Sony PSP

Easily sorted...

I'll pay P&P and you bubble wrap the PSP as good as you can. I'll then test the wifi capabilities on my wireless router and report back to the good people of neowin on my findings,

Then after a day or two of testing you will recieve your PSP back in bubble wrap in the exact same condition with fresh battery, charged and i'll even clean the screen for you.

I look forward to your PM  :woot:

585217724[/snapback]

yeah like that's going to happen :laugh:

Dazzle....are you watching Naruto on that?!?!....:laugh:....that was a good eposode BTW!!...:laugh:....

you know...I was never too hot on the PSP...but now....I think I just might ask my Aunt to sent me one...:laugh:

If indeed it's wet, windy wales then sometime in March. Game have started taking peoples names for an initial preorder list, similar to what they did with the PS2.

585217543[/snapback]

Unfortunaly thats not gonna get you a machine, all they do with that list is call you when they start taking deposits. Only when you put down a deposit with them, then you will have a machine on order.

Unfortunaly thats not gonna get you a machine, all they do with that list is call you when they start taking deposits. Only when you put down a deposit with them, then you will have a machine on order.

585225048[/snapback]

That's why I said "similar to the PS2", I had to put my name down on an initial list at which point they contacted me telling me to come in and preorder. At which point there was absolutely tonnes of people queing up to preorder. But at least you get some warning.

I already tested mine with my wireless router what do you need to know about it?

585224978[/snapback]

Everything. Starting from your feelings 'bout playing online, through information about battery life, to ... ermm I don't know. Look at Dazzla's review and write yours ;)

are there any more movies or screenies of games being played. Ive seen a few shots in the uk and cant work out if it looks more like ps1, ps2 or a hybrid of the 2 systems together.

It looks like a PS2 game, just slightly less detail in the backgrounds, because of lower memory on the PSP.

But it's by far the best portable handheld gaming device on the market graphics wise. :yes:

Nice review. I'll be getting my media player for the GBA and testing it out on my DS. Hopefully I'll be getting a review up on my site soon. But I want one of those now! :(

Heh, I make quite a bit of moolah myself but I'm saving up right now for school and a car. I don't think I can support two handheld consoles now :unsure:

Cheers!

Well there is no online play at the moment, the PSP connects to my wireless router easily though and the firmware update option in the menu connects to Sony of Japan but quickly lets you know you are running the latest OS. I have played Ridge Racers with a buddy of mine in the same room on his PSP and we get roughly about 2 hours of play from a fully charged battery with the WIFI switch on.

That's why I said "similar to the PS2", I had to put my name down on an initial list at which point they contacted me telling me to come in and preorder. At which point there was absolutely tonnes of people queing up to preorder. But at least you get some warning.

585227888[/snapback]

Yeah, was just saying in a little more detail just incase someone who read this and didnt pre-order a ps2 knows what when on .. god that was a incrediably anal pre-order campaign. Still remember getting people to fill out forms at 6am.

Im still debating a jap machine but me funds are not on my side atm, just bough new mobo !

you have eight things i want :p

dell lcd monitor

logitech speakers

sony psp

cell phone

ipod

nintendo ds

logitech keyboard, wireless mouse

gameboy advance sp (i don't really want it anymore)

edit:

There's a long time before i get to 22 and get this stuff ^ or even better and cooler stuff by then, a really long time

Edited by WinXPro

http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1507

It appears Sony is using a cheaper Samsung LCD screen in the newer PSP's. The original "launch shipment" had a Sharp screen.

Sharp: sharp ;), vivid colors and a good viewing angle

Samsung: blueish worse colors and a bad viewing angle

Kinda sucks...

585251185[/snapback]

Not for the idiots who bought one at launch like me :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Not for the idiots who bought one at launch like me  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

585251335[/snapback]

rich boy.

dell lcd monitor

logitech speakers

sony psp

cell phone

ipod

nintendo ds

logitech keyboard, wireless mouse

gameboy advance sp (i don't really want it anymore)

585251236[/snapback]

kinda got

got

ordered

havent got

got

got

got

got

:whistle: :woot:

Hmm, according to Bloomberg, both Sharp and Samsung received orders for the LCD screens.

Maybe Samsung for the Chinese / Korean market, whilst Sharp continues for the Japanese. :wacko: