Sony PSP US launch a failure?

Sales at stores my me low cus most people now a days get it via the website so it was shipped to them. OMG the PSP is great though. my buddy got one and wow the graphics and screen are so sweet. i felt like i was falling right into it

i think the price is a big turn off for people. 200 bux may be okay, but 250 is just too much. plus you have to think about the extras that you have to get.

585672920[/snapback]

What extras?

I know the PSP is a gaming machine, but selling UMD Movies higher than DVD movies is plain stupid.

I was at a FutureShop and looking at the (2) movies, no extra, stereo sound, low quality image and they ask more money...  Not much more, mabe a couple of $ but still....

And lets not forget that Memory Stick cost more than SD, so not very good for huge storage space for MP3 or movies....

The PSP kit is 399$ CAN.  A bit high for a portable gaming device.

The Gameboy SP will do good for me....

585672990[/snapback]

Dont make things up. Low quality image? HA!, my spiderman 2 UMD Rocks. Its as good as quality as DVD maybe better.

You can use the included card for about 40 songs i belive...

Oh please everybdy who wrote in is from freaking target or walmart. Who the hell shops tehre.

585672874[/snapback]

lol...yea who shops at WALMART!!! :rofl:

There PSP looks cool but there is no way in hell I'm spending that kind of money on one of those turds...I'd rather tote my laptop around and play games on it or sit in front of my 65 inch HD and play PS2 or Xbox :D

What extras?

Dont make things up. Low quality image? HA!, my spiderman 2 UMD Rocks. Its as good as quality as DVD maybe better.

You can use the included card for about 40 songs i belive...

585673034[/snapback]

extras: games, bigger mem disk,

I dont think its nessesairly a failure, but I think most people are turned off by the price factor. Everyone knows it exists, but only a quarter of those people are actually buying it.

Frankly, if I had money I'd buy it. But I dont. And whatever money I do have, I will be spending it on a Canon Digital Rebel XT. Thats something that will last me a good few years. The PSP will probably last a year or two, and then get replaced.

PSP = Too Expensive

585672917[/snapback]

100% agree on that...its a shame that technology prices in North America doesn't fall as quick as the price in Japan...man...by this summer when I get to Japan..the PSP won't worth much anymore and every kid on the block will have one....meh...

I'm waiting for three reasons:

1.Price (150.00 will be my consideration point).

2.The inevitable windfall of defects that plague every Sony hardware launch. I got burned by the PS and PS2 launches. Not this time.

3.Games.

they released it before pay day. some ppl don't get paid until today and others have to wait until the 1st of the month (like myself) before we can afford it. I'm not going to get one for a while, since I'm saving for a house.

It's the cell phone business that is encroching on the PSP. People would rather play those handheld games on their cell phone.

The price come down for those who are patient. :) (PseudoRandomDragon: Your avatar is really annoying, freaks me out).

585673462[/snapback]

dude's avatar eats apple and frightens viewer......lol.....scary.....

I thought I read somewhere that the reason Sony didn't do a big promotion before the launch of the PSP, was because they wanted it to be "hush hush", as they were only shipping 1 million units. And now, as more and more people are becoming aware of it, Sony is going to up their campagin.

But don't quote me on that. I read it somewhere, and I don't remember where. :(

sony has said all along this was going to be a soft launch (not much advertising and hype), and that they are planning on hitting it harder once more umd media is available

there would be no reason to hush the release of a console. personally its the price for me. $250 is crazy. gbasp=$70, and only $40 on ebay. c'mon, gimme a break. Like a tetris clone and a bunch of other games that are already on the PS2?

who the heck wants spiderman anyways! the first movie was good, but the seccond put me to sleep. Shouldev come with the tetris clone game if you ask me. Nintendo released Tetris with the gameboy and those babies were hotcakes. I bet they are all gunna break and won't play new games in a few years (like the ps2 did).

I would of definiately had bought a PSP if the price was not so damn expensive, yes, $250 is expensive for what's being offered here. When there are much other things I could be putting that money towards.

If the price were to drop or started off at $200. I may of considered purchasing, most likely I would of. If it were to have been lets say $150 or like between $180, as I could see them having one of those prices, I would of for sure, no question about it, wouldn't of been that bad of a purchase for that price.

Another thing that I don't like, but hey, not like it matters what we think, is the pricing of their games, $40 or $50, I mean come on. I guess I am just sick of these game prices. That's me, I know they know we will buy them at that price, and most of us will to but it should not be like that. :( I personally think piracy would go down a little, just my opinion, if games were put out there just a little cheaper. Only in a dream would I love to see games priced by how good they actually are, sort of like have testers rate how much the game is really worth to buy.

I hope to maybe get the PSP some day, just to own it (among other reasons too), would be nice to have it now, but not at its price and everything else. I've already heard of dead pixels out of the box? I know dead pixels happen, but I don't expect it to be out of the box happen. Maybe I am wrong on this? Just what I've read and been told by numerous people out there and I've heard about the L Button problems, but been told that gets fixed after awhile of use with it. Oh well.