Very nice Winamp 5 Skin

Is anyone else having a problem with this and Winamp 5.1?  For me, Winamp will close almost immediately after opening.

586478483[/snapback]

You need to replace gen_ml.dll with axialix's modified one and all will be well. Doesn't anyone read instructions anymore? :no:

For those of you having problems with Winamp 5.1 and this skin, please try the version attached (rename to clearONEbeta.wal if desired). I finally got mine to work, hopefully this one will work for you too.

BTW, I'm working on another gen_ml.dll for Winamp 5.1 (the new one for 5.1 is a bit larger). You can still use the one on my site for 5.09, but it's NOT required. All it does is change the font and size of the ML buttons, that's all. If you're happy with the standard MS Serif font, then there's no need to use mine.

clearONEbeta.zip

:D Thanks Sky, you're right. This skin really needs to be finished.

Also, I don't want this thing breaking with every new version of Winamp. And since there seems to be a lot of confusion over my versions of the gen_ml anyway, I might just remove them all from my site. However... I have updated my site with the new gen_ml.dll for 5.1. I was wrong about the 5.09 dll working with Winamp 5.1, it crashes it immediately. Sorry about that.

I don't get it...I updated to 5.1 from 5.094 with clearONE already installed, and Winamp crashed a few seconds after starting it. I replaced the updated gen_ml.dll with your 5.09 replacement .dll, and it worked fine. The same thing happened to a few other people when updating to 5.1 as well. I installed the modified skin files you put up earlier reverting back to the updated .dll, and it also works. You're saying it's the other way around? :wacko: Either way, it's working. Thanks for your hard work on this.

Whilst this is an amazing skin, is it just me that has trouble docking the player at the top and setting to autohide? If i do that, the window just disappears completely. I know its still there as I can right click and get the menus, but there are no graphics being shown. I then have to shut winamp, change to default skin and then put back to Clearone :blink:

k I got it working but ml_ipod doesn't work though :s I can only access my playlists from my ipod and I can't access the files inside :s

I'm having a problem with the font settings... I installed the font file, but in some areas of the skin, ex. playlist and media library, it shows up in the default winamp font. I don't know what I can do to change it..

This is such a great theme, just wish I could get this font problem sorted out :unsure:

post-59643-1125944133.jpg

Abandoned, press F5 when the skin disappears, that should bring it right back. This is a bug with Winamp itself, it happens with all skins.

Frappe, see the screenshot to change the PL and ML fonts to NonstepNew.

post-110624-1125965695.gif

You need to replace gen_ml.dll with axialix's modified one and all will be well. Doesn't anyone read instructions anymore?  :no:

586478747[/snapback]

Just to let you know, I have been using the skin for months, and am well aware of the installation procedure. Thanks axialix for updating this to address the issue.

Sorry for sounding so annoyed, but that's the most common issue folks were having. See what I get for assuming? :whistle:

hi, is there some way to get in contact whit the skiner who made the clear one skin

I have just made a rainlander skin that look very simular to hes skin, and need hes permision to release it.

Is there anyway to get the skin to remember it's window settings? Like position & sizing? Cause, everytime I start Winamp up it always puts the player & album art windows in the middle of the screen with default settings.

Cheers

Abandoned, press F5 when the skin disappears, that should bring it right back.  This is a bug with Winamp itself, it happens with all skins.

Frappe, see the screenshot to change the PL and ML fonts to NonstepNew.

586483556[/snapback]

Worked a charm, thanks for that, never noticed it before but not used winamp in a while :jump:

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, there will be a final release. I'm working on it right now, but it's rather slow because of my busy schedule. I've already added a few items (main window freeze, notifier stay on top option, etc.) and given it a totally new look, but there's still a lot left to do.

I do want to thank everyone for the continued interest. You won't be disappointed. :)