why are people hating the shuffle and mini?

leedogg    15
Shuffle with a screen, huh?? I think they have a name for that:? The iPod.

585347399[/snapback]

You need to educate yourself on the differences between an iPod and a shuffle.

Look what I found: a shuffle with almost as much memory but it has an LCD and currently goes for HALF the price:

55-603-502-03.JPG

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc....603-502&DEPA=10

I rest my case.

Edited by leedogg
macman87    0
Its a step backwards cause any dumbass company out there can remove their lcd if they wanted to, add a little more memory and voila: a shuffle. adds weight?? give me a break, maybe half an ounce.  Add bucks yes.  Innovative my ass, it removes & reduces functionality.  Innovation would be creating a shuffle WITH a screen, that is just as elegant, unobtrusive, and sold for the same price.  Now THAT would be a worthy feat.  The shuffle is currently nothing but a pretty, glorified usb drive.

585347385[/snapback]

And what do you get - a player thats the same as every single one out of a zillion on the market.

And it goes back to the point - why do you need a screen? The iPod shuffle with iTunes chooses for you. Its simple. A player that holds 240 songs doesn't need to be more complicated than that.

macman87    0
Look what I found:? a shuffle with almost as much memory but it has an LCD and currently goes for HALF the price

I rest my case.

585347430[/snapback]

Almost means half to you?

I have to ask you, what do you want a screen for?

SaLiVa    3
And what do you get - a player thats the same as every single one out of a zillion on the market.

And it goes back to the point - why do you need a screen? The iPod shuffle with iTunes chooses for you. Its simple. A player that holds 240 songs doesn't need to be more complicated than that.

585347482[/snapback]

You got a Creative Muvo TX, and you'll see why Apple is a step backwards. With screen and radio, S$179. How much is the Apple shuffle going for again? S$179, but without a screen nor radio and much bulkier, and doesnt sound as good. Not only that but Creatives is a pen drive/mp3 player hybrid. Its overpriced and theirs absolutely nothing innovative about the Shuffle. I could shuffle songs with personality!

leedogg    15

585347482[/snapback]

So if there were 2 identical shuffles side by side, with the ONLY difference being one had an lcd screen, you would choose the one without the screen "because the iTunes chooses for you and its simple"? give me a break. I dont think i believed in blind apple fanboyism until now. apple could probably make the shuffle look like a lump of sh*t, call it iSh*t and you guys would still love it/defend it to the death.

SaLiVa    3

585347495[/snapback]

To see what song you're playing? I think you're going way out of line here.

leedogg    15

585347495[/snapback]

so buy TWO..and you dont think they could probably make a 512 model??? You are completely ignoring the fact that this is easy to do, and in fact has already been done.

I want a screen to be able to navigate to the song I want, control an equalizer, wtf...all the things you use a screen for on any mp3 player. What kinda dumb question is that?

macman87    0

It holds 240 Songs! Its not suppose to be a full blown MP3 player. Its suppose to be a simple, affordable MP3 player for people out jogging, at the gym, going home from work. It obviously isn't you cause you want to adjust you equalizer, change the songs 240 times and constantly check what song is being player. The shuffle just works.

And - how competitive would Apple be when they did release just another 128 MB MP3 player (to add to the zillion out there) with radio, and whatever they add these days, and sell it for the same price? (I wouldn't buy it personally)

Look at it from business point of view - what would you do. It would be like Apple creating a computer for people to install Windows on it. Sure its gonna make some people happy, but what's the point?

And... I don't think every product Apple makes is inspiring. I don't particularly like the eMac. I agree with the millions of PC users that QT sucks on the PC. I'd love a PMC, to make a point.

SaLiVa    3
It holds 240 Songs! Its not suppose to be a full blown MP3 player. Its suppose to be a simple, affordable MP3 player for people out jogging, at the gym, going home from work. It obviously isn't you cause you want to adjust you equalizer, change the songs 240 times and constantly check what song is being player. The shuffle just works.

