The 2005 Baseball Thread

they could buy it cant they?

586501670[/snapback]

Yay for ignorant remarks!

You do realize that just because the Yankees have hte highest payroll doesn't mean anything, right? George simply puts the money back into the team unlike other greedy owners who don't care about winning. The Bosox and Mets have salaries very close to that of the Yanks and no one says a thing.

You do realize that just because the Yankees have hte highest payroll doesn't mean anything, right? George simply puts the money back into the team unlike other greedy owners who don't care about winning. The Bosox and Mets have salaries very close to that of the Yanks and no one says a thing.

586501910[/snapback]

yeah, not to mention that most of that payroll is in liek a total of 6 players... and like 4 of them aren't even playing right now...

586501910[/snapback]

very close?? u think 123mill is 'very close' to 208mil? :huh:

very close?? u think 123mill is 'very close' to 208mil? :huh:

586502031[/snapback]

What's the difference? Almost 40 million of that 208 has been lost to players who were/are injured and either aren't coming back or spend most of the time on the DL. And if the Red Sox got A-Rod instead of the Yankees, it'd be another $25mil difference. I wonder if everybody would be saying the same then...

What's the difference?? Almost 40 million of that 208 has been lost to players who were/are injured and either aren't coming back or spend most of the time on the DL.? And if the Red Sox got A-Rod instead of the Yankees, it'd be another $25mil difference.? I wonder if everybody would be saying the same then...

586505029[/snapback]

as far as the contract being lost on players that are injured thats the nature of the game so dont whine about it. they still decided to take on kevin brown knowing he had a history of back problems just like the red sox took on wade miller knowing he had arm problems. only diff is that the red sox got him for little money.

people wouldn't necessarily be saying saying the same thing because the red sox would have traded manny. they would picked up some of his contract, at least 5-10 mil or so, to make it happen with the rangers, so it would have made a-rod's contract around 30-35 mil which only would have added 5-10 mill to the total payroll. nevermind them trading nomar to get ordonez which would have another 10 mil but thats in a trade where both players were making about the same.

i think there is a big difference between 123 mil and 208 mil and i just was asking if that was truly what bluepride would call 'very close.'

i think there is a big difference between 123 mil and 208 mil and i just was asking if that was truly what bluepride would call 'very close.'

586505209[/snapback]

W'oh don't drag me into this. I didn't even comment on this point lol. I think you mean bangbang.

W'oh don't drag me into this. I didn't even comment on this point lol. I think you mean bangbang.

586505288[/snapback]

whoops i didnt mean you, i meant bang. got my posts mixed up. my apologies. :D

grr, i hate bonds....

glad he didn't get the HR.

586520211[/snapback]

same, he doesn't deserve it. 98% of players post 1990 don't deserve any records they have broken or created. there should be two seperate hall of fames... Pre and Post 1990. The Greatest players of all time vs The players who are okay but got a little help from steroids, small fields, jucied balls/bats, etc...

Torre probably heard Sweet Lou won't go back to Tampa next year and decided to make sure the team got their asses in gear because if they don't make the playoffs well. . . I think you know where I'm going with this lol.

They've won 9 of the last ten and the hitting has been less than stellar at points. They've really come together. Giambi is having back problems, though, and match that with Sheff's bum leg and we could have a potential power problem.

Just saw this on ESPN.com:

Rafael Palmeiro reportedly told a three-member baseball arbitration panel that a teammate gave him a substance that might be responsible for his positive steroid test, a source told the Baltimore Sun.Story
That is shocking!!!!! A player trying to make a scapegoat for his idiocy?! O my goodness, the shame and shock!!

Just saw this on ESPN.com:

That is shocking!!!!! A player trying to make a scapegoat for his idiocy?! O my goodness, the shame and shock!!

586565330[/snapback]

It can't be Sammy :rolleyes:

The NL West is going to be won by a sub .500 team. That's pathetic. They should rescind the playoff spot and be forced to give it to the second place wild-card team.

The NL West is going to be won by a sub .500 team. That's pathetic. They should rescind the playoff spot and be forced to give it to the second place wild-card team.

586584969[/snapback]

Mmmmhmm..... Imagine how us Yankee fans feel....

Mmmmhmm..... Imagine how us Yankee fans feel....

586586261[/snapback]

Huh? Don't try and get sympathy lol. No one in your league is going to make the playoffs with a sub .500 record. I wasn't saying that because the Mets deserve it but Philly or Houston should be given that spot. It's ridiculous that a sub .500 team is going to win the NL West. In the AL at least all the teams have winning records. No sympathy for you :p