I've Switched to AMD.

out of curiosity why didnt you stay with another intel setup steven or would you not want to comment on that?

586241131[/snapback]

At the onset to of this thread I said that I had just bought an AGP 6800GT video card and was not going to buy another one just for PCI-Express.. All latest model intel chipsets require PCI-Express video card and DDR2. I didn't want to buy a new video card and I really didn't want to shell out the extra cash for another 1/1.5GB or DDR2.

Cost affectlivly this was the best choice for me. I like to keep my upgrades aroudn 500.00 every time. It was the same when I went from my CUSL2-C to my P4P800 Deluxe. $500 is plenty of money if you just keep swapping parts.

I had my eyes set on building a state of the art Intel Pentium D 840EE System to display the power of RAID10. Unfortunately that idea feel through as real life financial issues came about. This AMD upgrade was an Emergency upgrade. If AMD was doing the same stuff with PCI-Express & DDR2 only systems of their latest stuff. I probably would have just bought another P4P800 board to keep my expenses down.

It depends what you mean by counterparts ;) An X2 4200+, although more expensive than the cheapest Pentium D, will beat the crap out of most Ds (except the highest end ones) ;) You see, the thing is all of AMD's dual core processors are really high end, while Intel has a line of mid-range dual cores. That'll change when AMD releases their X2 3800+.

586276237[/snapback]

It'll probably also change when intel releases pentium D's based on the pentium M architecture.

I'm not using the Zalman, it wouldn't fit. I"m using the Stock AMD Fan right now. I'm gonna get a 7000B-cu as soon as I can afford it. :)

586277354[/snapback]

And I'm using the 7000b-cu on my P4 3.0C and P4P800, that was my point. It reduced the noise considerably over the stock intel fan for me.