Very nice Winamp 5 Skin

I just found a great Winamp skin which I thought was worth a post here on Neowin, as I think this one could be very popular, considering the fact Neowin users love transparency effects. After the great success of stefanka's Spirit skin I'm sure you will like this.

It's called clearONE, for more information and a screenshot go here: http://axialix.home.insightbb.com/Winamp/index.htm

Besides the nice transparent windows it has some great features. You can choose between many color schemes (try the white one on a light blue background, it looks very nice), customizable main window (decide which buttons you want to have), a cover art window and many more.

I searched and found no thread about this skin, so I hope this isn't old news for you...

This skin is very nice. Stefanka's Spirit was pretty good but the playlist didn't just fit the main window theme. This skin however is perfect, definately something I will use and keep for a long time.

Thanks for sharing it. :D

Edit: And no need to replace any dll's btw, it works swell without any changes.

Edited by Snowden

Wow!!! this has to be one of the best customizable winamp skins ever. Simple, elegant and almost all the controls on the main window can be configured to be shown or hidden. Impressive work.

I thought it wasn't possible to have alpha transparency in the playlist and media library windows... boy I'd love to know how the author did that...

I thought it wasn't possible to have alpha transparency in the playlist and media library windows... boy I'd love to know how the author did that...

585881526[/snapback]

I was wondering the same thing. One thing's for sure, though, cpu useage skrockets when you move it haha.

The toasters are friggin beautiful.

There is no way to get alpha blending with the standardframe (which skins the components: Playlist, Media Library, Video, etc) without using a workaround. With the workaround, you (as a skinner) have a window that you force alpha blending on, which will be used to skin all your component windows instead of the regular, non-alpha blended standardframe. Then you must sync the position (x,y), width and height of your components with the position, width and height of the alpha blended window using a MAKI script. Sure, you get a smooth looking Playlist, or whatever other component, but the demand on the CPU is quite large. Nullsoft didn't want alpha blended component windows for a reason, y'know. But I will admit that alpha blended components do look nice, and this skin looks great using this workaround. (Y)

Like this skin very much.

Agreed, the CPU asuages goed from 0-1 % to around 42% when moving the player around the desktop, but that falls back to original CPU usage, when the movement stops, so not really an issue IMO.