And - how competitive would Apple be when they did release just another 128 MB MP3 player (to add to the zillion out there) with radio, and whatever they add these days, and sell it for the same price?

Look at it from business point of view - what would you do. Its would be like Apple creating a computer for people to install Windows on it. Sure its gonna make some people happy, but what's the point?

585347534[/snapback]

Looking from a business point of view - Functionality comes first. And Apple doesnt have that. I'll be losing money. But I guess thats what Apple's famous for. Its a minimalist approach, but I've seen a 512MB Panasonic mp3 player thats as small as a coin. Now thats a Wow factor and I wouldnt mind spending a given amount of money on it to show off to my friends. But with Apple, you're buying a lolly pop with nothing to show your songs. Now that just plain sucks. I mean cheaper S$70 Pen Drive/mp3 Players (128MB) have a screen! Its an accepted standard, and Apple is trying to change things by making the Shuffle the greatest thing since the LCD? Psscchhh!

I have an iPod Mini, it works perfectly for me. Im happy with what I have except for the short battery life. Other than that this thing serves its purpose. Expensive, but it has style. Looking at the Shuffle, I'd never buy one as functionality simply beats minimalism when in the Low-End Market.

Just needed to add this: Affordable it is not!

leedogg    15

And - how competitive would Apple be when they did release just another 128 MB MP3 player (to add to the zillion out there) with radio, and whatever they add these days, and sell it for the same price? (I wouldn't buy it personally)

Look at it from business point of view - what would you do. It would be like Apple creating a computer for people to install Windows on it. Sure its gonna make some people happy, but what's the point?

And... I don't think every product Apple makes is inspiring. I don't particularly like the eMac. I agree with the millions of PC users that QT sucks on the PC. I'd love a PMC, to make a point.

585347534[/snapback]

I have an iriver where a simple mode setting to randomly shuffle and play songs lets me do the SAME damn thing. Dont give me that crap. Its already like every mp3 player out there. Just worse.

Apple is selling a catchy idea/gimmick and you're buying it hook line and sinker.

macman87    0
I have an iriver where a simple mode setting to randomly shuffle and play songs lets me do the SAME damn thing.  Dont give me that crap. Its already like every mp3 player out there.  Just worse.

Apple is selling a catchy idea/gimmick and you're buying it hook line and sinker.

585347594[/snapback]

I guess the iPod is just another MP3 player out there. 'Just worse'. Or it could be rephrased - 'Just much more simpler and easier'. ;)

golazo    0

the only good thing about having a shuffle is being able to tell ppl that you have a ipod lol

leedogg    15
I guess the iPod is just another MP3 player out there. 'Just worse'. Or it could be rephrased - 'Just much more simpler and easier'. ;)

585348125[/snapback]

I guess thats one way of putting it, and there are truly idiots out there who probably need such simplification...its going to be ridiculous finding a particular song you want to listen to on the 1gig version though... I'm going to refer to the shuffle as the iDumb. :yes:

Southern Patriot    974
adds weight?? give me a break, maybe half an ounce. 

585347385[/snapback]

Half an ounce is quite a bit when you consider that the shuffle only weighs .7 ounces in the first place.

QuarterSwede    0
I have an iriver where a simple mode setting to randomly shuffle and play songs lets me do the SAME damn thing.  Dont give me that crap. Its already like every mp3 player out there.  Just worse.

585347594[/snapback]

... and you don't thing the fact that it's smaller, weighs less and is cheaper has nothing to do with why people are buying it and/or like it?

ph3412t3h13    0
Half an ounce is quite a bit when you consider that the shuffle only weighs .7 ounces in the first place.

585348997[/snapback]

so are you saying u cant carry something that weighs 1.2 ounces?

man... thats just sad

Brandon Live    232
the only good thing about having a shuffle is being able to tell ppl that you have a ipod lol

585348144[/snapback]

Actually, I have to disagree.

I'm no fan of the iPod - because of its price and severely limited functionality. Though I do think the design itself is superb, there are now better options with equally impressive designs and better functionality, at better price points.

