2004 MLB Playoff Thread

Considering they actually have a 1-2 punch this year, their chances are even higher than last years. Now let's see how big of a daddy the Yankees are to Pedro ;)

The key difference between the sox and yanks this year has got to be in the pitching staff. Just about every starting pitcher on the yankees are prone to getting hit hard, and the sox have Schilling, Pedro, Arroyo, and Wakefield.

about the curse, did anyone read about the curse breaker this season? Manny hit that kid with a foul ball? If you believe in the curse, you can believe it can be broken.

:)

btw, props to lima, i love watching him play, he's so emotional!

im rooting for a sox dodgers ws, though i'm skeptical.

I'm not worried about Pedro much, we tend to keep him under control. Schilling is going to be rough on us and I'm not sure if Wakefield will be used, but he's a Yankee killer. Also, I'm more worried about Boston's offense than their pitching. The yankees don't have solid pitching at all and Boston has some explosive bats.

i wish i had some sort of confidence for tonights game. been let down so many times. 3 straight game 5 losses would be brutal, but ill be there for the endurance of it. i dont expect to have a voice tomorrow.

well They fu***n blew it again. its 9-3. I really wish they new how the fans felt. Cause are pitchers suck and our offense is asleep except for furcal cause he dont want to go to jail and estrada tonight

It looks like both LCS are set:

Houston vs St. Louis

Boston vs New York

Congrats to Houston for finally winning a playoff series, but it will come to the end in the LCS.

My pick is: St. Louis vs. Boston in the World Series and I hope Boston finally get the Bambino curse lifted. I'm a Phillies fan but it would be good to see Boston win it all since the Phils suck!

I'm not counting my 'Stros out. The only team to have a winning record against St. Louis this season is Houston. We are going to need strong pitching from our bottom two starters and the offense will need to stay hot.

Sure the Astros won, but fox sports net made a point that clemens wont be pitching till game 3 or 4 and the Astros relievers are tired and may not have enough. And if the Astros face boston in the world series I dont think theyll win. But that from me a very disapointed braves fan. Ah well Maybe next year :(

Whose turn is it to go for the Cards? Is it Woody Williams? We will probably send Backe to the hill which will mean our bullpen will need to be ready since Garner won't pitch Backe for more than 5 or 6 innings if he's doing well.