NeoRequest Public Preview

Question

The Beta has been returning some good comments and suggestion and bugs, and many changes have been made that were recommended.

Jmann and I are pleased to annouce the public preview of the Neowin Graphic Request system. For those of you who are not familiar, the previous graphic request threads worked, but there are many things that the new system does for the process.

Requests will no longer get lost in all the jibber jabber that filled the current threads.

To start, login with your Neowin credentials.

NeoRequest allows someone who is looking for a graphic the chance to submit a request. The request must include certain information to be submitted. Once it is submitted an artist can accept to work on it. The requestor will know who is working on the request. The requestor, artist, or a normal person logging in can post comments/Questions on the request. Once an artist is finished, he/she will submit a URL to a graphic or a zip file containing the graphics.

The artist has the option to track their work and all work completed in the past in the artist workdesk. This is also where the artist submits their finish products for a request. An artist can also edit previously submitted URLs for any reason.

A basic search function is available for a quick search of historical requests.

We hope you enjoy the system, see the benefit of it, and continue to make your graphic requests through it.

Once again, this is a public preview, not a final product. It is almost a final product. The risk of data loss is possible. Also, changes can and are still being made, so please be patient. Access the system to become familiar with it, test it out, or make a live request!

Have fun, if you find errors, have a suggestion, or have a question about it, PM Jmann or chorpeac!

The address to access the system is NeoRequest

The point system is the best idea. It rewards the people that fo good work and the people that submit a lot. If you do this i dont think you need to do a "Top Submitters list" because you could be on it very easily bt submitting a ton of reallyt ****tty gfx.

My 2 cents

Hava

Hey, that's an idea also....

Maybe we could have both.

The top 5 Artists by Submissions

The top 5 Artists by Score

(Y) / (N) ?

The poin system would really be cool (Y)

But mabey also broaden the point range (0-10) or (0-5)

So that people who are just trying to get points don't get any :D

Suggestions list:

1. A link on each page to Neowin.

2. A link on each page to the Neowin Forums.

3. All comments on the same page as request.

4. Broader support for special characters (like poor donuts ?).

5. Some new (better) buttons!!!!

6. Support for requestors to allow different sizes (i.e. 100 by 50 ? 200 by 100)

7. An artist list with their work displayed rating/points etc?

8. A point system where each submission gains points by rating (0-5 or 0-10)

9. A comment/ submitted work e-mail notification system

10. My name at the bot:pm :p

Ok here is what I will do.

I will add a 0 to the rating, it will go from 0-5. So a person can get a 0, for poor work.

Also, I think I will try to leave the top submitters list to see how it goes. It may help people pick an artist who is very active to just get a graphic.

Ultimately the highest rated (with the most points) should be better quality work.

Let's see how it goes, it is easy to remove/add these. :)

Suggestions list:

1. A link on each page to Neowin.

2. A link on each page to the Neowin Forums.

3. All comments on the same page as request.

4. Broader support for special characters (like poor donuts ?).

5. Some new (better) buttons!!!!

6. Support for requestors to allow different sizes (i.e. 100 by 50 ? 200 by 100)

7. An artist list with their work displayed rating/points etc?

8. A point system where each submission gains points by rating (0-5 or 0-10)

9. A comment/ submitted work e-mail notification system

10. My name at the bottom&n:pp; :p

3. * NEED VOTE FROM EVERYONE * ((N)/ (N)

6. * NEED VOTE FROM EVERYONE * ((N)/ (N)

(N). (N) "Requires payment&q:Dt; :D

:D Also could you make the "view all requests" page have bigger spaces in between

each request, because it's hard to look at all that tiny text so close together. :wacko:

-I was thinking of something like the same on the neowin forum (I hope you know what I mean)

Edited by NFDC

:D Also could you make the "view all requests" page have bigger spaces in between

each request, because it's hard to look at all that tiny text so close together. :wacko:

-I was thinking of something like the same on the neowin forum (I hope you know what I mean)

Table Spacing. Nice idea. ;)

Funny enough I am working on some now. I dont know if they would work perfectly but we will see. We will have to make some modifications to NeoRequest, but Chorpeac, if your online, MSN me.

Funny enough I am working on some now. I dont know if they would work perfectly but we will see. We will have to make some modifications to NeoRequest, but Chorpeac, if your online, MSN me.

Can you post a preview of the buttons?? :D

Please!!! :laugh:

:)...yeah, for some reason it always times out....damn admins are blocking everything again.... :(

No problem Chorpeac. Well this is kinda a tough one too decide. I dont know if I can like them or not, so I will leave this one upto you lot to decide. Well here is a screenshot of what they would look like on NeoRequest. Comments please.... :)

JMann ;)

Edit: Obviously expand the picture to see them in its full glory. ;)

post-31-1092411155.gif

We could always change? Too sexy Ice Blue baby. lol. :) Those buttons look good in the silver layout, partly the reason why I tried and tested with so many different colours. But we could chnage to a blue layout fairly easily, I could do it in about a day, not sure about the coding though, that would be Chorpeacs area of expertise. We could make a set of skins and configure them in user options, good idea? What about the coding Chorpeac? Might be an idea.

Edit: Have a look to the Right of the image to see the comparison to the silver.

post-31-1092411749.gif

We could make a set of skins and configure them in user options, good idea?

That would be awesome!!

And make some new skins different from the ones Neowin has :shifty:

edit- perhaps blue aqua glass :devil:

Well they look pretty good. However, I am concerned that they might still be too big. If we need to continue to stick with the Neowin UI look and feel, then I think the buttons need to be smaller. My biggest complaint is that the buttons take too much room on the page, or in the place they are located. Neowin uses much smaller buttons.

I assume the skins would be possible, but it would be a lot of work to strip out all the neowin HTML in there and add our own...

Well they look pretty good. However, I am concerned that they might still be too big. If we need to continue to stick with the Neowin UI look and feel, then I think the buttons need to be smaller. My biggest complaint is that the buttons take too much room on the page, or in the place they are located. Neowin uses much smaller buttons.

I assume the skins would be possible, but it would be a lot of work to strip out all the neowin HTML in there and add our own...

They are scaled down, but really small buttons can be made, but they do not look good at all. I think they look good that size. Plus wouldnt they just look really weird small. I will see if I can make one and show you what I mean.

Well, I will leave this upto you. I have now made these buttons. You can choose which you prefer. All are shown below.

Version 1

backtohome.gif

createnewrequest.gif

viewallrequests.gif

artistsworkdesk.gif

Search.gif

Version 2 - My personal favourite. :)

Attached at bottom of the post to stop it resizing the browser. Which can be very frustrating. :)

Version 3

Home%20Button.gif

Create%20New%20Request.gif

View%20all%20Requests.gif

Artists%20Workdesk.gif

Search.gif

User%20Options.gif

Your choice. Please say.

Thanks,

JMann

post-31-1092426959.gif