No High Definition in Revolution: Nintendo

You said ? It was more on the lines like this: "Nintendo didnt say that Revolution will be less powerful compared to Xbox 360 & PS3". I may not be 100% accurate but it was something on those lines.

If Apple were in the console business and a potential threat to Nintendo, I'm sure you would have made anti-Apple remarks. :D

586054690[/snapback]

no offense (and not to be ****ting on your parade), but i reckon Jmole is a good source of info... sure he may be on the right side of liking the big N (as am i) but i can't recall any post where he is taking off M$ or Sony or writing trash about them in any big way. The way i see it, he is just stating any knowledge or info he has obtained on the Revolution deemed worthy of our attention... and no i am not a fanboy of Jmole, just look forward to reading his next bit of info on rev....

so why don't we all just get along...

no offense (and not to be ****ting on your parade), but i reckon Jmole is a good source of info... sure he may be on the right side of liking the big N (as am i) but i can't recall any post where he is taking off M$ or Sony or writing trash about them in any big way. The way i see it, he is just stating any knowledge or info he has obtained on the Revolution deemed worthy of our attention... and no i am not a fanboy of Jmole, just look forward to reading his next bit of info on rev....

so why don't we all just get along...

586054815[/snapback]

good source of info ? Yes. (so is Orange btw)

right side of liking the big N ? Yes. (I dont know why he keeps on denying it)

trashing Sony or MS in a big way ? Probably not but I'm sure if you do a search up on his posts, you'll get a good share of anti-MS & anti-Sony comments.

I found hardcore N fan's stance funny and posted it. Back on topic please, this has already gone too far. :whistle:

no offense (and not to be ****ting on your parade), but i reckon Jmole is a good source of info...

586054815[/snapback]

I'm not a source of info, nor do I claim to be one. I just post the crap I find out about the Revolution in the Revolution thread. It just happens to be the console the intrests me out of the three because we barely know anything about it and what will make it revolutionary.

@jerry

good source of info ? Yes. (so is Orange btw)

Silly me, I forgot to post my pro-Nintendo anti-Sony/Microsoft post of the day.

right side of liking the big N ? Yes. (I dont know why he keeps on denying it)
I like Nintendo as a company, who said I was denying it? I also like Sony and Microsoft, I wouldn't be buying their products if I didn't. What is your point? Edited by jmole

@jerry

I like Nintendo as a company, who said I was denying it? I also like Sony and Microsoft, I wouldn't be buying their products if I didn't.  What is your point?

586055035[/snapback]

Maybe I should rephrase my comment: you love all the consoles from Nintendo and dislike the consoles from Sony & Microsoft. (instead of hating the companies)

Maybe I should rephrase my comment: you love all the consoles from Nintendo and dislike the consoles from Sony & Microsoft. (instead of hating the companies)

586055093[/snapback]

Yes I guess that is why I have purchased two PS2s and have been playing Shadow Hearts 2 for the past week. I really should stop buying PS2 games because I am so pro-Nintendo.

I still have fun playing SNES games, and they are not in HD.

A game doesn't really need to have the best graphics, it can be awfull and have awesome graphics, look at Doom 3.

The only console I had (from this gen) was the Gamecube, does that mean I cant dislike Nintendo and rather lick whatever crap Nintendo throws at me ? :huh: No.

586055152[/snapback]

Did I ever say you were not allowed to dislike Nintendo? I don't really care if you like them or not. You are the one trying to pin some stereotype on me, not the other way around.

Yes I guess that is why I have purchased two PS2s and have been playing Shadow Hearts 2 for the past week.  I really should stop buying PS2 games because I am so pro-Nintendo.

586055098[/snapback]

The only console I had (from this gen) was the Gamecube, does that mean I cant dislike Nintendo and rather lick whatever crap Nintendo throws at me ? :huh: No.

Did I ever say you were not allowed to dislike Nintendo?  I don't really care if you like them or not.  You are the one trying to pin some stereotype on me, not the other way around.

