Very nice Winamp 5 Skin

cheazles, I removed the "Always on Top" feature when the notifier is set on Forever. I figured since it was always going to be visible, that you wouldn't want it on top of all your other open applications. Do I need to change this back to Always on Top?

Hey guys, I do a see a problem when the notifier holdtime is set to Forever: if you then select ..SHOW.. Never, the notifier won't go away! Well, I'm working on it...

I'm glad you all alerted me to that high CPU usage. It should be OK now, but it'll be even better in the next update.

Edited by axialix

cheazles, I removed the "Always on Top" feature when the notifier is set on Forever.  I figured since it was always going to be visible, that you wouldn't want it on top of all your other open applications.  Do I need to change this back to Always on Top?

Hey guys, I do a see a problem when the notifier holdtime is set to Forever: if you then select ..SHOW.. Never, the notifier won't go away!  Well, I'm working on it...

I'm glad you all alerted me to that high CPU usage.  It should be OK now, but it'll be even better in the next update.

586058169[/snapback]

Wow, quick response! I'm impressed. I actually read through all 22 pages of this thread (again, when I should be studying :D) so I do recall you mentioning that you figured people wouldn't want it on top of their other applications but unfortunately I'm one of those difficult people who like to have things like the notifier, always on top. As you are the boss, it's up to whether to have it or not but I'm pretty sure others would like to have the option available to.

By the way, the notifier is still there when I minimize everything so it was just me being stupid. Whoops.

By the way, the notifier is still there when I minimize everything

That's good to hear. I'm glad it wasn't another bug.

I'm starting to cringe when I hear "make it an option" now since it's so much work to add them in, so why don't I just make it Always on Top by default. Let's see how many people complain ok?

I'm starting to cringe when I hear "make it an option" now since it's so much work to add them in, so why don't I just make it Always on Top by default.  Let's see how many people complain ok?

586058449[/snapback]

People shouldn't really have a reason to complain..I mean logically speaking, for those who set it to always be visible, then it would make sense for it to actually be seen at all times rather than only be seen when everything is minimised.

As for those who don't like the Always On Top Feature, you've already catered for them and for those who want to click it away when it does pop up.

I actually thought the notifier was the main window when I saw your page for the first time. I certainly wouldn't complain if you ever decided to throw in a play/stop etc. button on it too but that's just my 2 cents.

you've already catered for them and for those who want to click it away when it does pop up.

Yep, you're right, they can just right-click it to make it disappear if it's in their way. Good thinking.

I don't know if I'll ever add Cbuttons to the notifier, but it's an interesting idea. I'll just file that away in possible maybe's.

Ok, got the Always on Top for Notifier Holdtime Forever fixed.

Hey guys, I do a see a problem when the notifier holdtime is set to Forever: if you then select ..SHOW.. Never, the notifier won't go away! Well, I'm working on it...

Got that one fixed too. :)

Don't know how well this is going to go over, but I removed the control buttons from the top of the coverart window. Personally, I think it looks much nicer. However, certain features are no longer available for it, such as docked toolbar/scaling/opacity. I hope none of you ever used those, I never did. I also rearranged the text in the notifier window. It seems more logical this way.

I was having major memory/freeze issues w/ the previous version as well, but today's seems to have fixed it. Thanks for a great skin! :yes:

Don't know how well this is going to go over, but I removed the control buttons from the top of the coverart window.  Personally, I think it looks much nicer.  However, certain features are no longer available for it, such as docked toolbar/scaling/opacity.  I hope none of you ever used those, I never did.  I also rearranged the text in the notifier window.  It seems more logical this way.

586059489[/snapback]

I do like that the control buttons from the cover art window are gone. But I notice that the top border is bigger than the left, right and bottom border. This looks a bit odd. Maybe you can fix this in the next release.

I never used them controls on top of the cover art window. I don?t even know what you mean by ?docked toolbar feature?. What is that?

I like the new notifier layout!

But maybe you want to look at the modded screenshot I attached. I liked the idea? but maybe I?m the only one.

post-2001-1118714239.jpg

---[bug report]---

I found one more bug (that I don?t think a lot of people will come across).

Follow these steps:

1. Play a song

(note: the notifier shows up. My settings tell it to be bottom-right corner)

2. Try to drag the notifier upwards by left click, hold an drag it in the middle of the notifier.

(note: the notifier does not move upwards because it only works if you left click, hold and drag on the top of the notifier)

3. Before the notifier disappears again right click to instantly hide it.

Note that a error appears:

post-2001-1118714282.gif

Barisko

(PS. If you ever want translations for your skin... I'm more then happy to help with a Dutch translation!)

