why are people hating the shuffle and mini?

Mac Mini

PERFECT! For a switcher like myself. I've been waiting for a new Mac that is powerful and yet cheap. The design is soooo small, and I really admire the work gone into creating this little baby. Obviously it's not as powerful as an iMac or any G5 system, but it's not desgined for the hardcore Mac users - it's primarily desgined for switchers. A low priced decent machine (very small and pretty).

Oh, I'm a WinXP user btw - but with this new Mac Mini, I'm definately switching Q1 2005 (after I've paid off a couple of debts etc.)

585298115[/snapback]

I totally agree. As soon as I get a few more checks from work, I'm getting a mini. I've wanted to switch for years, and now that there's a <$1k option for a pretty good Mac, I'm all for it. I already have all the extras, too. Monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, and MP3 player. I would love to just set this thing on my desk, and not have it hidden like my gigantic PC. I can't wait to get one!

But think of the long run. If everyone has a Mac, they will turn in to the PC world. More and more viruses will appear on the Mac platform, cheaper, lesser grade hardware will show up in stores, and that's just the beginning.

585298752[/snapback]

You're totally right about that fact that OS X will become a bigger platform to be targetted by virus writers.

But where are you getting the "cheaper, lesser grade hardware will show up in stores, and that's just the beginning" bit from? Apple still control the whole lot and they are not interested in opening it up for 3rd party clones.

The 4200rpm hdd, non-user upgradable ram (making 1gb very expensive), and awful gpu (even the 5200 go from the 12" powerbook would have atleast supported tiger) are the reasons why I don't like it. I do like most of apples other products though. But the mini and emac get the thumbs down from me. On another note, I actually like the shuffle and would buy one if I didn't already have a mini.

I don't think many people are hating the Mac Mini, infact I've heard nothing BUT good things about this.

The iPod Shuffle, I suppose Apple are trying to take the Flash market and their LCD-less player is most likely going to do the right job. No LCD means cheap price, which ALOT of people will look at before purchasing this product.

ipodshuffe is overrated, it doesnt even have a lcd screen nor a hdd.

585298267[/snapback]

you totally missed the point smart guy, the POINT is a MINIMAL and FLASH BASED mp3 player.

There is absolutely nothing wrong wth the iPod Shuffle. It does the job it was designed to do.

Just because everyone else has a 20GB iPod with 3000 songs on doesn't mean to say that people cannot afford it and have that many songs. The iPod shuffle fixes this perfectly.

585298581[/snapback]

I'm buying my iPod Shuffle 1gb thursday and nothing will stop me!!! LoL I read a couple reviews and they said the ear buds exceed that of the normal ipod buds.. maybe they are incorrect but... I like the shuffle.. Finally something I can afford. and I doubt I fill the gig up.. LoL..

Mac Mini = Very sexy, finally targeting people who dont want to spend loads on something that may not be compattible with files that they have from work, etc and just use as an entertainment machine. Great price, i think Apple is going to increase its market share quite dramatically with that offering.

iPod Shuffle = i wish it looked a bit more like this concept from iPod lounge, but its meant to be the smaller and cheaper version of the iPods anyway.

Anyone have any $100 512mb flash players? :unsure:

585298465[/snapback]

From a reputed company or brand name ? Dont think so. :whistle:

That is why everybody who managed to trash the iPod shuffle has avoided your question. I wouldnt blame them, cause they have nothing to back their whine up. :laugh:

ipod shuffle does not have nearly enough for what i would want to put on my mp3 player. to me, the point in having a player is to have all of my music on there, not the greatest hits.

mini mac doesnt seem like a bad idea but im a windows user so i wouldnt know

Both products are aimed specifically at a market - and with that I'd say Apple hit a home run on delivering to each specific market. Sure alot of people are complaining that the Shuffle does not have a screen, but the people who Apple is aiming with the Shuffle don't need a screen. As far as they see it, the Shuffle is not for holding all your music anyway.

i really dislike the ipod shuffle but like the mac mini

ipod shuffle is so stupid, its made for people who like the shuffle feature correct? ipods have the shuffle feature

smaller? they both fit in my pocket

I got a flash mp3 player 512mb on ebay for $53. and it has a screen

ipod shuffle is 100 dollars and doesnt really let you choose music.

