Sony PSP

man...

the psps screen looks a tad too large, plus it sucks

and the ds is too fat and chunky and also has no good games

and the gameboy sp was a pointless thing to make

other than that apprently good review becuase i didnt read it

the only thing im interested in is what kind of keyboard is that? seriously! it looks funky!

and flat!

Nice photos and review...

You must have some serious cash to pony up for all those items :p

585155958[/snapback]

You too man! youve got a 2005FW :)

I guess u r still saving for a next gen GFX card too...u have the same one as me, and theyre still pretty awesome

man...

the only thing im interested in is what kind of keyboard is that? seriously! it looks funky!

and flat!

585156067[/snapback]

Your an idiot :pinch:

Now I am dying to preorder one, lol. As usual an awesome review. I bought my dinovo the day after reading your review for it, and my brother a 2001fp for christmas in large part due to your review of it, lol.

that Amazon link is SO FUNNY! I COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING AT THE REVIEWS!!!!

Dazzla, as always your pics are great, more pics, even though they are repetitive, people always want MORE PICS!

======

Edit: Amazon seem to have removed the reviews just a moment ago, so I thought I'd post a few of the reviews of the AMAZING NO PSP FOR THE HOLIDAYS!

Schull said:

"No PSP for the Holidays" is truly one of the all-time greatest gifts one can give for the holidays. I saved for fifteen months and bought 20 copies for my friends and family and let me tell you, NOTHING can match the mirth and joy of their pointing and laughing at me when I tell them how much I paid and for what. I bought one of these for my wife, and the next evening, she was on a plane to Venezuala.... with my kids. Truly they were touched and would like to share the wonderful blessings of IDC's "No PSP" with those of other nationalities.

Not only does this document contain a mysterious message (*** SPOILER AHEAD *** I think it has something to do with No PSPs for the Holidays) but it's new everytime I read it. It's so deep and dimensional, that I predict they will write many commentaries and Baron's / Cliff's notes for IDC's masterpiece - it's the gift that keeps on giving! Truly one of the most amazing products to grace Amazon. Buy it today!

Cuthburt said:

All my children have been asking Santa for is the true story of "No PSP for the Holidays", so I decided that Christmas should come early this year. The $750 price tag was a bit more than my gift budget, but giving up on buying any other presents, a Christmas tree, decorations, Christmas dinner, and any new clothes the kids may need in the next two years was worth it. My feeble-minded, and blind from birth, son, Hortimer, was entralled with this heart warming tale of the Sony Delay of the PSP launch in North America from the first word - of course a gum wrapper can keep him busy for weeks, so maybe this isn't saying much. By the end of the full page of story his IQ had dropped from 56 points down to 12, reducing him to a drooling invalid, but we think he can finally see! Thank you for making "No PSP for the Holidays" available at such a difficult time in our lives, and for giving my sweet Hortimer the precious gift of sight.

Les said:

I couldn't believe how much I could identify with the people at Sony in this document. I ALWAYS want to delay things around Christmas! It was like they wrote this just for me. The brilliance of this document is how it shows you in a subtle way why you should seize the day. It made me understand things about life that I had forgotten.

I am weeping as I type this. This PDF has changed my life!! But that's not all. This was the most entertaining thing I've read in years. It mixes the techno-thriller aspect of a Michael Chricton novel with the fun of Dr. Suess, and the moving human elemant of, let's say, something on the Oprah Book Club.

I'll never forget this, Playstation, or whoever posted this PDF for sale at a meger 750 dollars. I don't need to go to the dentist again for awhile, anyway. This was worth my money!!

Calabarel said:

debated for a long time whether I should let myself buy this special something. It was a long-desired treat, and I wasn't sure I deserved it this year, what with that "boating accident" where we lost Grandma. But I felt the Lord's hand reach down and move me toward that one-click order. I held my breath, and as the download progressed, I felt a surge of energy like filling me. I began to read this incredible text, and with every word, I could tell my perception was getting sharper and clearer. At first, I just saw beyond the computer screen, but then walls became transparent. I could see small insects a mile away, and I understood, finally, that we are all in one great circle, that one launch delayed means another launch begun. I know now that this great work has launched me to a state of consciousness I would have never known without it. So many blessings!

Kei (me) said:

"No PSP for the Holidays" is a title that makes you stop and think. The symbolism, the ingenious choice of words, and the 'simple complexity' only pull you in deeper.

As I sat in front of Amazon.com, a quality website which I trust would never allow a soul to be scammed, I paused for a few moments before deciding to spend the money I had saved up for a trip to Japan and a REAL PSP! I know, I know, but tell me, who would buy a real PSP when they could have NO PSP FOR THE HOLIDAYS? The author of the PDF leaves you in suspense even though the title already gives away the ending.