The top border for the coverart is the same as the notifier, and I never heard you complain about it before. :) I really like it now, please don't tell me to change it. :D

I like your notifier text layout! That's what I was trying to achieve (without success). I'm gonna do it just like that. Thanks!

That's a nasty error and I can reproduce here. Hmmm, I'll try to see what's going on there.

Docked toolbar is pretty stupid IMO. It basically slaps the window in a corner and leaves it there or autohides it. The thing is, you've now got an area (whichever corner you put it in) that ALWAYS shows, no window can go over top of it. Try it out on the PL or ML. You'll see what I mean. I forgot who requested it over at Winamp, but I literally spent days trying to get it work, and it finally did.

I still don't get what this docked toolbar is. How do I get it to work? Step-by-step?

Is it the same as: Winamp main -> right click -> Window Settings -> Docked toolbar -> top/bottom?

Because that does not work here?

And with the PL and ML I can?t even go to the ?docked toolbar? menu? it is greyed-out?

Barisko

(PS. about the bigger border on top of the notifier and cover art window? I will not ask for a:)djustment? :) but I did notice it before on the norifier? I just did not mentioned it because it only shows for 5 seconds on my computer, so it didn?t b:pher me that much? :p )

You have to click the top-left button on any of the windows (except CF) and then choose Window Settings -> Docked Toolbar. That should allow you to choose between top/bottom/left/right for PL and ML, or top/bottom for the main window. If you only right-click the window, the docked toolbar options will be greyed-out.

I got that notifier bug fixed (if I had a nickel for every time I've said that, he he..), but haven't uploaded it to my site yet. I'm working on the notifier text layout now.

Dude, this skin is kickass. My last update was the may29th version and I have to say that the updates keep getting better and better.

You have my praise and appreciation. Thank you

I appreciate the comments Furcifer. Keep checking back for updates, because this thing is evolving daily.

Barisko, can we compromise on the notifier text layout? Because it was getting really loooooong with the artist/album/title names in there. With one track I was playing, the notifier took up half the screen. I don't know what resolution you're running at, but mine is 1152x864. At this width, anymore than say, 40 characters in the title really starts to look too wide. Just check out the new one and let me know what you think.

Edited by axialix

I've got a slight problem with the skin.

When winamp is running with clearONE skin, task manager shows an Application called Main Window running. When that app is running i can't play any video files, and i mean ANY, in either WMP or VLC or any other popular media player. However if i terminate the app i can play media files again. This doesn't happen with any other skins and its never happened before...until i started using this skin. :wacko:

Anyone else having similar problems or is it just me?

I love the new layout of the notifier! Great suggestion Barisko.

Axialix, thanks axialix for implementing that and the always on top feature I requested.

To avoid the notifier being too long, is it possible to make the text scroll?

Thanks neo. :)

I'll be leaving town for the next 5 days so there won't be any new updates until I get back. :(

I've changed my mind about the notifier text so I'm trying to bang out one last update before I leave tonight. This one will have Barisko's original layout with the labels. Yeah!

Got the notifier labels added in, looks really nice. :happy: Thanks again for the suggestion Barisko. There's still some small tweaking that needs to be done to the width when No Cover is selected, but that'll have to wait until I get back. I'll try to check back here periodically the next few days, but for the most part I will be unavailable. Have a great weekend folks!

YOU ROCK!

it's getting better and better and better and better and better and better and better... ok, you get the point... :)

have a nice trip.

I constantly get the Gen_ff.dll crashing on me everytime i start winamp with this skin. Ive tried installing various versions of winamp but it still doesnt seem to work..any ideas?

As i've stated earlier in this thread, this is an awesome skin and i don't ever see myself using something else.

That said, i have a suggestion for it. I'm not familar with WinAMP skinning, so i'm not even sure its possible. The way i have mine set up is only showing the WinAMP icon in the system tray, i also use the Notifier with the cover art. Now when i click the system tray icon to bring WinAMP to the front, the notifier doesn't come with it.

Is it possible to get the Notifier to do this as well?

EDIT: Hmm, at first i didn't bother, but i went back a couple pages as saw that there is now an "always on top" for the notifier? I downloaded the newest version as of 06-15 and i'm not sure i like it. Is there a way to change that (going back to my original suggestion) Also, when you click the cover art in the notifier to bring the auto-image window up....howcome there is no X or close button anymore? :huh:

Edited by KZWings

- bug report -

clearONEbeta_error2.jpg

- end bug report -

its the 4th time i got this error and i am using the latest version of winamp. im not quite sure what it is but it seems to happen when winamp has been playing music for a long time.

have a good time on your trip ;)

for some reason i cant seem to be able to edit the post so if a mod sees this please merge the posts for me

i am using the latest release of your skin aswell