[DEFINITIVE]Sony Ericsson K700i Thread

Which K700i do you have?  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sporkguy

Well, on the Standby screen there are three Orange icons, one for wap, one for sms, one for address book.

In the menu itself all the icons are a nasty orange colour, the layout is slightly different to the stock k700i. The first two icons are orange-world related, and the rest are icons from the original structure.

The main drawback of the customisation is the removal of the shortcut keys on the joystick, which was fairly annoying, as well as the removal of the 'more' button on the standby screen, which is VERY useful for turning on/off bluetooth very quickly.

dunkster

Ah, well mine on o2 has none of what you orange have done, i have shortcut keys from the joystick, and a 'more' button. As fas as i can tell its just the Sony ericsson icon the first in the menu thats been replaced with an o2 one, plus a custom theme and startup/shutdown animations.

Sporkguy

Sounds ok then :)

and btw, Muse rock :D

Spyker

is it possible to load software onto the k700i to allow bluesnarfing or a bluejacking software with more tools at hand thanks

Chrispynutt

has anyone got any photos of the branding? I'm starting to get worried. I ordered one today from Amazon.co.uk but its got a long leed time.

Spyker

the branding is not bad at all i bought mine direct from orange and theres a tiny sticker on it thats all i didnt even notice it untill i really had a look around the phone

Chrispynutt

I heard it had bright orange Icons instead of the usual ones. Could you take a photo of your main 9 icon menu screen?

Elmo

i dont see what the problem is with orange k700i

i have 1 and it doesnt bother me at all

dont worry

Spyker

sorry i dont have any digital camera to take a picture of it and using the phone to do its quite hard :-)

Chrispynutt

Cheers guys, I'm quite a nervious person by nature. Besides for ?160 I should be laughing. Should be a nice step up from my T68i.

dunkster
Sounds ok then :)

and btw, Muse rock :D

584874738[/snapback]

heh, yes they do. good that you recognise it from the pic.

Gunbuster, you can just change the theme, enless orange have taken all th others off the phone. mine is on o2, and i just swopped tto a different theme.

kafkef

the k700i sucks

the buttons are too small and it doesn't support memory cards...

Nokia 6230 kicks its phone-ass

Sporkguy

Thanks Winters, but as you can guess, this is a k700i thread, so your comments will be disregarded as useless :)

Dunkster: I would recognise Matt Bellamy's mug anywhere, especially on the Stockhold vid :D

As for changing the theme, yes it's possible on the Orange phone, however, the icons don't change colour, they stay orange. Quite tasteless of Orange really, but unless you have a hate for the colour Orange then it's something you can live with :)

and btw, the K700i sh*ts all over the 6230's crappy screen, and whats the deal with that middle joystick button being so damn hard to use on the Nokia? :p

kafkef

6230's screen is 10 times better than the k700i's screen (my opinion) and the "joystick" isn't hard to use at all...

Sporkguy
6230's screen is 10 times better than the k700i's screen (my opinion) and the "joystick" isn't hard to use at all...

584876171[/snapback]

in what way is it better? it's smaller, it's contrast and brightness is far inferior.. I honestly can't see why you think its better lol

Spyker

how long wqould be good for the first charge the book said 4 hours so i left it 5 but it seemed short have i sqrewed up or can i leave it longer next full charge

+any good tips or advice for the orange branded version

thanks

Edited by islab

Sporkguy

The tip for first charge is:

Turn the phone on when you get it, and leave it switched on until the battery is completely drained.

Then charge it for about 16 hours, or as many as you can upto 16 hours. Any more than this can damage the phone's battery.

When you next charge the battery, and every time after this, wait until your battery is at 0% (or as close to it as possible) before charging it for 4-5 hours.

If you follow this tip, then in my experience you will get a great life out of your battery, usually of about 3-4 days with heavy usage.

Hope that helps.

Spyker

yeah thanks but since i charged it for only 4 first time will i always have ****e battery life or can i give it a full 16 hours the next time it goes down and get the same results

Sporkguy

For your next time I recommend you wait till 0% (until the phone physically turns itself off) then charge for about 8 hours. You can try more, but I don't think that'll have much of a positive effect on the battery.

Give it a go. Enjoying your sexy phone so far? :D

Brodel

one question i have about this phone is, when you are writing a text message and move the cursor back or delete things. is there any delay? I have the SE T68i and its really anoying when you try to go back on a text, for example if i press back 10times and stop, it still takes a few seconds before the cursor catches up.

Spyker

sporkguy : what kind of battery life should i expect from this phone now after i follow your advice for charging for 8 hours from dead simmilar to what you said before or much limited

Sporkguy

Well as your Firmware is R2C, don't expect spectacular results, maybe 3 days max using the above charging method.

R2L and Above give great battery life, usually about 5 days.

Sporkguy
one question i have about this phone is, when you are writing a text message and move the cursor back or delete things. is there any delay? I have the SE T68i and its really anoying when you try to go back on a text, for example if i press back 10times and stop, it still takes a few seconds before the cursor catches up.

584879431[/snapback]

Nope, it's as fast as you would expect a new phone to be :)

Spyker

thanks

Spyker

if i wanted to download a .jar file to run as an application how would i do it. i enterd the url in including the file name and it opended it as text ?

thanks

Edited by islab