CherryOS: Mac OS X Emulator for PC !

no. the username is VideoEncoder, but the system's cpu usage is 1%.

which is, well, impossible.

584728711[/snapback]

Well, when I run PearPC and OS X is fully loaded, I get less than 1% CPU usage. If I can figure how to take a screenshot (in linux), I'll post one of 'top' showing my CPU usage with pearpc running idle.

They've also used the same piccy in one piccy and used it in another screenshot

6.jpg

7.jpg

Look at the possitin of the mouse in the two fotos, there in exsactly the same place. Im sure down to pixel.

also the scroolbars are in the same place on the 1st piccy and the 3rd piccy !

and all the other piccys on the site, im very sure its all fake and using amodded ver of pear pc.

i really don't understand this company.

They're violating Apples EULA by:

#1 Advertising that it is solely an OSX emulator

#2 Selling it

so in essence its opening itself up to a major lawsuit by apple...

I'll just stick with my iBook for now.

i really don't understand this company. 

They're violating Apples EULA by:

#1 Advertising that it is solely an OSX emulator

#2 Selling it

so in essence its opening itself up to a major lawsuit by apple...

I'll just stick with my iBook for now.

584729716[/snapback]

Actually they aren't violating Apples EULA cause they aren't "emulating" OSX, they are emulating PPC

For them to violate apples EULA they would of actually had to agree to it in the first place. They do state the program does NOT come with OSX, you must buy OSX to install. Therefore there is no legal basis for apple to sue

I don't think they even bothered stealing PearPC. They just used a real mac and took screenshots, and photoshopped it on. You never actually see a video of the OS inside the program because it doesn't exist. This is one big scam to get people to test his video streaming java crap. IMO he should have his balls cut off.

Then that's not even close..... :laugh:

On the sidenote.... I thought you couldn't install 10.4 with G3 hardware :unsure:

584728534[/snapback]

The WWDC build worked fine on G3s, hopefully the final does or I will have to get a new G5 or something.

Well, when I run PearPC and OS X is fully loaded, I get less than 1% CPU usage.  If I can figure how to take a screenshot (in linux), I'll post one of 'top' showing my CPU usage with pearpc running idle.

584729284[/snapback]

from the picture, it doesn't look like the emulator would be "idle".

from the picture, it doesn't look like the emulator would be "idle".

584729827[/snapback]

It looks idle to me. It would be great to see the CPU load when it's playing a movie, or Quake 3.

They've also used the same piccy in one piccy and used it in another screenshot

[snip.]

Look at the possitin of the mouse in the two fotos, there in exsactly the same place. Im sure down to pixel.

584729710[/snapback]

Um, I think the first one is taken in fullscreen and the second in normal, windowed mode. That would easilly explain the two shots being exactly the same.

It looks idle to me.  It would be great to see the CPU load when it's playing a movie, or Quake 3.

584730114[/snapback]

look at the dock. see how some of the icons are magnified? for a computer that wouldn't have quartz extreme, magnifying those icons would take a lot of cpu cycles, more than that one little spike in the usage history (it'd be wider).

Then that's not even close..... :laugh:

On the sidenote.... I thought you couldn't install 10.4 with G3 hardware :unsure:

584728534[/snapback]

Not sure where you got that idea. 10.4 will install on a G3, so long as it has built in USB and FireWire.

WTF is that, a wired blog, but hosted on a tripod account? Wired magazine uses Tripod for hosting their blogs? stinks of illegitimacy. Anyways, a buncha crap, I still don't believe a word of it.

I've never been to this site however, so I suppose it could be legit - I'm just saying... I won't believe it till there's an actual performance review.

I don't think they even bothered stealing PearPC.  They just used a real mac and took screenshots, and photoshopped it on.  You never actually see a video of the OS inside the program because it doesn't exist.  This is one big scam to get people to test his video streaming java crap.  IMO he should have his balls cut off.

584729760[/snapback]

You do actually see the OS start up in the emulator in the installation demo video, which is no longer linked from their site. Go back to my post around the middle of page 16 of this thread to get a direct link to that video. The last thing you see is the "Starting OS X" screen (the blue one with the white box in the middle with the silver Apple logo, from the installation CD).

WTF is that, a wired blog, but hosted on a tripod account?  Wired magazine uses Tripod for hosting their blogs?  stinks of illegitimacy.  Anyways, a buncha crap, I still don't believe a word of it.

I've never been to this site however, so I suppose it could be legit - I'm just saying... I won't believe it till there's an actual performance review.

584730872[/snapback]

Its legit, the guy is the one who writes about apple for wired.

look at the dock.? see how some of the icons are magnified?? for a computer that wouldn't have quartz extreme, magnifying those icons would take a lot of cpu cycles, more than that one little spike in the usage history (it'd be wider).

584730643[/snapback]

Not if they were left that way for a moment after the mouse pointer was moved over it. The CPU would quickly drop back down. On my 7300 (which really isn't much faster than a decent P IV running PearPC, unfortunately), magnifying the icons on the Dock doesn't take much CPU at all, and it certainly doesn't have QE.

Somone really should take one for the neowin team and buy this :)

584730902[/snapback]

Several people have already offered, and tried, but you can't actually buy it yet.

Thank you for your interest in CherryOs!

Because of the overwhelming demand for this product, we have decided to take preorders for the CherryOS software. The information that you submitted will not be redistributed in any way, shape or form. It is purely being collected so that we may inform the interested parties when the trial is available. We highly value our customers, and we want to make everyone feel as confident in our product as we do. As such, the CherryOS software will not be available until it has met our very high standards. We will release a beta version in the coming weeks so that everyone can get a taste of what to expect.

As soon as the beta version is available, we will send you an email notification with the download instructions.

Thank you very much!!

CherryOS Technical Staff

This is what happens when you try to order. Their site is inconsistant. I thought that the product was final not a beta.