[Definitive] Nintendo Wii Thread

That would never happen, MS will make sure of that..they would never want to see thier flagship title on a rival system. However, the posibilty of an entirely new game made by the creator of Halo is possible and I do like the sound of that :) a new FPS that make use of the Revolutions unique controller and produced to the same quality of Halo...damn I'm drooling already and it's just a rumor! :woot: :happy:

Oh yes! FPS + Bungie quality + Multiplayer w/Rev. controller = :woot:

DICE 2006: Reggie Fils-Aime Speech

The NOA executive speaks on blue ocean strategy and the future of the videogame industry.

by Matt Casamassina

Fils-Aime said that Nintendo would release US versions of brain-training games, where were very successful in Japan. Brain Age will launch April 17 and Big Brain Academy will follow in May.

Reggie announced and detailed the new Nintendo DS download stations, which will be placed in retail outlets across the US and Canada. Gamers can bring their DS units to retail outlets and wirelessly download new games, demos, trailers and more. These downloads can be played and viewed until gamers turn their handhelds off. "We see it as a huge sampling opportunity for each and every one of you"

The Nintendo EVP also revealed that the company's upcoming Metroid Prime Hunters will feature voice over IP support, enabling gamers to talk to each other before and after matches.

Eventually, he came around to the subject of Nintendo's next generation console, codenamed Revolution. "Our greatest innovation will come later this year with the Nintendo Revolution," he said. "Its sole purpose is to continue groundbreaking entertainment to the consumer."

Reggie said that with Revolution Nintendo is focused on a wider audience. He noted that system development costs will be "substantially" less than other systems.

"With the free-hand controller that we've shown, there will be an unparalleled level of play," he said and suggested that he brought the hardware with him. "We have the capability to show it to people here during the next two days if those opportunities come up."

Fils-Aime noted that the free-hand is destined for the living room. "It's meant to look like a TV remote; meant to be approachable and easy for anyone to pick up. Everyone's videogame character will play a different way because of this controller."

In closing, Reggie noted: "We as an industry cannot take growth for granted. We have a continuous challenge to take gaming to a whole new level. To make gaming much more relevant for those currently in our consideration set, but also to reach out with new innovations for those not in our industry. Come join us in the blue ocean of opportunity."

Source: http://revolution.ign.com/articles/687/687257p1.html (Full Transcription Up Later)

' date='Feb 11 2006, 00:27' post='587181086']

Get outta here ..

EDIT: Just read your reply .. Why is that?

Why it sucks they didn't release new info or why didn't they release new info?

Well it sucks they didn't because no new real information, screenshots or trailers have been very, very little to absolutely none since May 2005. You cannot feed fire with the same stick; it eventually wears thin. I'm not too disappointed with no new Revo info, although a tid-bit would of been nice.

Why they didn't release it? Because they're a-holes. I love Nintendo, but they can be right a-holes at times.

All of the Revolution stuff reminds me of the PowerGlove and PowerMat for the NES and the "interactive" baseball bat for the SNES.

If I remember correctly, the PowerGlove was alot of hype with little results. Granted, when it did work it was the best thing ever, but you also had to program it for each game you were playing and alot of times the sensors would be out of whack. And the PowerMat was cool but Nintendo all but gave up making games for it, save for Track & Field.

Anyway, I hope Nintendo pulls it off. I hate the way they marketed and treated the GameCube, game releases were far too sparse for me. With the Revolution, Nintendo should go back to the roots and package a game and a 2nd controller.

Why it sucks they didn't release new info or why didn't they release new info?

Well it sucks they didn't because no new real information, screenshots or trailers have been very, very little to absolutely none since May 2005. You cannot feed fire with the same stick; it eventually wears thin. I'm not too disappointed with no new Revo info, although a tid-bit would of been nice.

Why they didn't release it? Because they're a-holes. I love Nintendo, but they can be right a-holes at times.

Well, I suppose that will all change ..

I hope they do release something soon, but I suppose I can wait till E3, too.

He better *shakes fist*

If he doesn't release anything at GDC, that's confirmation to me that TP will not be released until after E3, which is complete and utter suckage.

You all know Nintendo is very secretive when it comes to this. They only relveal things when they feel it's time, not the fans... I doubt TP will be launced before E3, there might be a surprise for us left because of Revolution. Just speculation of course...

I've learned to be patience when it comes to Nintendo, and appriciate any info when they reveal it. No need to get angry at them.

http://www.revo-europe.com/news.php?nid=8803

I think that our senior management has made it very clear that bringing Zelda: Twilight Princess out on GameCube is important, that we want to satisfy the GameCube fan base and have it be on that system. You've said the obvious, which is that [because] Revolution's backward compatible, it will almost effectively be a launch title for Revolution. The trick will be what makes it special to play on Revolution, and to the extent that we could create something like that, boy, wouldn't that be fantastic? Certainly one of the things that I would love to see is something that makes Zelda, when it's played on Revolution, do something magical. And I think that any Nintendo fan would love to see that.

Can a game be considered a launch title for the Revolution while you have been playing it for a few months on the Gamecube? :unsure:

yes it can, because a lot of people dont own gamecube, and they will buy a rev and z:tp.

Indeed. I wonder what new things they have planned for TP and Revo. I wouldn't mind some swinging sword action.

Whew!

I was getting a little worried there. Especially since my little BB voucher from when I reserved the game says that it's supposed to come out around 4/15/06.

I guess that's where you connect the little sensors that are used for determining the location of the controllers.

I'd take a guess the front flap hides the slot for the DVD accessory and slot for SD memory.

-bYtE' date='Feb 17 2006, 18:21' post='587208584']

The base is the powersupply:

http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/Ne...s_to_play_7.jpg

That's not what the line art pics suggest.

Also, if the base was the power supply what happens when you want to sit it horizontally where you don't even need a stand?

It's safe to say the magazine is wrong (you can even tell by looking at their picture the base is a simple piece of plastic)

• 2 weeks later...