NeoRequest

Question

Thank you to StOrM from circlehosting.net for hosting the NeoRequest? Screenshots.

Warning: 56k users, this page will take a long time to load, but please be paitent. They are worth the wait.;);)

Current BETA testers:

Wing

Trefaes

Mark03

Sesh

Trix

Timsweb

Anaron

The_Decryptor

Lycan

Lardiop

Furby

+matt74441

Smokiethebandit

[John]

StOrM

Sorry guys, after talking with Chorpeac, we only need "0" more BETA testers, then thawillb> be it. So say if you want to BETA test!

Hey guys, well me and Chorpeac have been working really hard to try and get NeoRequest? into the big stages. We think its coming together, but its taking a while, we still have problems but at the moment its not looking too bad. Chorpeac has been constantly working on the c(even while working! Terrible.)And I, have just been doing tons of graphics and trying to all get them to fit together nicely and get the to become Transparent! Nast:devil:vil: But now we have been able to get to work and we have managed to get it to the stage where it all works and it looks good. So below are the Screenshots of NeoRequest?.

56k warning, these images are large, so they may take a while to load, be warned.[/i]d.NeoRequest? Login PagePage

Artistsworkdesk.jpg

Download link for all of the Screenshots if you cannot wait.

Edited by JMann

No problemo, I will check it tommorow, good stuff looking forward to seeing it, thanks SniperX for the idea, as for once its been of use.

Cheers.

At the moment there is not a date set, however we are going to begin beta testing very soon. After that testing period and making and necessary changes, it should be operational. I'm not going to guess, because you will hold me to it. :)

I'm not going to guess, because you will hold me to it. :)

Well then that sounds nice, I cant wait to hear more about this project. But I must ask how the system will work? How will requests be handled and distributed to the different photoshoppers? Will any other imaging software be used?

The system will work like this. You log into the system using your neowin account.

Then you can act as a requestor or an artist.

As a requestor, you post graphic requests by providing the recommended information and follow up with clarification as needed. Then the final products are shown to you through links. Then you can post a rating/feedback score 1-5 (lowest to highest) on how you felt about the overall work.

As an artist, you log into the system and accept requests. Work on them, then post a URL or more of your finished product.

This method is much more organized than having to route through a 100+ page post, and the requests can stay as long as you like, or they can be deleted at any time. Same goes for the artists work.

That is how the system is designed currently. It will begin beta testing very soon.

It doesn't currently have a release date, but the beta test is very soon to begin. I'm just tightening some screws and getting the last few things ready.

is it written in vb.net or c#? I ask because Im planning on creating a web service too that is similar to what you are doing. It has nothing to do with images or whatever but i like the way the login stuff works!

GOOD WORK!!!

And for beta testing, everyone can participate?

Beta tester selection is complete. However, there may still be a few spots, check with JMann. He was coordinating that effort.

is it written in vb.net or c#? I ask because Im planning on creating a web service too that is similar to what you are doing. It has nothing to do with images or whatever but i like the way the login stuff works!

GOOD WORK!!!

absolutely, positively, C# all the way. :D

Im gonna create an image gallery type thing similar to nGallery. I need a similar solution, but i hate nGallery. I also want to add logins with permissions similar to a forum. Thats why i was interested in what language and such.

thanks SniperX for the idea, as for once its been of use.

For once? Then I shall refrain from troubling you further with any other obviously useless ideas and suggestions.

I replied to all the PM's I got, as I said we have all 15 now but we might decide to have some more, so I will get in touch if we need some more.

JMann

Just a quick update on the new features:

-Authentication with the Neowin User database.

-Paging with the datagrids

-Hyperlinks to the completed works open in new window.

-Ability to search by an Artist name

-Basic rating system. Values are 1 lowest to 5 highest. Only original requestor can rate an artists work for a request.

Beta is soon, we will keep you in touch!