Very nice Winamp 5 Skin

axialix
Winamp ate up 2gb of virtual memory pretty quickly

drbobiii, I'm using Samurize to monitor the virtual memory on my machine. I've got multiple browser sessions open as well as Photoshop, StrongDC, and of course Winamp. The virtual memory meter never goes over 32MB. I have 1GB RAM installed, can you provide your system specs?

Bawx, the skin shouldn't use any more memory when moving it. It might use more CPU, but once you get it where you want it, it should only use around 0-5% (except when the notifier slides out). I've been keeping a close eye on CPU usage, so I've tried to keep it to the minimum when writing scripts for this skin.

Lyht87, Barisko gave you the answer to setting the notifier where you want it on the screen. You can also click on the notifier and drag it to any VERTICAL position on the screen. It will come back to that same vertical position the next time it slides out.

I urge everyone to explore the Config window (CF button). There are plenty of options to get this skin behaving just like you want it.

axialix

I forgot to address your problem YtseJam. The notifier fade in/out settings are not adjustable. However, they both are the same. It should fade in as quickly/slowly as it fades out. I don't see any difference on my machine, so I'm really unsure as to why you do.

Alan Zeino

Im loving this skin, so amazing...

Bhav

ok i really don't like the new "feature" wher you double click on the PL window for it to open down, because the default to make it open down is to click on the button on the right (in the middle). this is how it should be, because that's how it works by default.

i think it should either be swapped around, or there should be an option to choose which one does what.

axialix

Don't you think it's much easier to just double-click the top of the window than to try to hit the second button? I find it a lot easier, so that's why I made it the default, i.e. opens down.

YtseJam

I say, have only two buttons there, minimize and close and have the double-clicking as the shade behaviour and get it done with.

You're the boss! DO IT! DO IT!

Bhav
Don't you think it's much easier to just double-click the top of the window than to try to hit the second button?  I find it a lot easier, so that's why I made it the default, i.e. opens down.

586057337[/snapback]

it is easier, but it's not standard. nevermind, i'll have to get used to it.

OxideNOS

its great, little tiny but good in case of graphics and little slower too. It's good overall. Looks nice on my desktop.

RhiDAH

Awesome!!!!!!

Is the background included? :p

axialix
I say, have only two buttons there, minimize and close and have the double-clicking as the shade behaviour and get it done with.

You're the boss! DO IT! DO IT!

:) He he, yeah well I'm trying to please everyone here but I really did like leedogg's idea for the shademode. I've never seen another skin with both capabilities, so just get used to it guys.

RhiDAH, if you want the wallpaper in the screenshot, look back in this thread a few pages. I posted the link there.

ian

This skin is simply amazing! Congrats axialix (Y)

Barisko

Hi axialix,

Would it be possible to make the song notify window instantly disappear when clicked?

Sometimes I?m working on my computer and I have to click a button where at that moment the notify window is showing above it. So I have to wait 5 seconds for it do slide out before I can click the button below it. If the notify window would instantly disappear when clicked I don?t have the wait that 5 seconds.

Maybe this sounds a bit silly, but if it is possible, it would be great. :-)

Barisko

axialix

Would making it disappear on right click work? I don't think I can do left-click, since people would not be able to drag it vertically.

Barisko
Would making it disappear on right click work?  I don't think I can do left-click, since people would not be able to drag it vertically.

586057702[/snapback]

Didn't think about that left click dranging/closing conflict... :)

yes, rightclick or dubble left click would work very well!

What are you working on right now? (on the skin...) like to know :D

ngoducthang

damn nice skin, hope they made a white version though but nevertheless it's GRRRREAT!

Barisko
damn nice skin, hope they made a white version though but nevertheless it's GRRRREAT!

586057738[/snapback]

There is a white version:

Right click on winamp -> Config -> Colors -> White-out or White-out-light

is this what you mean? if not, you can make your own colortheme with Nullsoft Color Editor (see axialix's signature for link)

axialix

Right now I'm working on the coverart window. Trying to get it to disappear when there is no cover found. It kinda works, but it's not perfect yet. I've got the right-click hide feature working, that was easy. Should have another update available later today.

mike45

I know this is the best winamp skin around but boy does it eat your CPU alive.

I ran it and checked the usage and the cpu went up to 100% but when I change the skin to

the Spirit Winamp Skin by Stefanka the CPU drain dropped to 2%.

can anyone offer an explanation especially since both skins use transparency.

Mike.

axialix

You should only see the CPU usage increase when you move it around (and when the notifier slides out). The clear part of the PL, ML, CF, etc. windows all have to *sync* to the window inside, that's what makes it kinda sluggish.

I went ahead and updated my site with the latest version. Check the tips page to see how to temporarily hide the notifier.

devyant

Hmm strangely, its using up 23 - 30% CPU when it just sits at my desktop doing nothing. I mean, it doesnt even play any songs. Any idea whats wrong?

axialix

That's definitely not right. Can you download the latest version? I just updated it a few minutes ago. I think there was a timer I forgot to release on the last one. Maybe that was the cause of your high CPU usage.

mike45

yep...I don't have it displayed on screen most of the time but it still loves to gnaw on my CPU...lol.

I was just curious to know why it's a greedy little sucker.

still the best out there though axialix....this isn't meant as a "put down" on the skin.

Mike.

cheazles

First off, this skin is absolutely awesome. I'm supposed to be studying hard for my exams but am glad I slacked off coz I found this awesome awesome skin. I've been using SpyAmp for years, so finally something has impressed me enough to change.

Anyway, the bug I'm referring to is that although I've set the notifier to show always, fade/in out and hold time at forever, the notifier disappears altogether when I click on another program like Word or Firefox. It doesn't come back when the tracks change though. For the notifier to appear again, I have to restart Winamp but then it disappears forever again.

I've only started using it today, so it could be me and not a bug in the skin.

Just a side note though, I would really really like for there to be an option for the notifier to always be on top, (like the other windows...please). I find that it's prettier than the PL and main window :yes:

Keep up with the great work!

mike45

axialix...

latest version is an improvement with CPU drain...just a burst to 100% usage then settled down to just fluctuating between 4% and 40%

Mike.

devyant

Axialix, you know what, you're the man. With the new version it doesnt even use as much as memory even when playing songs compared to the one prior to this version. Now I love this skin even more. :D