586055169[/snapback]

You're the one playing the stereotype card: "I own a PS2, so I cant bash Sony". I'm saying the complete opposite and asking not to stereotype: owning any console doesnt mean you like that company.

I still have fun playing SNES games, and they are not in HD.

A game doesn't really need to have the best graphics, it can be awfull and have awesome graphics, look at Doom 3.

586055118[/snapback]

You're right there, Doom 3 was fair eye candy, but what a woeful game to play, repettive and boring... and on the other side of the coin take a good game such as Vice City or San Andreas for pc (oh please god let no one think i am a 'fanboy' of GTA for fear i may be attacked/flamed/trolled upon/ wink-wink ) sure, they are not as glorious to look at, but they are so much fun to play over and over...

It's unfortunate Nintendo won't support HD. But it is certainly not going to make their console inferior, or their games less fun. It's like saying Pulp Fiction isn't a good movie if you watch it on VHS rather than DVD.

Owning a Gamecube means I like Nintendo.

Not owning a PS2 means I hate Sony :)

Of course, I will get a PS2. Next gen. PS2 has some games I want, but I can wait 2 years to play them...

It's unfortunate Nintendo won't support HD.  But it is certainly not going to make their console inferior, or their games less fun.

586055410[/snapback]

Of course it is inferior if the graphics aren't able to come close to that of their rivals. Nintendo have gone for technically inferior consoles recently (N64, Gamecube) and they haven't done particularly well because of it. Sure, they have to do something different as they don't have the money to introduce better hardware than Sony or Microsoft, but cutting out HDTV shouldn't have been one of those.

Obviously it is not possible to judge how the console will perform until it is released, but at this rate it will be as unimpressive as the Gamecube - it will probably have a few innovative games, but the rest will be countless rehashes of Mario. :no: I will likely be avoiding Nintendo again, as the selection of games is always too small and limited for my liking.

Of course it is inferior if the graphics aren't able to come close to that of their rivals. Nintendo have gone for technically inferior consoles recently (N64, Gamecube) and they haven't done particularly well because of it.
What about the PS2? It has the least graphical power and it has sold the most. The DS only has N64-like graphics and the PSP has close or better then PS2, but the DS is outselling the PSP. Graphics do not make games automatically good nor does more graphical power for a console mean it will make the console sell well. Edited by jmole

lol who cares about HD?

Peoples reactions truely are strange.

If you dont have HD it means your games are crap.... Who ever says that is an idiot in my book.

They said their games will be brilliant even without HD.

Ill bet if this wasnt announced, people wouldnt have even known.

lol who cares about HD?

586055748[/snapback]

People with HDTVs, or ones planning to get one care. HD doesn't make games look better in the sense that "their games will look brilliant even without HD" means. A game with blocky characters in HD won't automaticlly make those characters more lifelike, it'll up the amount of pixels they're made up of (upping the detail).

If they don't announce it how else would people know...besides hooking it up to their HDTVs and noticing the picture isn't too hot :rolleyes:

What about the PS2?? It has the least graphical power and it has sold the most.? The DS only has N64-like graphics and the PSP has close or better then PS2, but the DS is outselling the PSP.? Graphics do not make games automatically good nor does more graphical power for a console mean it will make the console sell well.

586055642[/snapback]

PSP is lagging behind because of launch delays and the initial problems plauging the PSIf/b> PSP was launched first, I doubt DS would have sold as many units. Underpowered console/handheld have made a greater impact because of the headstart they got which Nintendo doesnt have this time round as they are out the gate last. They cannot underpromise and underdeliver the market. (by market I mean general gamers not Nintendo fans, Nintendo fans will be happy if Revolution is 1.01 times more powerful than the Gamecube)

lol who cares about HD?

Peoples reactions truely are strange.

If you dont have HD it means your games are crap.... Who ever says that is an idiot in my book.

586055748[/snapback]

[/quotWho cares about graphics/i> argument is lame.

Graphics & GameplaBOTH/b> make up a game. If graphics wasnt a factor, we'd have been stuck with SNES quality graphics and had never made any advancements.

no offense (and not to be ****ting on your parade), but i reckon Jmole is a good source of info.