i saw 1gb sticks of flash sticks on new egg for $82, where the 512mb ipod shuffle is $100

and if it is geared towards people with small music libraries, they obviously arent really into music, and can make do with a cheaper no name mp3 player, like me

IPOD SHUFFLE: (N)

Pros:

iPod name

syncs with iTunes

Rechargable battery

Cons:

Expensive

No screen

Big

Lack of radio, voice recorder

IPOD MINI: (N)

Pros:

Scratch resisting Aluminum Body

Click wheel

Small as a stack of business cards

Cons:

Price too close to 20GB iPod's

IPOD: (Y)

Pros:

>=20GB storage

Amazing controls

Looks nice

Cons:

models higher than 20GB are big/heavy

Battery life is lower than competition's

Sound quality is lower than competition's

Not many accessories included.

iPod Shuffle is meant for people who want but can't afford iPods, or people who own iPod's but want something smaller for activities, and travel.

If you are looking for a good flash MP3 player, walk into your local Pacific-mall with $100 and walk out with something decent.

i really dislike the ipod shuffle but like the mac mini

ipod shuffle is so stupid, its made for people who like the shuffle feature correct? ipods have the shuffle feature

i saw 1gb sticks of flash sticks on new egg for $82, where the 512mb ipod shuffle is $100

and if it is geared towards people with small music libraries, they obviously arent really into music, and can make do with a cheaper no name mp3 player, like me

585313519[/snapback]

Stop thinking outloud and try to put your words into coherent sentences before rambing on about things you dont know about.

A)You can use an iPod shuffle without using the shuffle feature. You have to load playlists onto it using iTunes.

B)Its not geared towards people with small music collections. Jogging with an HD player is just not the best for it.

C)If you can make do with a no-name player, then stop whining and just dont buy it.

D)A 1gig flash stick does not play music last time I checked, and was deviod of a headphone jack or an OS for that matter.

Yeesh.

What I don't understand is this:

Say you buy a Mac Mini (1.42 Ghz/80GB) for $599.00. Sounds cheap right? Well, add to that an Apple keyboard and mouse (wired for + $58/wireless for + $99) and a 20-inch Cinema display (an additional $999), you're left with a base price of $1,656 - $1,697.

A bit expensive for what you'd get for that money, I think... :huh:

I think the Shuffle is cool, but there are better options out there. The Shuffle does look cool. I think the mini mac is really ugly and the eMac is a better value if you consider you need a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Not all people have computer parts laying around.

I have a very unenlightened view about the two products (and I don't care). I think both suck, because Apple made them. I am not trying to be a troll, but I think that there are others out there that would agree with me and my reasoning. :)

585313519[/snapback]

- The iPod shuffle is smaller.

- Saying they the iPod and the Shuffle fits in your pocket Mini and the PowerMac both fit on your desk.

- The Apple Store isn't eBay. :pinch: Compare the price to something new.

- The iPod shuffle isn't for you to decide which song to play. Hence, the "shuffle" in the name.

- Flash "sticks" (pen drives!) don't play music, don't come with earbuds, and don't have the iPod name.

Seriously don't people know what's cheap when they see it? Clearly the iPod shuffle is a steal if you don't need to decide which song to play.

I have a very unenlightened view about the two products (and I don't care). I think both suck, because Apple made them. I am not trying to be a troll, but I think that there are others out there that would agree with me and my reasoning. :)

585313636[/snapback]

Thats kinda like a Mac users saying "I am not going to buy Microsoft Office for the Mac because it sucks cause Microsoft made them". Does that sound ignorant to you?

What I don't understand is this:

Say you buy a Mac Mini (1.42 Ghz/80GB) for $599.00. Sounds cheap right? Well, add to that an Apple keyboard and mouse (wired for + $58/wireless for + $99) and a 20-inch Cinema display (an additional $999), you're left with a base price of $1,656 - $1,697.

A bit expensive for what you'd get for that money, I think... :huh:

585313605[/snapback]

Let buy only Mac Mini....because you got those I/O :D

585313636[/snapback]

You sir, win the unbased unintelligent troll of the day award. Congrats, idiot.