Another BitTorrent site goes bye-bye

So I went to lokitorrent and saw the MPAA message.  It made me feel like a criminal and I don't even download movies.

585448693[/snapback]

that is because you are a criminal....just go ahead and download their anti-pirate software and see how much of one you are!!!

:p j/k

you know, it sucks, but it was a good idea. get people hooked, ask for donations, and then bam, leave them in the dust with their 30k. he may be an ######, but hes a smart ######.

The illegal downloading of motion pictures robs thousands of honest, hard-working people of their livelihood, and stifles creativity.

What? No, it doesn't. The only hard-working people involved in movie making are paid hourly wages, before the movie is even released. In addition, if you can't be creative because some guy isn't paying for your movie, you're quite insecure.

nooooooooo :cry:

does that include mufftorrent.com? :ninja:

585448464[/snapback]

I will cull thousands of innocent children if anything happens to mufftorrent!! :ninja:

The only thing that bothers me about all this is that they flat-out lie about the situation. If I'm not mistaken wasn't last year a record setting year for movie ticket and DVD sales in the US? They always say that they are going to lose potential sales. Call me when you start losing "actual" sales. Then we will talk and I will feel bad for one of the most lucrative industries in the world.

Dude people like you and everyone talking about bittorrent needs to shut the **** up. Expecially you, oh yeah atleast "insert site address here" is still around. Good job retard, you just obviosly helped them out... The MPAA and the dirty ****tarts sueing.

585447850[/snapback]

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Its pretty well known by now. They even recently ran a huge article in our local newspaper about BT and mentioned The Pirate Bay (including a URL) and its responses to legal threats.

Its happening, what we need now is some british ones :p Cos ISP's cant give out ur information on what u have been downloading so therefore they can shut down as many sites as they want but not be able to get the people whom download the stuf :)

same thing here in canada... ISP's cant give out our infos... and better, in canada, MPAA cannot get information of anyone :)

i heard, in canada, we can download illegal stuff but we can SHARE it.. i dont know if it is true but i read it many time

585447827[/snapback]

Hmm... does it not seem odd that earlier today, after seeing that MPAA message on the main website, I was able to access the forums (http://forums.lokitorrent.com) and now, the forums have that same message?

Why would the MPAA, if it is truly them, take out the forums as well? Something doesn't seem right here...

Dont you guys ever think of the people who help make movies, not the big wigs but the little people under them?

585447918[/snapback]

do you think that people and MPAA think to me when im HARD working in a shop 40hour/week to get my 14$ (cad)/hours ????

so why i should take care of that people!

Its happening, what we need now is some british ones Cos ISP's cant give out ur information on what u have been downloading so therefore they can shut down as many sites as they want but not be able to get the people whom download the stuf smile.gif

same thing here in canada... ISP's cant give out our infos... and better, in canada, MPAA cannot get information of anyone smile.gif

i heard, in canada, we can download illegal stuff but we can SHARE it.. i dont know if it is true but i read it many time

Yeah, that IS true. I live in Montreal (Quebec) and I personally know a few people that got "warned" by their ISP (mostly Sympatico) about their activity.

In Canada, you can download MP3s and movies legally but you cannot upload.

Downloading is legal, but uploading/spreading is illegal. And even if you ARE uploading, the MPAA can't obtain any information from ISP's without going to court, which would be too much work for them. They have better things to do, like sue 13 year olds for downloading Britney Spears songs.

please read this post! do not skip passed, this one is IMPORTANT.

The MPAA's efforts to date have resulted in a 40 percent reduction in the number of servers that continue to operate. One such site that will no longer exist is LokiTorrent?one of the largest BitTorrent host servers. The operator of that site, Edward Webber, agreed to not only pay a substantial settlement with even greater financial penalties for any further such actions, but by Court Order must provide the MPAA with access to and copies of all logs and server data related to his illegal BitTorrent activities, which will provide a roadmap to others who have used LokiTorrent to engage in illegal activities.

does this means that lowkee sold us ALL OUT! he gave up logs and all information about DONATORS! and people who signed up and download! meaning were all in serious ****! how can somebody do this to US? why couldn't he just destroy all records of BT users, donators and other information, and call it quits? the ****** gave us all up! i wish i could ring his neck right now

source: isohunt.com

In my understanding, these people are just people whom donated money with Paypal (or mail), theres nothing wrong with that and I don't see how the MPAA would/be aloud to get that information because of confidential credit card numbers and names... it serves no perpouse whatsoever and would not be saved in Loki's logs.

But the credit card companies may have to give the information out becuase they are bound under certain legla duties to pass over information to another agency that asks for it to tackle fraud or criminal activities!