Another BitTorrent site goes bye-bye

God MPAA are such money hungry sluts.  Is it not enough that they make 500 million with every movie?  Greedy ******s want to take all of people's money.  People like that should be shot right at the point blank spot.  I mean come on, actors are earning lots of money and are overpaid for what they do, so I dont see why this is a big deal.  Actors earn 10-50 million per movie,  which is more than enough.  Same goes for the companies.

Greedy ******s.

585450747[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Yeah, you can steal whatever you want from the rich.

a very sad reply...boo hoo hoo why should i care about them cause they dont care about me..cry me a river, thats no reason to do it  (or a good reason ever)

come on stealing is stealing, from big wigs to small frys. Is it bad to DL programs, but ok for movies or any other media?, going into the store and taking it is stealing but DL'ing it is not? Dont say your helping to change the way for a bright future where prices are low, your no robin hood.

585450227[/snapback]

Going to the store and taking it is stealing because you are depriving that company of the product to sell and the profit from it. If I download something that I wouldn't have bought in the first place, it's not stealing. No one loses any product (it is a digital copy of said thing, no one is deprived of it because I downloaded it), and no one loses any money because I would not have payed for it anyway. Getting something for free isn't always stealing. I don't know why it's so hard for some people to understand that.

About loki, not surprising at all. Did anyone really think he was going to use that money for legal defense? The site wasn't all that good anyway, there are several others that are much better IMO.

It was so obvious that the donation money was just a clever trick by lowkee to get a load of free money.

I can't believe some people fell for it and actually donated.

585447728[/snapback]

That's what I would have done. Sorry, but his intentions were probably true. He had enough money if he was ever boned by the courts, that he could pay them off / or pay for bail. Just covering his own back.

I never used LokiTorrent my self, just mini and btefnet. But, yeah. Sad to see it goes, It will be interesting to see what happens this year regarding the BT network. I think it'll survive, if not. Expect suicides, of course. I'm joking.

God MPAA are such money hungry sluts.  Is it not enough that they make 500 million with every movie?  Greedy ******s want to take all of people's money.  People like that should be shot right at the point blank spot.  I mean come on, actors are earning lots of money and are overpaid for what they do, so I dont see why this is a big deal.  Actors earn 10-50 million per movie,  which is more than enough.  Same goes for the companies.

Greedy ******s.

585450747[/snapback]

Haha, it's so true. Stupid MPAA.

Sheesh, glad I don't download movies. Those server logs could really do alot of people in.

-People who donated they have your personal info instantly, although is that really lawsuit worthy alone?

-People with logins, I don't see them doing anything for that alone

-People who visited the site, who cares, nothing illegal there

-People who uploaded alot of movies are probably in the most danger.

-Do trackers have logs? That would show the IPs that leeched/seeded certain torrents etc?

I just can't imagine they're going to sue millions upon millions of people, probably just the worst offenders

The best advice to the average user of Loki who would d/l off THEIR trackers would be to lay low for a good long while. Dont d/l anything illegial this blows over and they go on to the next service.

Wow... the site gets shut down and people immediately start accusing the guy of stealing the money. Well, that might indeed turn out to be the case, BUT it is too soon to tell and you are all talking out your behinds - no-one knows yet.

I agree ... I was a moderator on Lokitorrent and personally don't give a crap about them getting my info .. I have nothing for them to take from me so ...

I believe that Lowkee has only closed the site down while he's fighting them in the trial , people are saying he took the money and ran , if that was the case then why is there even a trial? He's obviously paying for it. The only bad thing is that by having the site closed down it means that Lowkee can't make more money to pay for lawyers from donations and the MPAA probably already knows this.

I still satnd behind Lowkee and the site 110% and have done since day 1.

Screw the MPAA , they're just money grabbing ball suckers who can't possibly respect themselves as human beings.

UPDATE: They just shut down my favorite lil site, tv-swarm.com

I didnt really use Loki, but I did enjoy having the other site as my own personal PVR since I love watching Lost whenever I miss it on tv.

Checkout the below topic on exeem

exeem

1 user mentions that the masterminds behind lokitorrent are putting toghether a new descentralized bittorrent client. Well here's hoping!!

wait for "LoKeem" public preview, the new descentralized bittorrent client from the creators of LokiTorrent.com