[Definitive] Nintendo Wii Thread

Ya I remember when the GC was named Dolphin and everyone was saying "I hope they change the name, dolphin sucks etc. etc." This time around, everyone wants to keep the name Revolution, I think they have a good thing going, they should run with it.

I wouldn't say that everyone wants them to keep it. I personally don't like it and really hope it changes.

Because it stated there was a press conference for the 16th at 12PM, and, there was no mention by IGN or other gaming websites about this conference or its minutes.

There was a much better documentary about Nintendo on BBC4 last year; it followed the company from it's start up all the way to today. There were loads of great interviews too, compared to the doc above anyway, which is relatively poor.

There was a much better documentary about Nintendo on BBC4 last year; it followed the company from it's start up all the way to today. There were loads of great interviews too, compared to the doc above anyway, which is relatively poor.

You mean this documentary: Inside Nintendo (BBC)

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7284/69e0...leaseday4mj.jpg

A quick member of the IGN user boards was my source for the news, so I'll quote his post below:

"i did not, take this photo. i found the picture, on the internet!

but this is, what iwata is saying in this "paper", in english:

iwata is saying here, "nintendo will show a near-final revolution at E3."

he says, "they are aiming for Thanksgiving release, for the US, and to the end of the year in japan. "

he says, "the price will be good enough, so that the people will be willing to pay for playing games."

iwata also says. "if they are selling revolution at $500.00 us, and nobody wants to buy it, then, it is useless."

-Yoshio "

What about Europe? WTF? It's not like its got stupidly powerful tech inside, what the hell is up with the delay? Whether companies like it or not, the next-gen HAS started, STOP trying to delay it!

What about Europe? WTF? It's not like its got stupidly powerful tech inside, what the hell is up with the delay? Whether companies like it or not, the next-gen HAS started, STOP trying to delay it!

Europe will probably get it around the same time as America, but if we are unlucky we'll have to wait until early 2007. But I doubt that (and hope not).

Even if the technology isn't the most powerfull, it still have to be developed. Everything in Revolution is built from scratch. It's not a delay, last I checked it's still 2006.

So what if next-gen have started. Doesn't matter. Nintendo will deliver when they are finished and the games are ready. Stop whining.

Given the lack of information, speculation has mounted that the Revolution may not actually launch until 2007. Today, though, the company's head man debunked all rumors, stating that the console will make it in time for Christmas 2006. He also revealed that America will be getting the console first, so that it will make it in time to stores for Thanksgiving.

In an interview featured in today's edition of Japanese newspaper Sankei Shinbun, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata stated, "We can't disclose the Revolution's release period yet, but we have no plans to miss out on the year-end sales battle. As for North America, we need to release it by Thanksgiving, or otherwise we won't receive support from the retail industry. So the Revolution will be released prior to that period."

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/rev/action/metroid...tml?sid=6142572

Remember this is from the mouth of Nintendo's President. I think this is a first for Nintendo, a release in N.A. before Japan. Although I'm not quite sure if that part is accurate (but it does seem to be certain that at the very least it will be released here before the next holidays).

I think Thanksgiving was pretty much everyone's guess that it will be released, but the US getting it first is a bit of a suprise considering how well the DS is doing in Japan. I wonder if they are doing it on purpose because chances are the PS3 will be relased in the US around that time also and they are going to capitalize on the fact that if you can't buy an expensive PS3 due to shortages or lack of funds you can buy the cheaper (cost-wise) Revolution.

Wow, that's really exciting news! I must say, I'm looking forward to the Revolution, I hope that it's price is reasonably lower than what the Xbox 360 and PS3 will be. If so, I'll definitely be picking one up and playing Mario Tennis with the nifty motion sensing controller! I'll be swining at the TV like a mad-man! :laugh: :D

I have a feeling the Revolution will be the perfect "2nd" console. People are going to end up either choosing the 360 or PS3 (unless they have enough money for both), then buying the revolution since it'll be fairly cheap.

That's going to work great for Nintendo, and the fact that the hardware will simply be an extension upon the Gamecube's (more powerful though obviously) might mean that they actually turn a profit on the hardware itself.. Unlike Sony or Microsoft who will definetly be selling at a loss (Yes I know we don't know for sure Sony will be, but unless hell freezes over they aren't going to sell it at a profit lol).

I have a feeling the Revolution will be the perfect "2nd" console. People are going to end up either choosing the 360 or PS3 (unless they have enough money for both), then buying the revolution since it'll be fairly cheap.

That was Nintendo's goal, and it seems to be catching on in this poll.