2004 MLB Playoff Thread

It's that time of year again. the playoffs are upon us.

First round begins Tuesday. Here are my picks

Division Series

Minnesota vs New York

Boston vs Anaheim

Los Angeles vs St. Louis

Houston vs Atlanta

League Championship Series

Atlanta vs. St. Louis

Boston vs. Minnesota

World Series

Atlanta over Boston in 7

My spring training pick was Atlanta over Boston in the world series so i'm staying with that again. Sucks that the cubs didnt make it, i would have rather played them than the astros.. the astros scare me a little bit, they are the hottest team coming intot he postseason, and i think that "stomach virus" clemens had today was a bs excuse to save him for the possibility of a one game playoff or for Game 1 of the NLDS. If Atlanta doesnt win it this year, 2nd choice is Boston, and after that, any team that isnt the Yankees.

Edited by CatnipOligarthy

Division Series

Minnesota vs New York

Boston vs Anaheim

Los Angeles vs St. Louis

Houston vs Atlanta

Minnesota vs Boston

Los Angeles vs Atlanta

World Series

Boston vs Los Angeles

What I would like to see:

Division Series:

Minnesota vs New York

Boston vs Anaheim

Los Angeles vs St. Louis

Houston vs Atlanta

League Championship Series:

Minnesota vs Anaheim

St. Louis vs Atlanta

World Series:

St. Louis vs Anaheim - 6 games

What's really going to happen:

Division Series:

Minnesota vs New York

Boston vs Anaheim

Los Angeles vs St. Louis

Houston vs Atlanta

League Championship Series:

New York vs Boston

St. Louis vs Houston

World Series:

St. Louis vs Boston - 6 games

i'm goin to the angels vs. bosox game 1! first pitch is in 3 hours!

Division Series

Minnesota vs New York

Boston vs Anaheim

Los Angeles vs St. Louis

Houston vs Atlanta

Houston vs. St. Louis

Boston vs. Minnesota

World Series

St. Louis over Boston in 6

i'm goin to the angels vs. bosox game 1!? first pitch is in 3 hours!

Division Series

Minnesota> vs New York

Boston> vs Anaheim

Los Angeles vsSt. Louis>

Houston> vs Atlanta

Houston vs.St. Louis>

Boston> vs. Minnesota

World Series

St. Louis over Boston in 6

Boston over the Twins????? Blasphemy!!!

Pedro chokes in big games

Johan Santana, Future AL Cy Young winner, will prevail!!!!

It's funny how you guys are pushing aside the low budget teams, similar to the way people put aside OSU against Miami in 2002. :ninja::

I have a question reguarding the playoff 1st round match ups. Why are the Yankees playing the Twins instead of the Angels? :huh:

They way I "thought" it worked was : The 3 division winners are seeded 1-3 based on best regular season record, while the wild card team is seeded 4. Then the 1 seed would play the 4 seed and the 2 seed plays the 3 seed. With the EXCEPTION that if both the 1 and 4 seeds are from the same division, then the 1 seed would play the 3 seed and the 2 seed would then play the 4 seed.

This held true for the NL opening round, but not the AL. Am I missing something here? :D

I have a question reguarding the playoff 1st round match ups. Why are the Yankees playing the Twins instead of the Angels? :huh:

They way I "thought" it worked was : The 3 division winners are seeded 1-3 based on best regular season record, while the wild card team is seeded 4. Then the 1 seed would play the 4 seed and the 2 seed plays the 3 seed. With the EXCEPTION that if both the 1 and 4 seeds are from the same division, then the 1 seed would play the 3 seed and the 2 seed would then play the 4 seed.

This held true for the NL opening round, but not the AL. Am I missing something here? :D

Anaheim and Minnesota finished with the same record (92-70). Anaheim won the season series 5-4, so they win the tiebreaker and become the 2 seed.

Anaheim and Minnesota finished with the same record (92-70). Anaheim won the season series 5-4, so they win the tiebreaker and become the 2 seed.

OK, I see where I went wrong, I was looking at the win columns on ESPN.com's MLB standings page (apparently ignoring the loss column) :(

and now see that they have the Twins' record wrong, 93-70? that would be 163 games, 1 too many! :huh:

Thanks for helping me get it straight! :D

sox win, yanks lose.. good start. great to see sheffield with the 0-for today.. after hes hit about .100 the last 2 postseasons for atl.

braves/astros start tomorrow. and ill be at work :angry:

johan is unstoppable.

the angels bosox game was pretty fun. my first playoff anything. gotta love the atmosphere. i was really impressed by the bosox. friggin forgot my camera in the car though. :doh:

You know it's gonna be a good day when...

You wake up, and thus haven't died in your sleep. :happy:

The Yankees lose! :devil:

Amen! Preach da word, brother!!!