Very nice Winamp 5 Skin

I wish I made that wallpaper, but I found it on deviantart somewhere. I can't remember exactly which section. I don't think it's in the regular wallpaper section, and especially with a filename of "cirlces.jpg", I dunno.

I've tried to keep the filesize down so that the skin loads fast, but it does use a bit of cpu whenever you move it around. The windows other than the main window are a little stubborn to move, so that's another thing I'm trying to remedy before the final release.

for some reason, when the coverart loads right at the beginning, it seems to load the original size in the space to show the album cover then it'll switch to the small size again... noting.

Can i make a suggestion to the skin?

-> Movable control buttons! I like my pause/play/next/prev buttons on the right of the screen, i feel subconciously lost when my mouse moves to the right side and cant find anything!

Or you can force me to move my mouse all the way over to the other side of the screen!

Rekoil, there will just be a few small bug fixes and cosmetic changes in the next update. I've hit a roadblock trying to make it usable for non WinXP/2K users, so that may not happen at all. Is there something special you'd like me to include? I'm always open to suggestions.

neoxphuse, I'm not sure why the coverart is acting strangely for you. I haven't noticed any weird behavior yet. You are using the latest version right? Let me know if you still have problems with it.

mikey, what you're asking would take a complete recode of the main window. Sorry, but I'm not about to redo it all at this stage of the game. Although, if you like, I might do up a special version for you that has the cbuttons on the right on the playlist shademode. Would this work?

This is Great!!! thanks alot!

edit: just one thing i think needs to be changed , in the playlist window when in Shade mode, where the name of the song is, should not be transperant, and perhaps make the tex a tad bigger.

Edited by freedom77

Hmmm... The cover art is acting strangely for me too now. I updated to the latest release this morning (05/18). I must say... I liked the original much better with the dotted buttons. I also dont like the gradient search bar and volume bar as much as the originals. :( Can you not make them configurable?

Please bring back the dotted buttons, or at least make it possible to switch between the two.

This skin has been amazing for me. I was a hard core classic skin user that kept winamp in constant shaded mode. This has been the only skin that I've ever used for more than 5 minutes besides classic. I've been using it for about a week now and cant imagine going back, but I really miss the pixel art sensibilities of the previous versions.

Thanks for all your effort so far, it has not gone unappreciated!

freedom77, you can choose any font at any size by following the instructions in my changelog at my site. It's below the screenshot.

dividebyzero, the coverart window resizes itself based on the size of your cover.jpg, front.jpg, coverart.jpg, etc. You can set it to be 100px/200px, but it will always return to the original pic size on track change. I'm working to add an option to enable/disable this auto resize since quite a few people have commented about it and thought it was a bug.

It's really getting difficult to please everybody. Another group of reviewers hated the dotted buttons, so I changed them. :(

Oh well, this is still a beta, so nothing's set in stone just yet.

Thanks a bunch! This skin rocks. I have one possible bug. I have winamp using desktop alpha blending, with auto opaque on hover (so it pretty much disappears when I'm not using it). I can only get winamp to become opaque when I hover over the video button or the exit button, when it should be any part of winamp. This is on my machine at work, which isn't terribly powerful, I will test this on my system at home though.

Pls include more color themes. Thanks :)

BTW, how do I create color themes for it on my own? I unzipped the skin file but couldn't understand the codes. Thanks!

frease, you can make your own color themes using the color editor. Check the previous page, I posted the link to download there.

Thanks soothsayer, I do believe that is a bug. I'll let you know when (and if ;) ) I get it fixed.

I can't seem to get the docking option to work for me at all. Winamp just completly disapears and becomes un seeable. I can still rightclick and get the options up, just can't see it. Here is a picture of it tryign to be docked on the bottom of my screen.

That disappearing act is a bug in Winamp. It does that with all skins with desktop alpha enabled. Just hit F5 to refresh/reload and it should pop back up.