The 2005 Baseball Thread

Tuffgong4

White Sox Clinch!!!!!!!!!

Nobody picked them in the beginning of the season and they were able to hold off those hot Indians at the end.

Great season to watch and hopefully it will only get better!

no-sweat

LETS GO INDIANS!

man on 2nd and 3rd NO OUTS bottom of the 9th!!

score 1-0 sox! GO TRRIBE!!!!

no-sweat

well they got one.. extra innings.. good enough.

bigbluepride35

This is definitely going to be the most exicting final weekend i can remember in baseball. All I know is my Mets clinched a .500 season so I'm good lol. Now I get to enjoy banbang023 stressing out like crazy while I just sit back and enjoy some quality baseball :yes:. Unforunately, I'm going to miss most of it because I'll be either at work or volunteering at church or doing homework. :angry: Well, I SHOULD miss most of it ;)

no-sweat

this damn indians game is lasting forever and i gotta go. HURRY UP AND WIN!

greatestfall

yay red sox :D

Prosidius

I interupt this chat because...

THE BREWERS SNAP THERE 12 YEAR LOSING STREAK!!

bigbluepride35

^^ Yup, and the Padres clinched at least a .500 season. That makes it somehwat more tolerable that they'll be in the playoffs.

the long lost son

Yankees clinch the AL East :)

bangbang023
Yankees clinch the AL East :)

586605529[/snapback]

Who would have ever thought it after such a crappy season? There's a long, hard (sort of like me) road ahead of us. My nerves are shot just thinking about it.

the long lost son
Who would have ever thought it after such a crappy season? There's a long, hard (sort of like me) road ahead of us. My nerves are shot just thinking about it.

586605686[/snapback]

Me, my wife and son were watching the game and all having near-breakdowns... It's just too nerve-wracking... and it's not even the playoffs yet :blink:

bangbang023
Me, my wife and son were watching the game and all having near-breakdowns... It's just too nerve-wracking... and it's not even the playoffs yet  :blink:

586605885[/snapback]

At least I know one thing: As long as I have Yankee baseball, I have an excuse to drink.

I wonder who they'll start tomorrow. I'm hoping they'll bring up a scrub and let everyone else rest. I'd probably rest most of the starters if I were Torre. Let the Sox trounce us, I don't care.

christracy

586605686[/snapback]

uh, you wanna look at the first part of that first statement a little closer? :rofl:

anyway congrats, i guess its somewhat ironic that after seeing the sox unfurl the 2004 WS banner, the yankees come back and get the AL east @ fenway. i still hope the only trophy that a-rod gets the rest of this year is AL MVP. :D

Hawkeye

This is awesome. After all the Yankees went through this season, they really worked to earn this.

My suitemate in college is from Connecticut and is a diehard Red Sox fan, while I've been a Yankee fan for about the last 13 years (pretty much since I knew what baseball was). I made a two-tier bet with him.

I bet him that I would come back to school after this six-day Rosh Hashanah break wearing a Yankees AL East Champions shirt, and he told me the Yankees would be cleaning out their lockers in Yankee Stadium after this weekend is over, when I last saw him on Thursday afternoon. The second part of the bet, and my favorite part, was that the loser buys the winner drinks next time we go out to the bars in Albany. So all my drinks are on him next time. :D

hehe. The tension is over. As was mentioned by bangbang and myself earlier, who needs the Wild Card when you can win the division? :cool:

Can't wait to see what the postseason has in store. :)

Hurmoth
yay red sox :D

586602123[/snapback]

yay yankees :D

586605686[/snapback]

I tell ya, I never thought they'd make it this year... but nevertheless congratulations to Joe Torre and his team :yes:

the long lost son
At least I know one thing: As long as I have Yankee baseball, I have an excuse to drink.

I wonder who they'll start tomorrow. I'm hoping they'll bring up a scrub and let everyone else rest. I'd probably rest most of the starters if I were Torre. Let the Sox trounce us, I don't care.

586605895[/snapback]

LMFAO. My son was gonna go out and buy me a bottle of Jack because I'm out.... Too bad he didn't :angry:

Ugh... With either Mussina or Wright starting today, I'd rather not even watch the game. Jeeze, let freakin Sheffield pitch.

bangbang023

They'll probably put Wright out there in hopes of having him not get hit yet again.

the long lost son
They'll probably put Wright out there in hopes of having him not get hit yet again.

586608564[/snapback]

Yankees.com says he's pitching.... :no:

bangbang023
Yankees.com says he's pitching.... :no:

586608770[/snapback]

That's fine. The game doesn't matter and he's been hit by flying objects three games in a row, so they need to get him out there to work throughthe injuries and to get over any remaining fear that the next pitch will also come back at him.

bigbluepride35

Kind of feel bad for Cleveland. I was pulling for them but not at the expense of the Red Sox. Ideally, I would've liked to see LA, Cleveland, Boston, and Chicago but lo and behold the Yanks are ****ing me off yet again :p

As for my Mets, I'll take it. I think they have a pretty solid infield for the next few years if they keep Jacobs up to add to Wright and Reyes. Pedro should be able to give us at least one more quality year and hopefully Beltran will have made his "NY adjustment" and get back to his 20-20-100-100 type seasons. That's HRs, SBs, RBIs, Rs. And amazing what Cliff Floyd can do when he stays healthy for a full season. I think next year's their year to make the run. If they don't get it done then it might be a while.

BroChaos

cubs will win it all next year!

congrats to everyone who made it, even though i hate you all :p

here's to some exciting baseball in october!

bigbluepride35

While I find this story amusing since I hate the Yankees even I understand that this just doesn't seem quite right. In the Texas-LAA game yesterday, Buck Showlater took out his three best players (Michael Young, Hank Blalock, and Mark Teixeira) after the third inning. I don't care what he says it sure as hell seems Showalter tried to throw the game as best he could. You had to take them out in the third inning to get them ovations? Seems a little fishy to me. It wound up costing the Yanks home-filed against the Angels. Anyway, here's the full story. Judge for yourselves.

BroChaos

"If we had won one more game, we wouldn't have to be worried about what anybody else did," Cashman told The Times.

EXACTLY.

those yankee babies need to mind their own business. texas can do whatever the hell they want for whatever reason they want.