Sony PSP

couture

Okay, well you just sealed the deal for me. I will be purchasing one the day of it's release in the U.S :woot:

Firedude328

Out of curiousity,

1. I see you've encoded an episode of Naruto, would you care to tell of the

size of the file

sound bitrate

Resolution

and all the other stuff

Im curious seeing how you said you had more media on your 512 MB card to beat your battery life.

Dazzla

Naruto:

23:04

2-Pass QB4

64Kbps Stereo

320*240

103MB

It didn't compress particulary well, considering that I got a 42 minute episode of Stargate down to that size with the same settings.

jerry

Always had my money on the PSP over DS and in the end I was right :cool: The defects issue has been blown way out of proportion. (thanks to Nintendo)

Alpha2004

pre order or you will be sorry!

post-63991-1104193956_thumb.jpg

Andrew Lyle

damn dude, you must have tuns of money. got nintendo DS, PSP, Dell ultra sharp widescreen, iPod, and a bunch more..

im just like a little kid, i just look at the pictures! but i actually read some of what you wrote (Y)(Y) very nice!

but i dont see why i need to play games on the go :p so ill stick with my xbox

LCPLSkyeHack

can i preorder on ebgames.com and if not when will they be accepting preorders?

CJC

Wow Dazzla, great review, an enjoyable read and amazing pics. I can't wait for the U.S. release!

Monkeh

Thanks for the great review :happy:

Could you spare some $$$? I wanna buy one too :( :cry:

+warwagon

Probobly has other means of income :blink:

Dazzla

Or I could just be someone who works my ass off all week, earns their wages, pays their taxes then spends their money on some toys every now and again :blink:

KeR
Or I could just be someone who works my ass off all week, earns their wages, pays their taxes then spends their money on some toys every now and again :blink:

585183517[/snapback]

or you could just be rich :cool:

ck2k01

ya dazzla has some cool toys, but not enough for me to be dazzled at what he must do for a living. im with you daz, i work my ass off all week, and then spend whats left on gadgets and such. incredible that no one has been able to grasp that concept yet :D

hulibecker

If i didnt have the mortgage, car loan n other bills to pay, then I'd b collecting such gadgets too! LOL :pinch:

Fantastic review though, gr8 pics, gr8 vid's.

I think you just got Sony another customer when that comes out in the gud ole UK.

Whilst im ere, Happy New Year to you all! :D

stunna1

Hey, he works all week, he isnt mary, he lives alone ( right? ), hey he buys what he likes!

Others spend their money on cars, sports things, women spend their money on DAMN expensive bags and shoes, ect.

-=NeoDoug1=-
Dazzla, how old are you?

585171443[/snapback]

585171829[/snapback]

Damn! Now I feel really old - I'm 29, and most of my money goes on my wife, our mortgage, my wife, our up-coming baby, bills, my wife, DVDs, my computer and my wife! :devil:

Hmm... What do I need more - a cot for the baby, or a PSP...?! That's a tough call! (but don't tell my wife I said that!)

(N)

:( <- She's got me under her thumb!

..Vector..

You could always build a cot out of some wood hehehe :rofl:

HilariousNinja

Wow great review! Alot of detail in there..... must-get-PSP......

vincent

585183517[/snapback]

PReach on brotha, Preach on Wonderful Review btw youve convinced me i NEED to buy this like frodo needs to destroy the Ring.

shaun05

the psp value pack is gonna cost $439.00~?227.72 (for those who live in the uk) the psp non value pack is gonna cost $379~?196 acording to lik-sang

Guest Smithee
Why not waste cash on this type of stuff? I won't be able to do it in the near future.

585171077[/snapback]

What's happening in the near future? You're not getting hitched are ya? (I know this is kinda intruding on your private life but everyone else seems to do it :D ).

Anyway, great review.

Just one question: There's been all this talk about how you can't encode your own home brew video at the full res of the psp screen. Therefore you have to change the screen settings to "Full Screen" to watch it properly. does the PSP remember this setting when you power down/ remove the battery etc... or will I have to reset the screen mode every time I want to watch a video?

Hope that made sense :whistle: !

Oh, and another question :unsure: :

You didn't really mention the wifi features of the PSP. Does the unit appear as just another wifi enabled device, and functions the same as when connected via USB? In other words, will I be able to effectivaley drag and drop stuff over the network onto the PSP? Some websites seem to be unclear on this.

Edited by Smithee
w00t

wow, that's a lot of stuff Dazzla has - I hope when I'm his age I can spend it on toys, live with my parents and not have any responsibilities :D