The 2005 Baseball Thread

4 straight CGs....damn. incredible pitching. well, either good pitching, or the angels bats went just completely cold. but to win 3 straight at anaheim...congrats to them.

Time for Andy to close it out for us tonight! I am a little annoyes that the umps detracted from a hard fought game yesterday. Edmonds was jobbed. That looked like ball 4 to me, and I am an Astros fan. Like I said, let's finish it up tonight and get ready for the ChiSox. 'Stros in the WS, never thought I'd se it happen (hopefully).

I was going absolutely crazy last night BOOG. I have to say that Anaheim hitting was completely shut down. I really think something was wrong with Vladdy, only 1 hit and a RBI to go with it?

Anyways, my dad has 2 tickets to WS Game 2 and since I went to the ALCS with him, my mom gets the other World Series ticket. Guess I'll be skipping class tomorrow to get some tickets. :happy:

I was going absolutely crazy last night BOOG.  I have to say that Anaheim hitting was completely shut down.  I really think something was wrong with Vladdy, only 1 hit and a RBI to go with it?

Anyways, my dad has 2 tickets to WS Game 2 and since I went to the ALCS with him, my mom gets the other World Series ticket.  Guess I'll be skipping class tomorrow to get some tickets. :happy:

586686098[/snapback]

Lucky you! :angry:

I've had myself and 3 people working on getting tickets for white sox home playoff games and I've come up empty every time.

at one point for the division series there were 130000 people trying to get 40000 tickets spanning 4 games.

I will try hard but don't see it happening to get those tickets.

hell the tickets for game two of the alcs I bought were 185 a piece. I don't even want to think about the World Series

my team sucked this year, crapped out at the end (cleveland)

586687274[/snapback]

yeah but that come back and hot streak sent shivers down White Sox nation. I've almost never seen a team sustain being that hot for so long to creep up on the Sox.

The White Sox have the Cleveland Indians to thank for lighting a fire under their rears and helping them realize there is still work to do.

P.S. I'm a huge white sox fan. and I thank cleveland

O man I think Pujols single-handedly ripped the hearts out of every person in Houston. That ballpark went from deafening to dead silence in about two seconds. Crazy. Playoff baseball is awesome.

No they didn't get lucky. They have Albert Pujols.

You watching Barry Bonds?  That's how a real MVP plays the game in the postseason.

Pujols is a friggin stud.

586687930[/snapback]

In all fairness, Bonds pretty much carried the Giants in 2002 to the World Series.

I hate Pujols...for some unexplained reason.

In all fairness, Bonds pretty much carried the Giants in 2002 to the World Series.

586687980[/snapback]

Bonds' postseason numbers include averages of .167, .148, .176, and .222. His lifetime "big game" stats are a .245 average with 9 homers in 151 at bats.

I was primarily speaking about the postseason. It's too bad the past two years everyone was all in love with the longball to see a true MVP slip past them in Pujols.

And I despise the Cardinals like you wouldn't believe.

Bonds' postseason numbers include averages of .167, .148, .176, and .222. His lifetime "big game" stats are a .245 average with 9 homers in 151 at bats.

586688257[/snapback]

Got me there, BOOG :)

I thought Barry had a dominate postseason in 2002 though. .356avg, 8hrs, 16rbi, 27bb (that's unbelievable).

Still, I understand your point. We'll see if he ever wins a World Series.

I must say I was sick when I watched it. I still think our chances are about the same as the Cards in game 6. I've heard a lot of fans here saying we should have walked Pujols. I think it should have been considered. He definately should have not gotten anything over the plate to swing at. Oh well, knowing Lidge he is probably wishing he could have another crack at them tomorrow instead of sitting for a day. We need a strong game from Roy and some good hitting. I won't lie, I am nervous since we are in the same situation as last year, but I feel are chances are better than last year. Go 'Stros.

Yeah but if you walk Pujols you put the tying run on second with Sanders coming up. And he's been having himself a pretty decent post-season, too. Plus, I don't think that slider was supposed to be over the plate. It just didn't bite.