but by the tone of your writing it was like you providing advice like a doctor in that area of medication, my personal thought, but I suggest if you want to complain somewhere else go to Google.com and type in "I want to Complain constantly" and see what results come up, then you might be happy. But thank you for your views.

Interestingly enough, it seems as if you haven't been able to stomach my critisism. Your post has a very prevalent undertone of fear. You are afraid of me making you look small to your wee little pawns. It's not that hard in any sense. If you had taken my critisism positivley, you would not have misconstrewed it as "complaining". You are jumping from acceptance to denial in your responses, like a frightened baby lamb.

Telling me to go search on google for "I want to complain constantly" must be the WORST rebuttle I've ever heard in my life. I have been upfront and logical with you in my responses, is it so much to ask the same from you? Not only is it immature, it's also exceedingly predictable. Thanking me for my views is just your little petty way of trying to sound somewhat clever.

Until you can stomach some kind of rather harsh critsism, I suggest a reality check.. and maybie a new profession.

3Cube    0
Interestingly enough, it seems as if you haven't been able to stomach my critisism. Your post has a very prevalent undertone of fear. You are afraid of me making you look small to your wee little pawns. It's not that hard in any sense. If you had taken my critisism positivley, you would not have misconstrewed it as "complaining". You are jumping from acceptance to denial in your responses, like a frightened baby lamb.

Telling me to go search on google for "I want to complain constantly" must be the WORST rebuttle I've ever heard in my life. I have been upfront and logical with you in my responses, is it so much to ask the same from you? Not only is it immature, it's also exceedingly predictable. Thanking me for my views is just your little petty way of trying to sound somewhat clever.

Until you can stomach some kind of rather harsh critsism, I suggest a reality check.. and maybie a new profession.

Can't we just all get along?

JMann    2
<No point in Quoting>

Alright I apologise, maybe I was stupid. To apologise, I will edit my posts if I still can. Sorry. :) I will admit I was wrong. Thank you for your critisism, honestly, I have actually printed off your posts and will take them in.

Best Regards,

JMann.