why are people hating the shuffle and mini?

ph3412t3h13

just wondering why alot of people are complaining about the ipod shuffle and mac mini

ipod shuffle: finally, a USB mp3 player, if i had known that this was coming i wouldve bought it instead of my ipod mini

mac mini: cheapest mac ever, good solid power, u get to pick your own stuff (keyboard, screen, mouse, and speakers)

WAHTS WRONG WITH PEOPLE

rkv

'cos flash players r better than 'em. they advertise that they can be used in the gyms etc but they CAN'T so i dont see the point in buyin 'em when i can get a 20gig ipod fer the same or 100$ more price.

DjmUK

I totally agree, then again - you can't please everyone.

iPod Shuffle

I myself don't like the iPod Shuffle (flash memory is still low in capacity), and I also don't like the idea of no screen. Not everyone realises that the iPod Shuffle uses Flash Memory as opposed to the iPod/iPod Mini which uses a HDD. DIFFERENT TECHNOLOGY!

Mac Mini

PERFECT! For a switcher like myself. I've been waiting for a new Mac that is powerful and yet cheap. The design is soooo small, and I really admire the work gone into creating this little baby. Obviously it's not as powerful as an iMac or any G5 system, but it's not desgined for the hardcore Mac users - it's primarily desgined for switchers. A low priced decent machine (very small and pretty).

Oh, I'm a WinXP user btw - but with this new Mac Mini, I'm definately switching Q1 2005 (after I've paid off a couple of debts etc.)

DjmUK
'cos flash players r better than 'em. they advertise that they can be used in the gyms etc but they CAN'T so i dont see the point in buyin 'em when i can get a 20gig ipod fer the same or 100$ more price.

585298110[/snapback]

Right, so going to the gym is something that cannot be done with the iPod Shuffle..? of course you can go to the gym (it doesn't stop you). I'd prefer to use a Flash Player in the gym as opposed to a HDD version <-- because HDD's are easily damaged due to the moving parts. Just get an armstrap or something to keep it from swinging around on the chain.

Rudy
just wondering why alot of people are complaining about the ipod shuffle and mac mini

ipod shuffle: finally, a USB mp3 player, if i had known that this was coming i wouldve bought it instead of my ipod mini

mac mini: cheapest mac ever, good solid power, u get to pick your own stuff (keyboard, screen, mouse, and speakers)

WAHTS WRONG WITH PEOPLE

585298081[/snapback]

well for the ipod shuffle all i have ti say is FINALLY......

as for the mac mini....well i guess its good for someone who wants to try a mac, its not quite powerfull enough for me though, it should use a g5 instead of a g4

ph3412t3h13
it should use a g5 instead of a g4

585298135[/snapback]

ya but just think of the cooling

Keldyn

I think this just goes to show that not all of Steve Job's table scraps are golden.

There are better alternatives out there worth your dollars.

Doli

some people will like, some will not. thats life! and about flash players....you can take them to the gym why the hell would you say you cant..stinking thinking

insanekiwi

ipodshuffe is overrated, it doesnt even have a lcd screen nor a hdd.

Doli
ipodshuffe is overrated, it doesnt even have a lcd screen nor a hdd.

585298267[/snapback]

a flash player that doesnt have a hard drive.......duh!!!

man i think people are posting stuff just to post...no thought at all in the post

Freakz

585298081[/snapback]

errrr what do you mean finally? its not like a flashed bashed USB mp3 player is a new concept.. im willing to bet my left testicle that you could find others that are cheaper, have more capacity and have a screen...

im an apple fanboy all the way.. but really, all the shuffle is.. is the same old poop with a different smell

giga

Anyone have any $100 512mb flash players? :unsure:

DannyGlass

Ipod Shuffle is just a bad imitation of all the current MP3 players available at the current time and it seems a bit late to release it now.

-DannyGlass

Nexus-
I think this just goes to show that not all of Steve Job's table scraps are golden.

There are better alternatives out there worth your dollars.

585298230[/snapback]

agreed and the ipod shuffle is peanuts compaired to the creative player (usb thumbdrive/mp3 player/fm radio/voice recorder) :cool:

Tiger.Girl

The only fault I see with iPod shuffle is you cant use it with burtons iPod jacket

kyro

ipod - shuffle = v v v bad option. open ur eyes .. there are nice options around

mac - mini = there is no contender for this. its a fantastic choice if u want a taste of mac os x .. run some graphic design app or code for mac os. people buying this shud have normal usage and operation demand will totally get satisfied. people who have more than normal and huge demand shudnt be buying a entry level option in first place.

i hate ipod-shuffle . i like mac mini . i have 2 pcs ( athlon and intel p4 pentium) a ibm laptop and never owned a mac. so i am getting mac - mini to taste the waters and mayb it will also satisfy all my needs too :).

mah 2 paises

+chorpeac

The Shuffle's biggest complaint so far is the lack of a screen. I'm still hopefully they will have an addon to attach an external screen of like 2 lines or so.

sambrentnall

i dont like the shuffel but only because its like a usb drive and i got my work to buy one for me. as for the mac mini i think its grate iv always wanted to try OSX but never had the money needed to do it so me thinks wen i next get paid i will be getting one of these :D

Max

There is absolutely nothing wrong wth the iPod Shuffle. It does the job it was designed to do.

Just because everyone else has a 20GB iPod with 3000 songs on doesn't mean to say that people cannot afford it and have that many songs. The iPod shuffle fixes this perfectly.

rstroud
errrr what do you mean finally? its not like a flashed bashed USB mp3 player is a new concept.. im willing to bet my left testicle that you could find others that are cheaper, have more capacity and have a screen...

im an apple fanboy all the way.. but really, all the shuffle is.. is the same old poop with a different smell

585298433[/snapback]

Pay up buddy...they may have a screen but larger capacity and being cheaper are two areas flash based mp3 players can't compete. I was at Target last night looking at flash based mp3 players and they're oversized, and they cost in the range of 69-120 bucks for 256mb versions. Sure you can get a no name player for cheap, but for the price point, 512mb isn't bad...

blachole

Sometimes people cannot be happy with whatever a company offers. People need to realize that what the see is what they get. If you don't like it then dont buy it but there are still thousands of people out there that would be willing to but the product so I donno. I like both the mini mac and the ipod shuffle, but I already have an 4th gen iPod, but the mini mac interests me.

TheDreamX

Why do I hate the iPod Shuffle and Mac Mini?

Because Apple has always been about expensive, quality computers/accessories. They are like the elite of computers, in my mind. Don't get me wrong, I love the concept behind the new products: cheaper/smaller makes them more affordable to others.

But think of the long run. If everyone has a Mac, they will turn in to the PC world. More and more viruses will appear on the Mac platform, cheaper, lesser grade hardware will show up in stores, and that's just the beginning.

mojomonkee

at first, i thought the shuffle was sort of lame and overrated. then i realized that it's priced very competitively for its market and still looks pretty nice.

blachole
at first, i thought the shuffle was sort of lame and overrated.  then i realized that it's priced very competitively for its market and still looks pretty nice.

585298753[/snapback]

I agree. It gives they people who cant afford an iPod or want to give their younger kinds something they can use easily and dont have to worry if it break since it doesnt cost as much as a reg iPod.

Powerless

If you look at offerings in this market they are all the same sort of design arn't they not? A little finger sized flash device with a screen, buttons thrown on top etc?

So Apple try and better it by going back to basics, flash device must have navigation buttons and voila...simple.

They've hit the nail on the head as far as i'm concerned.