Another BitTorrent site goes bye-bye

You missed my point. My point is that if it isn't something that I would have bought in the first place, a digital copy does not take money away from the CD actually being bought. It does not take money away from anyone, it does not take any product away from anyone, and no one loses anything. For it to be stealing, someone would have had to lose something from it. No one loses anything from it. Obviously it is not the most morally right thing to do, but it cannot be classified as stealing.

585460420[/snapback]

Your still off, a digital copy does take away from the actual CD from being bought and takes money away from the people who programed the software/help make the movie/ help produce the album. Why would you think it doesnt ? and if it doesnt then why are the courts, MPAA, RIAA doing all this to people , they are wrong and your right? hell lets counterfeit money then, its not taking money away from anyone, its adding more money (but then why is it wrong....?)

Edited by dolimite35

Your still off, a digital copy does take away from the actual CD from being bought and takes money away from the people who programed the software/help make the movie/ help produce the album. Why would you think it doesnt ? and if it doesnt then why are the courts, MPAA, RIAA doing all this to people , they are wrong and your right? hell lets counterfeit money then, its not taking money away from anyone

585461548[/snapback]

Lol you think that the MPAA and RIAA are doing this because of some moral implication or something? They just want the money, go capitalism!

Lol you think that the MPAA and RIAA are doing this because of some moral implication or something? They just want the money, go capitalism!

585461579[/snapback]

Yes, RIAA and MPAA want money for their creation.

They're the bad guys now. :rolleyes:

Yes, RIAA and MPAA want money for their creation.

They're the bad guys now.  :rolleyes:

585461614[/snapback]

the only thing they create is hype for ****ty music.

they dont deserve a dime as far as im concerned.

Ji@nBing, the main reason they're trying to shut this s*** down is because people don't have to purchase it.

If people aren't buying something, they will go out of business. The purpose of a business is to make profit. If they're going to make movies, they need to recouperate money back to pay for the making of the film + more revenue for profit. If everyone had your "It's technically not stealing" logic movie production would wash out.

And for you people who say the RIAA and the MPAA are greedy, you are truly idiotic. They're in business to make money. Do you think they said "Hey, lets have people put studio hours into music that we'll just give out for free" or "Hey, lets blow millions of dollars on making this movie that way we can just hand it out for free"?

Your still off, a digital copy does take away from the actual CD from being bought and takes money away from the people who programed the software/help make the movie/ help produce the album. Why would you think it doesnt ? and if it doesnt then why are the courts, MPAA, RIAA doing all this to people , they are wrong and your right? hell lets counterfeit money then, its not taking money away from anyone, its adding more money (but then why is it wrong....?)

585461548[/snapback]

Your making an assuption that every song/software/movie coppied is a lost profit. Witch is not true at all. I would bet over 80% of the people who download something wouldn't pay for it, or will evetually purchase a legal copy.

Ji@nBing, the main reason they're trying to shut this s*** down is because people don't have to purchase it.

The main reason their shuting it down is because it could potentially replace them. I mean, what good are the MPAA and RIAA(witch basically promote and distrobute products) when you can use a P2P app to instantly get the word out about your product and distrobute it.

They want to get rid of P2P because it threatens their buisness, not because they want to help the artists or some stage hand. They could care less about him.

Edited by glitch409

Your making an assuption that every song/software/movie coppied is a lost profit. Witch is not true at all. I would bet over 80% of the people who download something wouldn't pay for it, or will evetually purchase a legal copy.

585462112[/snapback]

If the only way to get music or movie is to purchase them legally, people would do that.

Unfortunately, too many people are accustomed to getting things for free, and it clearly causes damages to creators financially.

If people aren't buying something, they will go out of business. The purpose of a business is to make profit. If they're going to make movies, they need to recouperate money back to pay for the making of the film + more revenue for profit. If everyone had your "It's technically not stealing" logic movie production would wash out.

And for you people who say the RIAA and the MPAA are greedy, you are truly idiotic. They're in business to make money. Do you think they said "Hey, lets have people put studio hours into music that we'll just give out for free" or "Hey, lets blow millions of dollars on making this movie that way we can just hand it out for free"?

585462099[/snapback]

they can lower prices. their product is operpriced. the artitists do not get their fair share.

If the only way to get music or movie is to purchase them legally, people would do that.

Unfortunately, too many people are accustomed to getting things for free, and it clearly causes damages to creators financially.

585462129[/snapback]

no, i have never bought a cd/tape in my life. internet or no internet.

585462129[/snapback]

Clearly? There is no way to prove what damages were caused by P2P, all we can do is speculate.

Like i said, 1 download does not nesesaraly equate to one lost purchase.

ok so the MPAA and RIAA are money gubbing people, well guess what most businesses are like that, they want to make money thats life. Target, Wal-mart, Amazon, ect....business = make money, there is no diffrence between them and the MPAA and RIAA they all want to make money serving people (here comes the MPAA/RIAA only serve themselfs, bla bla bla). Even non-profit businesses (key word business) are trying to make money to help others, yea so steal money or supplies from the red-cross or christian childrean's something-i-dont-know-just-making-an-example.

the MPAA/RIAA are money greedy....you would be also if you start your own business, you dont want to fail you want to make money. Just because they make more money doesnt give you the right to decide who its ok to take from or not.

ok so the MPAA and RIAA are money gubbing people, well guess what most businesses are like that, they want to make money thats life. Target, Wal-mart, Amazon, ect....business = make money, there is no diffrence between them and the MPAA and RIAA they all want to make money serving people (here comes the MPAA/RIAA only serve themselfs, bla bla bla).