The iPod Shuffle, on the other hand, is cheap! It's still crippled because of the ridiculous limitations Apple puts on their devices (iTunes lock-in, transfer from only one computer, unable to play music files transferred without iTunes, etc.).

So I still wouldn't buy one. But I could understand why someone who uses iTunes and stricly MP3/AAC would.

leedogg    15

585348997[/snapback]

You're kidding me? Replace white useless plastic with functional LCD plastic. Weight is the DUMBEST excuse for not having an lcd on it, dont make apple look stupid and incompetent.

leedogg    15
... and you don't thing the fact that it's smaller, weighs less and is cheaper has nothing to do with why people are buying it and/or like it?

585349337[/snapback]

I think they arent attracting a FRACTION of the people they could have if they had simply put a stupid lcd on it. Well, me for one.

Southern Patriot    974
You're kidding me?  Replace white useless plastic with functional LCD plastic. Weight is the DUMBEST excuse for not having an lcd on it, dont make apple look stupid and incompetent.

585349460[/snapback]

Hey, you were the one who suggested it would ADD half an ounce. There's quite a bit more than just some plastic to an LCD display. You are the one who is starting to look stupid and incompetent with your trolling behavior.

Goodbye, I will not respond anymore to you.

Elliott    235

Heh, it's funny you guys are arguing over this. Fact is, Apple got it right. The shuffle is selling like mad. They don't care what the techie minority thinks about the player (meaning Leedogg and other haters). They care about what the average public thinks.

Now, going into the design of the iPod shuffle, it does its job perfectly. It's not meant to have a screen, even to show song info. That would defeat the purpose of the iPod shuffle. When are you going to look down at your iPod shuffle to wonder what song you're playing while you're riding your bike or lifting weights? That's right, probably never.

leedogg    15
Heh, it's funny you guys are arguing over this. Fact is, Apple got it right. The shuffle is selling like mad. They don't care what the techie minority thinks about the player (meaning Leedogg and other haters). They care about what the average public thinks.

You mean techie minority like most of neowin? Its my right to be dissapointed in what could have been the perfect player. Why does there always have to be a 'but' with apple products? It would be perfect 'but' this or that...its rather frustrating.

Now, going into the design of the iPod shuffle, it does its job perfectly. It's not meant to have a screen, even to show song info. That would defeat the purpose of the iPod shuffle. When are you going to look down at your iPod shuffle to wonder what song you're playing while you're riding your bike or lifting weights? That's right, probably never.

585349546[/snapback]

Gee, perhaps because you cant?? If it had an lcd screen, I'm sure you would do so a little more often. :rolleyes: Like I said before, they should have simply removed all the controls. Make it completely random. plugging in headphones turns it on and makes it play, pulling them out turns it off. Put the volume on the headphones. Voila, the perfect glorified usb drive.

GameOverRob    132

I like both of them especially the mini mac and am tempted to buy both of them!

Vice    1,593
You're right, why did they even bother adding controls? Just set everything in itunes.  :rolleyes:

and since when do screens make them so damn complex anyway?

Apple is known for its innovation and engineering feats, of which the shuffle is neither.  As far as I'm concerned its a step backwards.

585346820[/snapback]

Why even have a headphone jack? lets all just hum our tunes.

xxdesmus    0
just wondering why alot of people are complaining about the ipod shuffle and mac mini

ipod shuffle: finally, a USB mp3 player, if i had known that this was coming i wouldve bought it instead of my ipod mini

mac mini: cheapest mac ever, good solid power, u get to pick your own stuff (keyboard, screen, mouse, and speakers)

WAHTS WRONG WITH PEOPLE

585298081[/snapback]

Well, the shuffle is just a stupid idea, 'nuff said ...i can't believe you actually bought a ipod mini, that's funny...

The mini is underpowered, over priced still, and not nearly as cheap as a equally as fast PC...you'll end up paying another 100-150 on all the parts "you get to pick" :rolleyes: :blink: