Very nice Winamp 5 Skin

Thanks! Btw ... I've been reading the past 2 pages of posts ... and I still can't figure out how to fix this:

The notification of the song being played ... keeps showing the old album art from the previous song ...

Can u plz help me?

I'll try to re-read in the meantime ...

Edit: And damn, Winamp doesn't support Unicode hey? :angry:

Edited by wutang01

Ok, I removed the flashes and resizing effects.  This really is much better.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention Barisko!

586051888[/snapback]

Owh my god! It look?s awesome! My suggestion turned out to a transition with fade effect. That?s even ten times better! You did it again my man!

(And it even checks the path, because the cover doesn?t fade when is does not change?! Just great!)

YtseJam made a suggestion a long time ago that I increase the size of the notifier coverart.  (...), so please check it out and let me know what you think.

586052454[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but I copied over the old one so I can't compare them. I can't really tell the difference?

(or is it such a big difference that I can?t miss it? (that means that it?s my computer being annoying again?)

The notification of the song being played ... keeps showing the old album art from the previous song  ...

Can u plz help me?

586052521[/snapback]

Just to be sure, is this what you mean:

On playing the present song the notification displays the cover from the previous song?

That?s strange. I did not you experience this problem? Does it do this all the time?

YtseJam originally posted this link to a thread about Unicode if you wanna read it.

I think I will make a short tutorial about how to setup coverart correctly. In the meantime, all you need to do is separate your music into folders by Artist then Album. Place an image with any of these filenames: cover.jpg, coverart.jpg, front.jpg, or folder.jpg, in your Album folders.

YtseJam originally posted this link to a thread about Unicode if you wanna read it.

I think I will make a short tutorial about how to setup coverart correctly.  In the meantime, all you need to do is separate your music into folders by Artist then Album.  Place an image with any of these filenames: cover.jpg, coverart.jpg, front.jpg, or folder.jpg, in your Album folders.

586052607[/snapback]

Ahh ... it works now! Makes sense too. Thanks for this!

And gonna try out that solution for Unicode ;)

Thanks everyone!

I'm sorry, but I copied over the old one so I can't compare them. I can't really tell the difference?

(or is it such a big difference that I can?t miss it? (that means that it?s my computer being annoying again?)

The only difference is the new size, 65px instead of the old 50px. Also, the status text (New Track, Playing, Resuming, etc.) has been moved to the left above the Playlist Entry numbers (2367/3943, for example).

The new transition effects are not mine. Those were originally in the script I borrowed from rpeterclark in his awesome Drone skin. I had removed them to simulate a faster loading time for the coverart, but looks like I broke some stuff when I took them out.

The new transition effects are not mine.

586052735[/snapback]

It still looks great!

Only one small bug left as far as I can see.

When I do the following:

1. play a song that has a cover file (but with a cover that is to big, so the window resizes it to smaller)

2. play a song without a cover art (so that the message about the filenames appears)

Note: the cover window first shows the cover from step 1 in its original size (to big for the window) before it fades to the message.

Wow, you got really sharp eyes man! I never noticed that. Ok, lemme work on it some more...

Hold on a sec, why don't I just hide the whole thing completely when no cover is found? That would save a chunk of code plus do what you want too. Now that the instructions are in my sig for the coverart, who needs the dumb window anyway? Any objections??

Edited by axialix

Thanks Bhav. This thing is on its way to a final release, someday...

I just want to apologize to andy_rose. He pointed out that there is a bit of distortion when Winamp resizes the coverart. I never noticed that until last night. I'm trying to get rid of it (it's especially noticeable in the notifier), but no luck yet. Sorry andy, I'll do a bit more testing before I spout off the next time. :blush:

oh very very nice skin

just wondering how to make it display easten aisan language(Chinese/Japanese/Korean) properly in the notification window

edit:

ooops

just read back a couple of pages, find the answers

I just downloaded whatever recent updated one there is, and now I'm getting some weird bug. When I go from windowshade mode to normal, or normal to windowshade, with the playlist, the location of the main window and playlist go on the fritz. The main window will move down like half the screen and the playlist will move off the top of the screen. Anyone else having these problems? I'm gonna try just reinstalling the skin, but I just thought it was kinda goofy.

EDIT: Reinstalling didn't work. Here's a screenshot.

wierd9kg.th.gif

Edited by quank1half

That ain't no bug! :) Seriously it's there by design. To get the PL shademode window to expand upwards like normal, double-click the top of the window. The second button from the top right is now used to expand it from the bottom.

alrighty...thanks. Been gone for a couple weeks and didn't notice it in any of the many changes you've done. Great work again.

That ain't no bug! :)  Seriously it's there by design.  To get the PL shademode window to expand upwards like normal, double-click the top of the window.  The second button from the top right is now used to expand it from the bottom.

586053334[/snapback]

oh right, just noticed that myself. that'll confuse some people.

thanks for clearing that up.

I'll make a tips page on my site and include this oddity so everybody will know about it. Actually, I really don't like the way it expands upward, it just looks fugly, but I'll try to make the transition a little smoother.

I really like the skin, great job so far. Unfortunately every time I try it, I encounter problems of one kind or another. Last night after switching to this skin, Winamp ate up 2gb of virtual memory pretty quickly. I do look forward to the final version, though.

Quick question. Dont know if this has been answered or not but I notice in the screenshot the notifier(?)(The thing that pops in and out) is on the top left corner. how do you change that setting to move it there?

Something I have noticed for a while now...

When the notifier is set to fade in/out, there is almost no fading in, it shows up either really really fast or almost instantly, while the fading out works flawlessly.

Can you turn off the little box that slides out when a new song starts?

586056691[/snapback]

Quick question.  Dont know if this has been answered or not but I notice in the screenshot the notifier(?)(The thing that pops in and out) is on the top left corner.  how do you change that setting to move it there?

586056694[/snapback]

Both settings can't be found in the settings menu:

Right click your winamp -> Config -> Options -> ..notifications.. -> here you can turn it off and you can set when you want it on your screen and some other settings.

Barisko