The Official Mac OS X "Tiger" Thread

Does anyone know of a place where I can go to learn how to make wallpapers in the style of the default Aqua images with Photoshop? I like the style but would like to know the technique they use to make them. Thanks in advance.

blue background add lighting effects then add several layers with 40% transparency.

585720007[/snapback]

Right on, Thanks a lot!

If that's the new one, I'll stick with the one I got in Panther... that one just looks too, uh... lame?

But I will save all reservations until I have Tiger right here on my desk.

The resolutions of the new Tiger desktops are huge. Great for people with 20"+ displays. :D

Edited by PureLogic

mrelusive, are u planning on making something???

585720586[/snapback]

I would like to, but the instructions given earlier are vague. I really need a more detailed description of the process, then I could whip something out. I was going to go with something snowy to match the look of the iMac G5/Mac Mini.

The resolutions of the new Tiger desktops are huge. Great for people with 20"+ displays. :D

585724623[/snapback]

i think their at the res of the 30inch cinemas

585724623[/snapback]

do u have the wallpapers???

do u have the wallpapers???

585725995[/snapback]

Maybe :innocent: :whistle:

The problem is that i'll be flooded with PM's if I say yes. Don't worry they probably will be included with the final. ;)

Edited by PureLogic

They will be included, they look fantabulus. I'm not really into Aqua desktop myself but they still look nice.

585726226[/snapback]

They're nice when installing and configuring a new installed system, other than that they become very boring, very fast. ;)

They're nice when installing and configuring a new installed system, other than that they become very boring, very fast. ;)

585729024[/snapback]

Argghh! When is Tiger going to be announced? The waitings killing me.

Argghh! When is Tiger going to be announced? The waitings killing me.

585729064[/snapback]

Dunno, and I know what you mean. We're so close, yet so far away (nicely said huh? :p ).

Dunno, and I know what you mean. We're so close, yet so far away (nicely said huh? :p ).

585729175[/snapback]

lol, that's a great way to say it!

I was so expecting an announcement on the 1st, and when that didn't happen I was really disappointed. I did hear that an announcement could be made today so we'll see.

I am quite impatient because hopefully when Apple announce Tiger they will announce updates to their product line. I will be getting the newly announced iMac G5 along with Tiger as soon as it is announced and available on the site.

Come on Apple, stop toying with us!

hey, i bet everyones eager for tiger to be released, but i think apples doing some final revision to make it even better. dont rush em ;)

hey, i bet everyones eager for tiger to be released, but i think apples doing some final revision to make it even better. dont rush em  ;)

585729202[/snapback]

Ah f*ck it, that's what the 10.4.x updates are for. :p

Tiger has gone GM.  There won't be any changes from the last beta release until it hits the stores.  Guessing Apple is just ramping up production.

585732950[/snapback]

B-E-AUTIFUL!....I'll be waiting for this... :yes:

Tiger has gone GM.  There won't be any changes from the last beta release until it hits the stores.  Guessing Apple is just ramping up production.

585732950[/snapback]

Has that been confirmed? Or are you saying that just because AppleInsider reported it?