NeoRequest

Question

JMann

Thank you to StOrM from circlehosting.net for hosting the NeoRequest? Screenshots.

Warning: 56k users, this page will take a long time to load, but please be paitent. They are worth the wait.;);)

Current BETA testers:

Wing

Trefaes

Mark03

Sesh

Trix

Timsweb

Anaron

The_Decryptor

Lycan

Lardiop

Furby

+matt74441

Smokiethebandit

[John]

StOrM

Sorry guys, after talking with Chorpeac, we only need "0" more BETA testers, then thawillb> be it. So say if you want to BETA test!

Hey guys, well me and Chorpeac have been working really hard to try and get NeoRequest? into the big stages. We think its coming together, but its taking a while, we still have problems but at the moment its not looking too bad. Chorpeac has been constantly working on the c(even while working! Terrible.)And I, have just been doing tons of graphics and trying to all get them to fit together nicely and get the to become Transparent! Nast:devil:vil: But now we have been able to get to work and we have managed to get it to the stage where it all works and it looks good. So below are the Screenshots of NeoRequest?.

56k warning, these images are large, so they may take a while to load, be warned.[/i]d.NeoRequest? Login PagePage

Artistsworkdesk.jpg

Download link for all of the Screenshots if you cannot wait.

Edited by JMann

b34ch3r

scratch that, seems to be an error with everything at the moment.

+chorpeac

got this one fixed....it was related to the event problem I had this morning. I am trying to upload the fix, if the FTP server would let me log in!! :)

Remove that picture, it contains URL... :angry:

DoNuTs
Remove that picture, it contains URL... :angry:

It sure did :shifty:

Lycan

Urgent! mods or b34ch3r self remove that pic

+chorpeac
It sure did :shifty::

don't you even...:))

bakerster

.. even if you do go to the page... you can't login..

chorpeac, i wanna beta test!

+chorpeac

I had a tester recommend adding a section to the Artist Workdesk. The new section would list all the requests that an artist worked on. Just like it is in the "view all request" section. My question is this. What would you think if I removed the request details from the artist workdesk grids? Instead it would be a link to the request, just like from the "view all request" section. I originally put the request details in the artist work desk so you could easily see it from within the workdesk. If I changed it, it would be integrated in the workdesk.

b34ch3r

crud! I only realised this mornin', im kickin mehself.

Sorry bout that Jmann, Chorpeac..

+chorpeac

it's ok we took care of it.

JMann

Hiya, best apologies been at work all day. Hectic I tell you. I will be around now, well done for posting the URL dumbass. ;) j/k Nah, as long as its been removed I dont mind. But I will be around now.

JMann

+chorpeac

Hey Beta Testers. I made some changes based on recommendations. Please check out the results and see if I overlooked anything. Keep bringing on the great feedback!

b34ch3r

chorpeac, a couple of suggestions:

-The comment box needs to be made larger, preferably the width of the page. It looks kinda out of place just hanging below the previous comments.

-In the 'estimated time to complete' section there should be entry space to put several numbers (i.e 20) and 3 check boxes; minutes, hours and days.

thanks, b34ch3r

+chorpeac
chorpeac, a couple of suggestions:

-The comment box needs to be made larger, preferably the width of the page. It looks kinda out of place just hanging below the previous comments.

-In the 'estimated time to complete' section there should be entry space to put several numbers (i.e 20) and 3 check boxes; minutes, hours and days.

thanks, b34ch3r

Hey I thought I made the comment box bigger, it's still not the width of the page?

BETA TESTER QUESTION:

A requestor has the ability to delete a request. This deletes everything related to the request. Should the artists work be kept? The artists ratings are kept, but should the artists work be kept, and let the artist delete their work as they want?

+chorpeac

I like this...i'll work on that.

Good catch

b34ch3r

I think it should be the artisits choice whether the work gets deleted or not.

The comment boxes are the same, small size on Firefox, atleast.

Anothr suggestion, it would be good to incorporate the neowin profiles on neorequest, you can click on an artists name and it brings up there neowin profile.

b34ch3r

furby

I like the approval bit in the Artist Workdesk, also I wondered if you'd considered a gallery of completed work, or would this just add to bandwith etc.?

Had a bit of a play with the search and it seemes to work quite well.

And seen as I'm posting, not sure about the need for the drop down box when you view a request. I don't think there's that much information that couldn't be displayed in one view

JMann

Nice work guys. (Y) A*

JMann

+chorpeac
The comment boxes are the same, small size on Firefox, atleast.

Anothr suggestion, it would be good to incorporate the neowin profiles on neorequest, you can click on an artists name and it brings up there neowin profile.

b34ch3r

Can you post a screen shot of this textbox size problem you are having. The property is set to 100%, maybe firefox needs a pixel width. Make sure you cut the URL from your screenie! :)

I'll have to look into the profile exporting from Neowin. That might be doable, I'll have to talk to Redmak about it.

Let me see that screenie!

+chorpeac
I like the approval bit in the Artist Workdesk, also I wondered if you'd considered a gallery of completed work, or would this just add to bandwith etc.?

Had a bit of a play with the search and it seemes to work quite well.

And seen as I'm posting, not sure about the need for the drop down box when you view a request. I don't think there's that much information that couldn't be displayed in one view

When the artist submits work, there is a section there called Completed Items. It allows the artist to see all the graphics he/she has submitted for all the requests he/she accepted to work on. In this view, and in the view of the completed work on the request page, I can make the images show instead of a link to them. I will just have to offer something slightly differently, or filter based on file type. You can't display a zip file. It would have to be a link. :) Is that what you mean?

I set it up with the dropdown so it would run faster, it hits the database less that way, since you are only seeing one thing instead of three. If it is the preference of the user, I can make it all viewable....

matt95110

I know it seems minor, but could you fix the top of the Requests table?

post-31-1091202484.gif

+chorpeac

hmm...I'll check that out and see if I can.

JMann

Chorpeac, you have a PM about Uploaders.

Edit: Whats up with the Login system, I cant get in?

+chorpeac

Yeah me either...I'm checking this out...I am able to log in from my computer, but not from the site.

JMann

Weve been locked out! Nooo! hehe. :D

+chorpeac

I'm not sure what is going on. I can run everything fine locally, but from the site it is failing. The host companies website is down, so I can't get any support right now. Sorry for the problem guys, I'll try to get in contact with them... :(