Which K700i do you have?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Which K700i do you have?

• K700i/Vodafone Branded
    • K700i/02 Branded
    • K700i/Orange Branded
    • K700i/T Mobile Branded
    • K700i/Unbranded
    • K700i/Other(Over sea's versions and Networks)

58_1_b.JPG

That's what it looks like on the eBay page, so with any luck it'll look completely sweet on my K700i when I get it :D

I'll post pics the second I fit it all.

btw, am I the ONLY person on this thread who's actually debranded their k700i and changed the cover? I'm the only one spending money around here am i! :laugh:

edit: I think I was the first one who actually went out and forced Vodafone to give me a firmware update to... lol, I seem to be completely obsessed with my phone, I guess i'm in the right job hehe

lol

why isnt there a sony ericsson gem thing on the bak of the case?

584903769[/snapback]

Becuase its an unofficial case, the real one has sony ericsson stamped into the back and not printed.

I havnt had my phone long enough to debrand and get a new cover. however i dont feel the o2 branding is hindering me in anyway, the firmware is as up to date as i need, and i think the phone looks good enough as it is without having to change the cover.

Yeah unfortunately the orange icons and integration really miffed me, so it had to go :)

As for the cover changing, I like the default one, but I crave to be a bit different to every other person with a k700i out there hehe :)

Call me an attention ######, I don't mind :p

I'm thinking of getting this phone on a contract soon (probably as soon as my step dad gets some time off work, co inciding with a day off school) but I have one question for you guys:

Could one of you take a pic with the phone of anything and post it here so I can see what it's like?

Cheers. :D

if your getting on contarct dont get one from vodaphone or t-mobile becauase the dont have rights to use mp3s as ringtones unless u are going to debrand it then pick the cheapest

I've been with O2 ever since it started in the UK great network, great deals. But Orange had an offer too good to refuse.

Free SE K700i

120xnet mins

250 standard txt's

50% off calls to landlines once inclusive mins are used

An extra 1000 txt's on to of your inclusive txt's

So im getting 1250txt PM with 120xnet mins for ?25 pm

Only problem is you need to be a student and have an NUS number or cover letter from your college/uni

www.orange.co.uk/student

Hey all. I just got my K700i on O2, and am REALLY pleased with it. No branding issues, in fact I would say the sligh O2 branding is quite classy.

My major complaint is the crappy plastic buttons, they have already scrateched after 2 days of use (and no I don't leave it in my pocket with keys or such). That said, replacing them won't be too hard.

So, I am on firmware version R2L001, is this up-to-date or should it be upgraded? I only ask as the battery life isn't amazing.

Also, does anyone here have any experience with using Jabber.nu on this phone?

njlouch - the latest firmware is R2AA - R2L is good firmware, so I wouldn't recommend upgrading unless you 100% have to :)

I have R2AA on my k700i and it really hasn't made a whole lot of difference in terms of battery life, but I keep mine in its cradle all day, so that keeps it fully charged always.

The scratches I have no problem with either - I carry mine in my pocket when I'm out of the house and so far i've not noticed any scratches on either the screen or any of the buttons - perhaps you're a bit too hard on yours! :)

In fairness, I have received my phone on Saturday, and as it is new I have been playing with it lots, and it only now needs a recharge. So will stick with a nice stable firmware.

However, seriously - I am very gentle on my phones, after a year my 3650 still looks pristine (I clean with alcohol once a month, etc). The plastic buttons let this phone down, they should be metal - Imagine blue backlit metal on this phone - mmmmm.

Do you think any screen protectors are worthwhile?

I've had mine 3 months now and I've not noticed a single scratch anywhere on the phone, but seeing as you've done your buttons in less than 3 days, maybe a screen protector would be a good idea for you mate :D

and ooh... blue backlit metal buttons... now you're making me salivate! :D