• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

2004 MLB Playoff Thread

BroChaos    1

was mussina the yanks best pitcher? cuz if i was the yanks, i woulda put some no-name in to face santana. no sense in putting your best guy against him, cuz you're guaranteed to lose...

L3thal    2
was mussina the yanks best pitcher? cuz if i was the yanks, i woulda put some no-name in to face santana. no sense in putting your best guy against him, cuz you're guaranteed to lose...

Yes, he was considered the "ace". He didn't pitch too bad, but Santana was too good.

BroChaos    1

yeah, if it was me, i woulda saved my "ace" for game 2. he hasn't lost since the all star break, has he? something like 15-0...

L3thal    2

Not to mention he had an ERA below 1.40 for the second half of the season.

TrickFinlay2    0

my guess...sox win the world series in game 7

L3thal    2

I agree that the Sox will win it, but I don't know in how many games considering I don't know who they'll face.

thechitowncubs    0

damn cubs :crazy: :wacko: :no: :blink: :pinch:

BroChaos    1
damn cubs :crazy: :wacko: :no: :blink: :pinch:

tell me about it man. i just changed all my cubs wallpapers and icons and stuff today....so depressing...

CatnipOligarchy    1

wtf i hate the yankees. i mean damn. why cant they just not rally every once in a while like normal teams. today has sucked. rabble rabble rabble.

thechitowncubs    0

the yankees need to bully someone else

lyunya    0

god I love the yankees!

it sucks that your team owners aren't willing to invest more in the team and competitively buy players.

p.s. that win tonite was sweet. :)

Louisville Slugger    2
god I love the yankees!

it sucks that your team owners aren't willing to invest more in the team and competitively buy players.

Quoted for truth.

CatnipOligarchy    1
god I love the yankees!

god i hate that argument. most owners dont have that kind of money lying around to invest in the first place. most teams have to use this system called the "Minor Leagues".. thats where you have lower level teams in smaller towns associated with your team, basically they train your players to become good major league ballplayers to help your team in the future. but yankees fans wouldnt know anything about that. no matter how many championships they win, they are bought, not earned.

StaticX    0

man Jeter is IMO the best base runner in the league, such great anticipation. awesome win!

BroChaos    1

jeter is my boy, even though i hate the yankees, we went to school together :)

ChicoCahill    0

gotta love the yanks

CraigMack    0

Lets go Red Sox

BroChaos    1

thats it for the angels...

shafi    0

Who is to blame the last 1.5 weeks of failure for the Cubs ? Astros win 36 of last 46 games, thats tight :blink: Well last year they lost by 1 game back. Revenge.

Sosa should do what Dusty baker told. He should act like a leader. Its not his fault last year playoff.

Astros on the way to beat Braves and Cards. :D Killer C's(cure) and Killer B's.

ShawnB    0
man Jeter is IMO the best base runner in the league, such great anticipation. awesome win!

Let's not get out of hand. He tagged up on a fly ball! Oooh! Jones screwed up by not throwing home -- instead he threw it to the first baseman who made a bad throw too. Still the ball got there at the same time Jeter did. I like Derek Jeter, he's a hell of a ball player -- but he's lucky the Twins didn't make that play. (BTW, the Twins deserved to lose and it was really inevitable once New York tied it. See 2003 ALCS Game 7)

threetonesun    1,204

I hoping to see the Red Sox and the Astros in the WS. Welcome home Roger, it's time to die.

Death By Sexy    0
Welcome home Roger, it's time to die.

ROFL.. amazing.

CatnipOligarchy    1
I hoping to see the Red Sox and the Astros in the WS. Welcome home Roger, it's time to die.

hadnt even thought of that.. that would be cool. but i'd still rather see the 'stros lose in the first round

Hurmoth    518
Atlanta over Boston in 7

:laugh: The Yankees can barely beat Boston, what makes you think Atlanta can :rofl:

kylejn    0

C'mon Astros! Go Astros!

God, they've GOT to do something this year. For the love of all that's holy, let them get past the first round!