5. GBM: 4,653 (22,813)

6. GC: 4,490 (23,378)

7. X360: 3,616 (17,200

8. GBA: 236 (1,033)

9. Xbox: 83 (358)

gg ;D!

-bYtE' date='Jan 26 2006, 06:02' post='587113244']

Yea :laugh:

They should take a look at Nintendo's cashflow I think. Or look at their bankaccount.

I don't think cash flow has anything to do with it. If people aren't buying their consoles, whats the point in making them? There games + DS/GameBoy are doing fine, so they can just continue on with that.

I don't think cash flow has anything to do with it. If people aren't buying their consoles, whats the point in making them? There games + DS/GameBoy are doing fine, so they can just continue on with that.

Of course it have something to do with it. Nintendo doesn't have income from other divisions like MS and Sony. And they have said that as long as they make money, they will continue to make consoles and games.

Of course people are buying them. The difference is, Nintendo doesn't NEED to sell 3 million units a month in the hopes of recouping a loss (which they don't have) thru software sales, like Sony and MS do.

There seems to be much more interest in the Revolution than there was for the Gamecube.

They're not going anywhere but to the top. :cool: :devil:

' date='Jan 26 2006, 21:49' post='587118036']

There seems to be much more interest in the Revolution than there was for the Gamecube.

They're not going anywhere but to the top. :cool: :devil:

Probably because the Gamecube was the generic evolutionary step. The Revolution is well...what it says on the tin ;)

Is ther any news on how the revolution will work with the DS, it would be sweet if you could control the games wirlessless with the DS or a remote type thing.

Not yet though I don't see they wouldn't as they have done similar things with the GBA & GCN. Totally random, but if anyone is interested in how they came up with the idea for Revolution Concept/Controller here some information via IGN.

Matt responds: Actually, yes, I do believe that the concept for Revolution began its life as a GameCube peripheral. If you recall, a few years ago Nintendo said that it hoped that GCN could enjoy a longer life cycle with the addition of top-secret peripherals that would forever enhance the gameplay experience. I would be willing to bet that the initial plan was to release the innovative controller as a peripheral, but that the Big N reconsidered after taking a look at the dwindling GameCube user base. It could very well be true that Revolution was created solely as a means to market this new controller. It's all speculative, of course, but it makes enough sense to me. After all, Revolution addresses one of the GameCube's biggest drawbacks, which is that it was/is perceived as a toy. Nintendo's next generation console, by comparison, is meaner and sleeker, severing up an all-around more high-tech design that fits more snugly in the living room. If the company was less concerned with processing power than image makeover, is it appears to be, Revolution could serve as the perfect shell for the new device. Obviously, that's not to suggest that this next platform is merely going to be a new case with the same old hardware; we keep hearing that it'll be roughly twice as powerful as GCN - and, of course, a hell of a lot smaller.

Source: http://revolution.ign.com/mail/

Good read on the mailbag, thanks =)

------------------------------------------------------

This is more of a game mechanic, but still interesting news for upcoming Nintendo games :)

Nintendo of America filed for a patent to cover voice to text chat conversion. Patent application 20060025214 was filed in July 29, 2004 with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), but has only appeared on the agency's website recently. Nintendo believes that voice to text conversion could enhance online games by altering color and font size of text depending on the tone and amplitude of the speaker's voice.

Online games have had voice chat for a while, but Nintendo claims in the patent application that this may not work too well and says, "If a 12 year old boy is playing the role of a 40 year old warrior, voice chat can spoil or detract from the game play experience since the warrior ends up having the voice of a 12 year old." The solution is to let you speak normally and have the software convert the speech into text. Of course, mere text cannot convey emotion so Nintendo wants to change the format of the speech in response to changes in your voice.

Font size can change along with the amplitude or loudness of your voice. So if you scream into the microphone the text would appear quite big on the screen. In addition, Nintendo wants to have the color change in response to the tone of your voice.

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/02/04/nintendo...on_application/

Edited by Erich

Revolution details to emerge at GDC?

09:30, Feb 3rd by Ben Parfitt

MCV understands that Nintendo president Satoru Iwata is set to unveil some key details regarding the enigmatic next-gen Revolution console at the Games Developers Conference in March.

Though many have presumed that all new information would be kept under wraps until E3 in May, senior sources suggest Iwata will choose to make key announcements, possibly including pricing and release details, earlier.

With a Nintendo Europe press release this week reaffirming that Revolution is still on track for a European launch this year, this news puts more pressure on Sony, whose continued silence is reducing the likelihood of a 2006 European release for PS3.

GDC takes place on March 20th-24th in San Jose.

Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/newsitem.php?id=766

Could a launch be sooner than later or is that wishful thinking :D.

The father of the Halo series, Jason Jones, is extremely interested in working on the Nintendo Revolution, according to the latest issue of EGM. This hasn't been made public it seems because Microsoft has kept the interview hidden from the public. In the interview Mr. Jones talks about a FPS on the system and some of the great ideas he had for it.

This definitely says something about the possibilities of a FPS on the Revolution if the father of Halo is even intrigued by the thought of it. This certainly will not make Microsoft happy. It is bad enough that they are receiving quite a bit of bad publicity after the Xbox 360 launch, now they have their biggest developer, of their biggest franchise, talking about possibilities of games on other systems. I'm sure nothing will come out of this, but it is quite interesting to hear in the grand scheme of things.

Source

:D

^ Sweeet! I'd love Halo with the Rev controller!

That would never happen, MS will make sure of that..they would never want to see thier flagship title on a rival system. However, the posibilty of an entirely new game made by the creator of Halo is possible and I do like the sound of that :) a new FPS that make use of the Revolutions unique controller and produced to the same quality of Halo...damn I'm drooling already and it's just a rumor! :woot: :happy: