Neowin Metal Club

@wicker_man: Wasn't that a few pages that < way? I don't see the reason to bring it back again...

586533601[/snapback]

I didn't have time to go through 8 pages and read them all, so I guess there was a reason. Sorry if it somehow insulted you or took a little bit of your time, but thanks for reading it :)

haha, iron maiden are legends much more worthy than most top 40 "legends" around: i.e. rolling stones.

and for me trivium has a good sound but they need to develope their verse singing a little bit, sound they only do the scream and growl thing because they don't have voices strong enough to sing metal. i.e. when they go to the chorus it's almost like listening to hoobastank vocals but still they have a great sound.

Trivium is eventually going to be one of those metal bands that supposed "diehard metal fans" will shun, but the rest of the music world will embrace.

"Do you like metal?"

"Not really, but I like Trivium."

You know what I mean? :D

586530402[/snapback]

hell yeah dude... what upsets me is Ascendancy just came out this year which means we have to wait like 2 more years for new material ... im spoiled. Theyre so awesome... :o :shifty:

haha, iron maiden are legends much more worthy than most top 40 "legends" around: i.e. rolling stones.

and for me trivium has a good sound but they need to develope their verse singing a little bit, sound they only do the scream and growl thing because they don't have voices strong enough to sing metal. i.e. when they go to the chorus it's almost like listening to hoobastank vocals but still they have a great sound.

586533835[/snapback]

opinions, but you have to admit they have an awesome transition b/w the screaming and the singing. some bands force it these days... they are a cut above b/c they know how to efficiently change from one to another.

586533835[/snapback]

So what would you suggest we should listen to? :rolleyes:

Iron Maiden - Good band but i don't say thanks to them.

I like Bruce Dickinson - Tyranny Of Souls album. :yes:

I'm more of a european metal fan my self.

I have more metal albums from european countries then UK/USA but then again my fav band is from USA :devil:

I lvoe metal/rock etc :)

DOes this include Black Metal, I lvoe Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borigr etc

586533507[/snapback]

Of course it includes black metal, but CoF hasn't been "black metal" for a long time. I'd have to say my favorite Dimmu album is Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia.

If you like black metal I presume you've heard of names such as Bathory, Arallu, Immortal, Allfather, Thou Art Lord, Gorgoroth, etc.?

I like black metal, but some people take it too far. I don't understand those few that wear corpse paint 24/7 and won't listen to an album if it doesn't sound like it was recorded in someone's basement with a PC microphone. I like good production values in the music I listen to.

586533835[/snapback]

Let me apologize on behalf of all metal bands that don't sound like Bruce Dickinson, give me a break. Not everyone sings well, and many people can't scream well either. What's great about metal is that it often incorporates both and many bands pull it off well, like, In Flames, Dimmu Borgir, Pantera, to name a few.

Wicker_man, you make it sound like Iron Maiden is the greatest thing to hit metal, EVER. Thing is while they may be great I won't say they are the best. I can't really say any band is, different bands bring so much to the genre that make it better and better.

So what would you suggest we should listen to? :rolleyes:

586533939[/snapback]

i think you misunderstood me.

in your replys to my post you make it sound like i trashed trivium or something, that's not what i said, i just said they should develope their vocals more.

btw anyone knows anything about a new machine head album or something? through the ashes of empires was great!!!

i think you misunderstood me.

in your replys to my post you make it sound like i trashed trivium or something, that's not what i said, i just said they should develope their vocals more.

btw anyone knows anything about a new machine head album or something? through the ashes of empires was great!!!

586539002[/snapback]

This is a first for me.. new Machine Head album?

Through the Ashes of Empires was a good album, brought there roots back :devil:

I'm seeing Lamb of God this December in London!!! Can't wait :D  :D

586528402[/snapback]

:D

Seen dragonforce on sunday must be my most memorible(sp?) gig ever was really close to the stage touched Zp's hand :D got Herman li's and Sam's signature on my ticket and Herman and Zp were going crazy and just scream at us serouisly was over the moon! :woot: god i love dragonforce

You guys know that metal wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Iron Maiden...and don't start on those Black Sabbath things...Maiden has styled heavy metal and guess what?...being in their 40's, they still kick major butt and their power onstage is immense...I have seen them at Reading and Hammersmith (the charity show for Mr. Clive Burr and MS Trust) and god, was that amazing! You don't see stupid kids and fat ###### making crazy mosh pits at Maiden shows (yes, there are some, but they get put in their place), just a crowd of fans like one family enjoying the tunes that have been played for years and are still on top. Yes, there are a lot of other bands I like myself, but Maiden will always be on the top, because they care about what they do, and they got brains. Most bands nowadays haven't got neither. And, as Bruce said, you won't see any band members star in a crappy reality TV show (you know who I'm talking about - that person has lost all my respect). So f*** Sharon and UP THE IRONS!!!

586533579[/snapback]

=/ According to your opinon youve lost all respect for Ozzy because he was in a reality tv show?. On tv yesterday was a show on about Ozzy's life and such and Sharon DIDNT want the show to run.

Its not fair to say that one band invented metal, ... after all id say iron came up with "concept" metal thats all. Ive seen black sabbeth this year and guess what no mosh pits nothing just total scilence. I googled it Ozzy is about 53 years so he would have been around before iron.

Narrow mind'edness is bad.

:D

Seen dragonforce on sunday must be my most memorible(sp?) gig ever was really close to the stage touched Zp's hand :D got Herman li's and Sam's signature on my ticket and Herman and Zp were going crazy and just scream at us serouisly was over the moon! :woot: god i love dragonforce

586552381[/snapback]

Very good stuff. (Y)

Nuts, Aborted is the 7th, not the 17th. :pinch:

What do you guys think of the new Opeth - Ghost Reveries album? at first i thought it was nothing special and the quality was going down but you know what.. I am so loving the sound right now, from songs like The Grand Conjuration and Reverie/Harlequin Forest.

What do you guys think of the new Opeth - Ghost Reveries album?  at first i thought it was nothing special and the quality was going down but you know what.. I am so loving the sound right now, from songs like The Grand Conjuration and Reverie/Harlequin Forest.

586553832[/snapback]

I keep giving it chances, and it still pales in comparison to pretty much every album they've done previously.

I like it. It doesn't need to be compared to any earlier works.

I'm off to see Opeth in November finally- as I keep bloody missing them whenever they play.

muahahhahaahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

:devil:

if you wanna road trip... im down to party :happy:

586538871[/snapback]

I also love you :)

Nevermind, it's just been 2 years since I am internet/(music)TV/concert-less, so you should understand me, I guess.

And for the road trip, well, when I get rich and famous. Or at least rich. Or at least have a car :angry:

ON TOPIC:

I have changed my mind about Korn's new song. It is the most goddamn horrible choice for the first single (or any single) EVER... And everything was going so well...

Just got my hands on the new Nuclear Assault album "Third World Genocide"

Amazing album :D

586557384[/snapback]

I'll check it out since I'm in a big thrash metal lull.