If anything, 750 dollars in NOTHING in comparison to the almighty PDF in all its glory.

Do something spontaneous today, buy No PSP for the Holidays.

Sorry but I just had to share this! I'm going to bust a gut! (just in case the reviews are gone forever)

Edited by amnesia_kei

Nice little hype review, but why did you need to compare PSP against the DS?

Do all product reviews at neowin.net compare against all competitor products?

585157313[/snapback]

Isn't that what a review should do? When you shop for a car, you compare it against other cars. When you buy a house, you look at more than one place.

Awesome review Dazzla.

Isn't that what a review should do? When you shop for a car, you compare it against other cars. When you buy a house, you look at more than one place.

Awesome review Dazzla.

585157337[/snapback]

I didn't see the N-gage, gizmondo, GBA in the review, it was quite selective on what it was comparing against.

Reviews are mostly giving you a feel what the product is about, what it can do, what are it's faults...

A shootout is a comparative review, the title says Sony PSP, not Sony PSP vs Nintendo DS.

I didn't see the N-gage, gizmondo, GBA in the review, it was quite selective on what it was comparing against.

Reviews are mostly giving you a feel what the product is about, what it can do, what are it's faults...

A shootout is a comparative review, the title says Sony PSP, not Sony PSP vs Nintendo DS.

585157372[/snapback]

Oi vey. He wouldn't compare it to the GBA or N-gage since neither is a competitor, in the same bracket, to the PSP. The DS and PSP are dueling consoles and, thus, Dazzla decided to use the DS as a basis for some very simple observations regarding the size of the unit, the screen, and some OS basics. Just because the PSP comes off looking better to some of us, doesn't mean you need to get all worried.

finally dazzlas review of his stupid useless crap psp that im soo jealous of. nice pics and provides just the information im hoping for. cant wait till its worldwide release and price drops gahahaahaah dang another 3 months.

Oi vey. He wouldn't compare it to the GBA or N-gage since neither is a competitor, in the same bracket, to the PSP. The DS and PSP are dueling consoles and, thus, Dazzla decided to use the DS as a basis for some very simple observations regarding the size of the unit, the screen, and some OS basics. Just because the PSP comes off looking better to some of us, doesn't mean you need to get all worried.

585157413[/snapback]

You are not dazzla so I will wait for his response to the issue I raise.

manic, you want to give your opinions but you dont want to listen to other people's.

If I were Dazzla I'd just say "It's my life, my review, I can do what I want" just to **** you off.

manic, you want to give your opinions but you dont want to listen to other people's.

If I were Dazzla I'd just say "It's my life, my review, I can do what I want" just to **** you off.

585157476[/snapback]

Yet if I said that to a moderator, i would probably get banned. So I am a lesser person in this situation. Not to mention, if someone had posted as much pictures as dazzla has on PSP in several threads, they would be acused of spamming. So there are double standards working here. Anyways, i do not wish to drive this thread out of topic, so let's please stop bickering about this. This will be my last reply on this issue, anyone who want's to continue it may PM me. Thanks.

Nice review :) I'll definitely consider getting it....depending on the price of course....If the price ends up to be $500 then I'll be having second thoughts...

Thanks for the link Blax & Amensia_Kei...I couldn't stop laughing either.... :D I wonder if that was all written by one person, or many?

good ol dazzla and his incredibly random and often confusing screenshots!! great review though

585155675[/snapback]

Hey, it's almost a trademark now :D gotta have the confusing photos pointing at an obscure part from a weird angle :rofl:

dazzla, what camera did you use to take the pix?

585155835[/snapback]

Panasonic FZ20

man...

and flat!

585156067[/snapback]

I'll just echo what was said about you up there :rolleyes:

Now I am dying to preorder one, lol.  As usual an awesome review.  I bought my dinovo the day after reading your review for it, and my brother a 2001fp for christmas in large part due to your review of it, lol.

585156448[/snapback]

I should get commission :D

585157313[/snapback]

The whole point of a review is to include a little light comparison to competitor products.

585157372[/snapback]

The N-Gage (dead), Gizmondo (Dead before it's started) and the GBA (last gen) aren't competitors. This isn't a shootout, this is a review on the PSP with barely a sniff of a comparison against the DS. Whether Nintendo likes it or not the DS is going head to head with the PSP.

Fair enough :)

But you never did a nintendo DS, only an impression. Maybe I should do it. Nevertheless, good review... Explained all aspects on the PSP.