585462155[/snapback]

Two differences. One, Target doesnt use FUD to help their buisness. Two, Target has a purpose, those corperation dont even assist one bit in the production of the products they stamp their name on. They just get it on the shelves, witch in this digital age, makes them useless(as i said before)

Even non-profit businesses (key word business) are trying to make money to help others, yea so steal money or supplies from the red-cross or christian childrean's something-i-dont-know-just-making-an-example.

Mind you, I'm not defending piracy, but to call it stealling just shows a lack of legal vocabulary. To steal, one must deprive another of the use of an item for it to be stealing. Piracy does not deprive anyone of anything, it is copy right infringment. It's like if I made a copy of those suppiles and used them myself.

the MPAA/RIAA are money greedy....you would be also if you start your own business, you dont want to fail you want to make money.

Greed is one thing, but thier buisness practices are atrocious. i have no idea why anyone would want to defend these companies.

Just because they make more money doesnt give you the right to decide who its ok to take from or not
Just because i hate the MPAA and RIAA doesnt mean I'm a pirate.

busted

Edward Webber, who ran the site, agreed to pay a "substantial" fine to settle the lawsuit and agreed to turn over copies of his computer server logs and data, the Motion Picture Association of America said Thursday.

Those records might prove to be even more valuable to the trade group as a way to ferret out individual computer users who had visited the site, which had more than 750,000 registered users downloading thousands of files

mwahahahah, I hope you all rot in prison

when suprnova went down and i heard lokitorrent was threatened i then decided to dump my downloading software.

if they can track others then they could track me, and as you have to make a hole in your firewall to download at decent speeds i really didn't want that knock on my door.

goodbye torrents, it was fun while it lasted.

;)

when suprnova went down and i heard lokitorrent was threatened i then decided to dump my downloading software.

if they can track others then they could track me, and as you have to make a hole in your firewall to download at decent speeds i really didn't want that knock on my door.

goodbye torrents, it was fun while it lasted.

;)

585480452[/snapback]

You sound paranoid. Better lock your door tonight mate, the MPAA might try to send a :ninja: after you.

Seems the MPAA and RIAA's tactic of trying to scare people is working, even though this article casts new light on the "damning information" they have on Loki torrent subscribers.

Personally, I think this will blow up in their face. Its going to get much worse now.

The ****-takes have already started.... HERE :laugh:

585461548[/snapback]

NO, it is not taking money away from anyone. If I were going to buy it, but decided to pirate it instead because I want it for free, then yes, it is taking money away from them and thus stealing. But downloading it if I wasn't going to buy it makes no one lose money or anything else. You still haven't said anything to support your claims. You say it's stealing, ect... but you haven't said anything to support why it's stealing. Again, I'm talking about only if it's something I wouldn't have bought in the first place.

Your making an assuption that every song/software/movie coppied is a lost profit. Witch is not true at all. I would bet over 80% of the people who download something wouldn't pay for it, or will evetually purchase a legal copy.The main reason their shuting it down is because it could potentially replace them. I mean, what good are the MPAA and RIAA(witch basically promote and distrobute products) when you can use a P2P app to instantly get the word out about your product and distrobute it.

They want to get rid of P2P because it threatens their buisness, not because they want to help the artists or some stage hand. They could care less about him.

585462112[/snapback]

Exactly. The MPAA and RIAA know that in reality they are not losing money because of P2P. They are just afraid because with P2P it is possible to cut them out. Also, of course they are going after it. They want to discourage it because if they let it get too out of hand, a lot of people will start just getting things with P2P and not paying at all. I mean things they would have payed for. They have to have lawsuits and such to discourage people because if they don't, even my grandma would start doing it.

Edit: Another thing I'd like to add is that the MPAA/RIAA have no one to blame but themselves for the current situation. The RIAA should have clued in right at the beginning of Napster and bought it, or at least came out with thier own app or site selling MP3's for cheap. That they didn't have the foresight to do that is why they are in the hole they are now. And suing customers isn't the answer. They STILL haven't clued in and come up with a viable alternative to P2P. iTunes and such are a start, but they will have to come up with something better to bring the piracy rates down.

The same goes for the MPAA. They should have seen what was happening with Napster and the RIAA and started preparing and making thier own buisness model for online content delivery right then and had it online right when broadband became available. But they're even more clueless and unprepared than the RIAA.

I gaurantee that if both of them had been prepared from the beginning, piracy would not be what it is today.

Edited by Ji@nBing

I think I downloaded one thing from there. This was back in mid-December. I have a dynamic IP and I've probably gone through hundreds of different IPs. Could the IP I used be tracked back to me even if it's not my current one..since I've gone through a couple hundred IPs since then. Don't the ISPs reuse the IPs? i.e. I had the IP 200.1.1.200 last year. That IP could be assigned to someone else, correct?

I think I downloaded one thing from there. This was back in mid-December. I have a dynamic IP and I've probably gone through hundreds of different IPs. Could the IP I used be tracked back to me even if it's not my current one..since I've gone through a couple hundred IPs since then. Don't the ISPs reuse the IPs? i.e. I had the IP 200.1.1.200 last year. That IP could be assigned to someone else, correct?

585499019[/snapback]

Yes, your ISP will store all the IPs you have used, at what time and date you were assigned them. They can, if they want, refuse to give your details, but it's not likely, since it's big $$$s fighting the court case.

They are not going to go after those who downloaded one thing here and one there, that's pointless and doesn't make the point they are going for. They will go after those who downloaded a lot of material, I would not worry if you downloaded one thing.