CherryOS: Mac OS X Emulator for PC !

Found this link on PearPC.net.

!! Clicky !!

584731370[/snapback]

I love this quote from one of the more recent posts there:

Taking a be piece of open source software, doctoring it to look like your own and then duping people into buying it by claiming it can run OS X at a decent speed on a PC may sound like a great idea when stoned, but I think it is time for Arben to exhale.
(all credit to the original author of this quote).

:D

Um, I think the first one is taken in fullscreen and the second in normal, windowed mode.  That would easilly explain the two shots being exactly the same.

584730166[/snapback]

Right down to the EXACT position that the curser is in? Wouldn't you have to mouse the mouse a little to be able to do that?? :ninja:

Right down to the EXACT position that the curser is in?? Wouldn't you have to mouse the mouse a little to be able to do that???:ninja:a:

584732459[/snapback]

No. You could have a hotkey to take the screenshot and have a hotkey to switch between fullscreen and normal. The latter already exists in pearpc and I'm sure you could easilly modify it to take a screencap.

Not if they were left that way for a moment after the mouse pointer was moved over it.  The CPU would quickly drop back down.  On my 7300 (which really isn't much faster than a decent P IV running PearPC, unfortunately), magnifying the icons on the Dock doesn't take much CPU at all, and it certainly doesn't have QE.

584730888[/snapback]

holy crap, a 7300 :whistle: i remember those ;)

i remember having a 500mhz g3 ibook with osx on it... no qe either, took 20-30% cpu to magnify an icon in the dock. and the load was for a few seconds, even if i just took the mouse over the dock and stopped/took my hand off the mouse.

then again, that's jaguar... apple did improve performance for non-qe machines with panther. so i don't really know now :unsure:

holy crap, a 7300  :whistle:  i remember those  ;)

i remember having a 500mhz g3 ibook with osx on it...  no qe either, took 20-30% cpu to magnify an icon in the dock.  and the load was for a few seconds, even if i just took the mouse over the dock and stopped/took my hand off the mouse.

then again, that's jaguar...  apple did improve performance for non-qe machines with panther.  so i don't really know now  :unsure:

584732775[/snapback]

I rember those iBooks... they were so slow, that even when I tried to explorer around Finder, it takes like half a second to open a folder. However, when it was running OS 9... it was fast. (Faster then those old, big and colourful iBooks)

somebody otta find this guy and beat his ass for getting all our hopes up.

584741559[/snapback]

why did you get your "hopes up"?

pearpc already exist, already tested and proven to work.

why getting excited over this?

because the developer of cherryos said it only uses 20% of your pc power to emulate mac os x and other emulators use a lot more making cherryos much faster than any other emulator out there :)

because the developer of cherryos said it only uses 20% of your pc power to emulate mac os x and other emulators use a lot more making cherryos much faster than any other emulator out there :)

584742106[/snapback]

what you said doesn't make any sense.

WTF is that, a wired blog, but hosted on a tripod account?  Wired magazine uses Tripod for hosting their blogs?  stinks of illegitimacy.  Anyways, a buncha crap, I still don't believe a word of it.

I've never been to this site however, so I suppose it could be legit - I'm just saying... I won't believe it till there's an actual performance review.

584730872[/snapback]

considering that Lycos owns both wired and tripod, i dont see how its so hard to believe that someone from wired would use tripod as a blog site.

Fair enough, daze369, I didn't know about the wired/tripod connection.

Either way, as I have said earlier, this is all a hoax, and that wired fellow that was supposed to do a review hasn't come through in any way. CherryOS is offline, and all evidence points to the fact that the "inventor" is a fraud. Have you seen the crap that is written on his website about the video encoder, it's supposed to be revolutionary with compression far exceeding that of current mechanisms, such as WMV and MPEG-4. My ass, the quality sucks ass. The only work he did was put it in a java applet form, which, might I remind you, exists as freeware as well. A slashdot news post reminds me of a higher quality codec that was played back in java and had excellent quality (better than this POS anyway) and was free if I remember correctly.

It's not cool to fraud thousands of people like this, but some people will do anything for attention. When you've an unknown little company, there's no such thing as bad advertising.

the webpage seems to work fine for me

and i know its not cached as i just visited it for the first time tonight (since the hype started that is) and it has an updated news post