Turn ON or OFF

Do you guys leave your PC ON or OFF?  

445 members have voted

1. 1. Do you guys leave your PC ON or OFF?

• ON
    • OFF

Save the power, I've been turning mine on and of for years. I haven't

killed any component because of it yet. Save power , green house gases

global warming, all that sh*te stuff.

I turn mine off every night. Never know when/why the power might go out this time of year especially. Otherwise, I put it in standby during the day if I know I'm going to be getting back on it. No reason at all to be turning it completely on and off 5 or 6 times a day!!

Mine crashes too often to be left on constantly. I usually shut it down when it's not doing anything.

EDIT. As for getting to sleep. Random noise like heat and radio and crap don't bother me, but constant stuff like fans keep me up...must be a vibration thing. But once I'm asleep, that's it.

Edited by Outback2k1

I leave mine on. I shut it down only when I go out for the day for example shopping trip to Rockhampton. When ever I only go out for a few hours, I just turn off my monitor. And I restart when I am forced to by a particular program like Windows Update.

i used to always have my computer on for about 3 years straight but lately i seem to sleep better with my computer off. so for the past couple of weeks i have been turning my computer off if im not running any torrents.

My up time right now is 50 days, 5 hours, 56 minutes, and 28 seconds. ... Not really that impressive, i guess, but it answers the question!

I don't know, i didn't really try to make the bestest computer ever when i built this, so that might explain why i don't have any problems with the noise even though the computer is quite literally next to my head while i'm sleeping. I think it just has one processor fan and one case fan... and it probably doesn't need the case one. So it's quiet enough for me.

I do always make sure to turn the monitor off, though. It's set to go into power-save mode after 20 minutes of inactivity, and if i know i won't be using it for 20 minutes before-hand, i turn it off myself right away. I'm pretty sure the monitor wastes a lot more power than the tower, right? Plus i hardly ever use lights and i never watch television and i always turn off stuff after other people when i see them on, so i figure i've got a little bit of power to waste before i've got my full share in. <_<

It's on from like 6:00A.M before I go to school, and turned off about 11:00P.M. when I go to bed, online all day on Friday & Saturday..

I usually turn my pc off when going to bed or away fo rmore then 2 hours. I turn it off when i go tto bed caus eits loud :pinch: and hard to fall asleep to (although i would get used to it). I find that having apc on without it doing something, defragmenting, downloading is pointless, it just collects more dust and i figure the parts will wear out faster...Basicly when i have a rest , so does my rig :D, be it at sleep, school or some outing...talking about outing i am goin on some school camp fora few days, i will miss my rig :( and HL2 that i havent finished yet as i got it a few days ago...

i left mine on the other night, and i have to admit i slept really well, is this because of white noise or something? (im not all that smart so some1 fill me in) will definatly b doing that again + i got my daily downloading done :)