586054815[/snapback]

I second that. And I might add un-biased.

Of course it is inferior if the graphics aren't able to come close to that of their rivals. Nintendo have gone for technically inferior consoles recently (N64, Gamecube) and they haven't done particularly well because of it. Sure, they have to do something different as they don't have the money to introduce better hardware than Sony or Microsoft, but cutting out HDTV shouldn't have been one of those.

586055602[/snapback]

Both GCN and N64 were technically superior to almost all the competition except for XBOX, which is slightly better in that respect. And I wouldn't go as far as saying they don't have the money. Though I don't have any official sources to back this, they do have a lot of money, and could take a risk with revolution and rely on the handheld to back them up if anything goes wrong, however, they don't think it's worth it/profitable, which I also believe.

To output higher resolutions will definitely add more cost to the system because the system will have to process more data.  And to do so that means you will need a more powerful graphics chip, processor, RAM, etc that can handle the higher resolutions then you would need with lower resolutions.  Because if you don't, corners will have to be cut to insure a proper framerate, etc.  If you play PC games you would know that increasing resolution can be very taxing on the hardware.  If you want the best performance at higher resolutions you will have to use better hardware and the same holds for consoles.

586053603[/snapback]

How is this a bad thing? Better hardware would also make plain 480i better-looking if a developer wanted to. So now it's okay for Nintendo to not have a generational leap in hardware?

If the Revolution is in the controller why not just release the controller for GameCube at this point, because the hardware for Rev isn't looking like it's opening many doors that weren't already open on the Cube.

Here is the thing.  Nintendo actually likes to make a profit on their system.  Joe Consumer or Joe Parent, which makes up the majority of the market who buys consoles, is not going to care about HD, teraflops, RAM speed, processor, etc.  What they are going to see  is a $200 system versus a $300-$400 system.  Do you think the average person really cares if they have 6 USB ports or dual digital outputs to their TV?  Probably the sticking point to them will come down to price.  I notice that when my parents were buying a new DVD player recently they had no clue about the features, but what they did notice was the $100 DVD player vs. the $300 DVD player and they went with the $100 DVD player.

586053603[/snapback]

Being the cheap system didn't help the GameCube. I can't see it helping Revolution all of a sudden.

What about the PS2?  It has the least graphical power and it has sold the most.  The DS only has N64-like graphics and the PSP has close or better then PS2, but the DS is outselling the PSP.  Graphics do not make games automatically good nor does more graphical power for a console mean it will make the console sell well.

586055642[/snapback]

PS2 sold because it was a PlayStation. That's all there is to it, plus it came out a year before the stiff competition.

And mentioning DS/PSP is useless, it's a different market with different rules. Where HUGE technological differences apparently don't matter, the Game Boy line has almost always been facing competition that has been bringing better hardware to the table. I guarantee if Nintendo tried that in the home console market they'd fail. And it's why up until now they haven't tried it.

The bottom line. HD will reach the mass market very soon in the US, and will be in the vast majority of US households within a few years. Ignoring that and forcing these people to view 480i(p) content just so that Nintendo can save some change is not a smart choice. Because while many of us look at the gameplay, the majority of game buyers don't. They look at the specs, they look at the pretty pictures on the back of the box, they listen to the minimum wage-earning game store employees regurgitating said specs and back of the box game descriptions. They aren't going to say 'Well, it doesn't really support my TV to it's fullest, but damn that gameplay looks good', they'll say 'what, it doesn't support my TV? well then I'll get PS3, or 360, those games are fun too'

The goal is to NOT give people a reason to ignore your console, not add to them. Especially if you're struggling.

Take a look at the screens for PS3, Xbox360 and NR, and then come and talk.

Next gen graphics are a HUGE step forward. It's not like the jump from psx to ps2.

I can just imagine having a NR hooked up to my 46" hdtv plasma and get ****ed off at all the blurryness and fuzz. Come on Nintendo, put hd back while theres still time.