• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

2004 MLB Playoff Thread

ChicoCahill    0
Four days rest...:whistle:

pitched tuesday, off wed, thur, fri, pitch saturday..........3 days rest

L3thal    2

Sorry, that was my error. I thought they played tomorrow :ninja:

CatnipOligarchy    1

ugh. :crazy: :argh:

BroChaos    1

sorry man. houston's just too hot right now...

CatnipOligarchy    1

3 years in a row we've faced the hottest team in baseball in the first round. only positives i have going into tomorrow are -

1) clemens is on short rest, and doesnt have all that good of numbers in that situation.

2) game 2 was a must win and they pulled it off, and we pulled it off last year in game 4 in the same situation. chipper had been struggling and he came through big.

3) from watching the game today, it looked like some of the astros were getting just a bit overconfident. thats a good thing at times, but theyve gotta be careful not to start looking ahead to the LCS. atlanta is still a very good ball club and should we win tomorrow, game 5 would be a complete toss up.

and i have game 5 tickets, ive been the last 2 years, i'd love to see us win one.. seems like its been forever..

Chad    0

Atlanta has just as much chance to win as anyone else. Remember Florida last year? Given up for dead against the cubs. They come back and take it to the Yanks, who had, on paper, better hitting AND pitching. Anaheim did it a couple years ago. Heck, Arizona beat the yanks a few years back because of two pitchers.

Honestly...I don't want the Yanks to win (I really don't think I need to give a reason), if the Cubs have to suffer another year without a WS ring, so does Boston, so no to them. I can't stand St Louis and Houston, being a Cubs fan. Twins are pretty much done, so that leaves the Braves...the underdog. Looks like I have no choice but to cheer for the Braves :)

L3thal    2

The Twins are not quite done yet. If Santana pulls off a win in game 4 (leading 1-0 so far), I'm sure they have a good chance to pull off a win in NY.

wv@gt    2,659

The braves need to wake the hell up. I cant stand to see another postseason blown.

its like they dont even care about the postseason. Andruw got a 3 run hr today and furcal got the winning homerun thursday. There the only ones doing something. Why do the just stop playing baseball during postseason everyyear. I just want to run down to there dugout and yell at them to wake up. WHY!!!!

Chad    0
The Twins are not quite done yet. If Santana pulls off a win in game 4 (leading 1-0 so far), I'm sure they have a good chance to pull off a win in NY.

Nah their done. No one else can pitch. :p

BroChaos    1

yeah, minnesota turned out to be pretty one dimensional...

christracy    0
if the Cubs have to suffer another year without a WS ring, so does Boston, so no to them.

:rofl: thats not good for cub karma ya know!

wv@gt    2,659

ahh braves lost, why do the freeze up like this

L3thal    2

Braves are done tomorrow night.

wv@gt    2,659

ill never forget game 6 of the 1995 world series. 2nd to last row of fulton county stadium, boy was that a rush

L3thal    2

Red Sox @ Yankees in the ALCS. I'm sensing that this is the Sox's year :yes:

finality    0
Red Sox @ Yankees in the ALCS. I'm sensing that this is the Sox's year :yes:

I'm sensing that last year, the year before, the year before that, the year before that and the year before that were also the Red Sox years.

Galley    1

Damn Yankees! :angry:

RangerLG    42

Minute Maid has been kind to my 'Stros for more than a month now. It would be great for Rocket to close out our first playoff series win at home on Sunday. I'm pumped!!

Hurmoth    518
YANKEES WIN! YANKEES WIN! :D

Kurt    0

Yanks won? OH YES!!!!! :yes: For Boston... Don't forget Bambino!! Curse stays!

OH yea.. Who's other next curses? Bernie Willams or Bubba Crosby? :unsure: :rofl:

post-91-1097370648.jpg

Edited by Kurt

wv@gt    2,659

damn i just wanna go to another braves world series.BOO astros

BroChaos    1

damn, can't believe the yanks came back...

dodgers still alive...

Hurmoth    518
damn, can't believe the yanks came back...

dodgers still alive...

Some of that beautiful October Magic :yes: Plus, that fact that they broke the MLB Record for come-from-behind wins (over 60).

ChicoCahill    0

the yankees always make their games exciting, can't wait till they beat the sox again

QuantumTrickery    2

No doubt the RedSox will put up a good fight, and no doubt they will choke like they do every year.