Very nice Winamp 5 Skin

Rekoil, are you getting more of the errors in your screenshot or was it a one-time thing?

One thing I'd like to clarify is about the modified gen_ml.dll. I've just updated my site with two versions of the plugin. One is for the new Winamp 5.09 and the other is for all lower versions. Sorry if this caused any confusion or unexpected crashes.

i dunno if it happened again, like i said i wasnt there so i dont know what happened but ill leave it running all day today and c if i get any errors

Font in playlist and media library wont change for some reason. I copied .dll to the winamp folder. Im using winamp version 5.091. Any help is welcome.

Great skin btw.

random_, did you set the font in Preferences -> General -> Playlist -> Use font: to NonstepNew (or whatever you want)?

Also make sure you have "Media Library uses same font as Playlist Editor" selected in General -> Media Library -> Library Options -> Modify Settings.

The modified gen_ml's only change the font for the buttons in the Media Library, nothing else.

Just noticed this was updated recently, downloaded the new version, and thankfully backed up the old one because im not a big fan of the new slider buttons on the volume and the track placement and the buttons on the white out look worse. It's a great skin, but i like the older one better. Thanks for a great skin!

random_, did you set the font in Preferences -> General -> Playlist -> Use font: to NonstepNew (or whatever you want)?

Also make sure you have "Media Library uses same font as Playlist Editor" selected in General -> Media Library -> Library Options -> Modify Settings. 

The modified gen_ml's only change the font for the buttons in the Media Library, nothing else.

585962607[/snapback]

I am glad you said how to do that I was getting ****ed off. I was playing with the stupid font rendering thing in Modern Skins. :blush:

I've been working on the coverart window size for the past few days and finally got it fixed. It's been a real bitch, but it finally works correctly now. You can either choose from a fixed size (100px/200px/whatever), or set it to display the actual size of your cover.jpg/front.jpg/etc.

awesome skin buddy...top marks.

just a quick point however...I've just downloaded the latest version

and it refuses to minimize when clicking on the top right icon.

this isn't a complaint....I'm just curious if anyone else is

having this happen to them?

Mike.

minimize is 2nd button from the right, if you are clicking on most top right button, you are closing win amp.

If that isn't the case, i dont know :)

I've been working on the coverart window size for the past few days and finally got it fixed.  It's been a real bitch, but it finally works correctly now.  You can either choose from a fixed size (100px/200px/whatever), or set it to display the actual size of your cover.jpg/front.jpg/etc.

585968157[/snapback]

Any chance to have it to show the cover set in the tag of each mp3s?

You can add them with MusicMatch or Tag and Rename 2.0.

Winamp Cd Case read the covers that are set in the tags...

In Winamp you can't set a cover for the mp3s, I know... anyway if they are in the tags plugins as toaster or Winamp Cd Case read them.

Do you want this skin to be able to show covers located on the web? That's the only difference I see when I downloaded the Cover TAG plugin. That and it can show any image with extension jpg. My skin cannot do this because maki will not accept wildcard characters and I honestly don't know any workaround to that problem yet.

Setting up your coverart to work with my skin is really easy. All you have to do is put your album cover jpg in the directory with your mp3's. Use a file renamer like Magic File Renamer to rename them all to cover.jpg or front.jpg or whatever.

Do you want this skin to be able to show covers located on the web?  That's the only difference I see when I downloaded the Cover TAG plugin.  That and it can show any image with extension jpg.  My skin cannot do this because maki will not accept wildcard characters and I honestly don't know any workaround to that problem yet.

Maybe we don't understand each other (or maybe my english is as bad as I thought...).

I was wondering if there's a way to show the cover art with your skin as MusicMatch does.

The link I gave was only an example of different plugins that do so.

Setting up your coverart to work with my skin is really easy.  All you have to do is put your album cover jpg in the directory with your mp3's.  Use a file renamer like Magic File Renamer to rename them all to cover.jpg or front.jpg or whatever.

585969170[/snapback]

This works fine if you store your mp3s divided into different folders for each album.

But if I want to load a playlist with different mp3s from differend artists/albums stored for example in a folder named "last mp3s downloaded" I can see only one cover.

In MusicMach when I load a playlist of songs taken from "my mp3" folder (which contain all my mp3s not divided into particular folders) I can see the cover set in every tag.

So... if there's a chace to have this it would be a great thing...

However... this skin is damn good anyway!

:happy:

For some reason when I click the 'ML' button it springs up two media library windows.... getting a bit annoying now....

squek, now I see what you mean. However, it would take some digging around on my part to figure it out. I'll try, but I ain't guaranteeing anything. ;)

david, I've no idea what's happening to your ML. Did you try reinstalling the skin?

For some reason when I click the 'ML' button it springs up two media library windows.... getting a bit annoying now....

try reinstalling winamp

]david, I've no idea what's happening to your ML. Did you try reinstalling the skin?

this could work too

wow. they updated it. i like how it slides from the side of the screen when you change song :)

Edited by AionXn_

585970175[/snapback]

Same thing here. On my machine it's actually listed twice when you right click on winamp, and if you push "alt+L" two instances of it will pop up.