CherryOS: Mac OS X Emulator for PC !

Ok yes theres gonna be similaritys in the boot screen, its not like the distro is gonna boot up and display diff text dependant on the EMU, its just gonna be the same in each case.

I wouldnt get a diff set of text if i installed windows xp on this machine over installing on the machine in my living room would i?

Ok yes theres gonna be similaritys in the boot screen, its not like the distro is gonna boot up and display diff text dependant on the EMU, its just gonna be the same in each case.

I wouldnt get a diff set of text if i installed windows xp on this machine over installing on the machine in my living room would i?

584725348[/snapback]

The boot selection screen is NOT a part of MacOS X, it is part of the emulator. It is something similar to Boot Magic, LiLo, or Grub, although, again, it is NOT part of the OS; notice that I am booting from an image of the Mandrake Linux CD (PPC version), and the demo of CherryOS is booting from the OS X CD.

I think the SS is pretty much fake, look at the 7th image, the scrollbar position don't match what's on the window.

584725385[/snapback]

Interesting find. I didn't notice that before.

I also find it interesting that they removed the video clip of them demonstrating CherryOS, and only have the introduction video there now. The screenshot that I posted was from the demo video. Makes me wonder if they removed it because it had some "incriminating evidence" in there?

edit: Well, they didn't remove the demo video entirely, just the link to it. Here's the link : CherryOS Installation Demo video

Edited by roadwarrior

it wouldnt be that hard to put a tv card in a pc, rename the video window, plug the mac output into a pc and caputure it that way

even simple. Use vnc to remote in, rename the viewer windows and job done.

Just out of interest whats happened to Pear Pc since the sad demise of the author?

it wouldnt be that hard to put a tv card in a pc, rename the video window, plug the mac output into a pc and caputure it that way

even simple.  Use vnc to remote in, rename the viewer windows and job done.

Just out of interest whats happened to Pear Pc since the sad demise of the author?

584725504[/snapback]

PearPC is still in development. One of the developers died, but he wasn't the only one working on it.

Heh funny

they're just bit bad html,

look at "LATEST NEWS"

bit too wide

CherryOS     is     a       G4

and they're still busy on php? because i click on "store" or add to cart..

:o

not trust with no demo.

The fact that no one has been able to but it yet - let alone try it speaks volumes.

If I were them - and I made such claims, I'd be anxious to lay all this speculation to rest.

If all they do is stay quiet for a few days/weeks and leave a shopping cart up, you have to know that it isn't right.

In my eyes there is no 'if' in it. What they are talking about having achieved (with no track record in that field) is a virtual miricle. It's like they have been beamed 10 years into the future and brought back some alien technology.

Transitive does not claim to be able to emulate entire hardware/OS stuff - specifically it makes no claims to be able to run any OS X stuff at all. This is not what Transitive Technologies claimed to be able to do.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with that.

GJ

even simple.  Use vnc to remote in, rename the viewer windows and job done.

584725504[/snapback]

Well, there's G4 support and sound now currently waiting to be included into CVS.

from what i can gaher the guy who made it is a java developer who made a video program from java...

http://www.google.be/search?q=cache:lzE-Nl...%3D2+vx30&hl=nl

a few months ago he is seen in the slashdot rooms asking for a company to test his java program with a LOT of users

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=813258 or http://apple.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=...72&cid=10506070

i think he used "cherry os" as a stunt just to get you to view the "demo" video to test his program and everytime you look at this demo video you are helping him

Here's another screenshot of the PearPC boot selection screen, compared to the CherryOS boot selection screen from their demo video.  If nothing else, they used this part of the code, with only minor text changes.  These two screens are too similar to be mere coincidence.

584725022[/snapback]

Where did u get this demo video? :) I can't find it on CherryOS site :)

this will not have too much future, Pear PC is a piece of crap, CHERRY OS is in the beta version, is not yet available to everybody and if they will do, they will going to face the same path with Apple, be sue by Apple and then shut down the development production :laugh:

i find this a bit interesting, this is from their Documentation page

'If you would like to place a preorder of the CherrOS 1.0 please go ahead, the credit card is not processed. Once CherryOS is launched we will send you a link to the trial version and also the then possible payment instructions.'

which means the cart exists, but all you are doing is placing a pre-order

no on can buy it until '1.0' is released.

Well according to them it ain't beta, its 1.0 in fact.

584726339[/snapback]

this is also on their Documentation page

'CherryOS is still under development and is only available as a beta release for selected users. We are still working out our bugs and some performance issues on the AMD System.'

this is also on their Documentation page

'CherryOS is still under development and is only available as a beta release for selected users. We are still working out our bugs and some performance issues on the AMD System.'

584726352[/snapback]

Amazing. I haven't checked the site since this morning (about 12 hours ago). It was 1.0 then ....

I'm curious to know how it will emulate a PC GPU. I mean, sure the GPUs are basically the same as the ones used on PCs, but I wonder if CherryOS can handle real-time rendering like OS X can. That's basically the only thing I want from OS X.

Where did u get this demo video? :) I can't find it on CherryOS site  :)

584726275[/snapback]

It was on there before the site went down, but was gone afterwards. If you go back a page or two (page 16, I think), I posted a direct link to the demo video, which was still on their server. Haven't checked it in a few hours though, so it might be gone now.

edit: Nevermind, look up a few posts from yours, I posted the link there. Here it is again though, and yes, it still works (as of 11:13 Central time).

I'm curious to know how it will emulate a PC GPU. I mean, sure the GPUs are basically the same as the ones used on PCs, but I wonder if CherryOS can handle real-time rendering like OS X can. That's basically the only thing I want from OS X.

584726610[/snapback]

They don't have to emulate the gfx card, they just need to send the openGL commands to the card and have them put the rendered images in the Cherry OS window. Not exactly easy to do, but i'm sure they will get it to work that way eventually