I've Switched to AMD.

WHAT! Steven getting and AMD oh my... I am seriously shocked I was on the board index and saw the title there 'I've switched to AMD' I didnt make anything of it then I entered the hardware section and saw 'Steven' I actually almost had a heart attack here in school :o

Hell has frozen over... Dont you like work for Intel too or something :s Oh my

Anyway... Dude have you ordered that **** yet?

Why that mobo man get the DFI nForce3 Ultra-D it is AGP Based S939 board probably the best at that (Y) And dont bother with that Zalman heatsink go for the Thermalright XP-90c w/ Panaflo fan thats what you need ;)

You are overclocking right?

586240794[/snapback]

I can't order anything until I get paid which is tomorrow. I think I looked at the DFI board and I keep saying I don't like it because of the nasty YELLOW PCI slots. :x

EWWWWWWWW!!!

UT%20nF3%20ULTRA-D.jpg

NICEEEEEE:

7025.jpg

WHAT! Steven getting and AMD oh my... I am seriously shocked I was on the board index and saw the title there 'I've switched to AMD' I didnt make anything of it then I entered the hardware section and saw 'Steven' I actually almost had a heart attack here in school :o

Hell has frozen over... Dont you like work for Intel too or something :s Oh my

Anyway... Dude have you ordered that **** yet?

Why that mobo man get the DFI nForce3 Ultra-D it is AGP Based S939 board probably the best at that (Y) And dont bother with that Zalman heatsink go for the Thermalright XP-90c w/ Panaflo fan thats what you need ;)

You are overclocking right?

In my opinion it looks good :p

But beside the point of how it looks... Think about the performence man.... Overclock it to some nice FX-57 speeds :cool:

In my opinion it looks good :p

But beside the point of how it looks... Think about the performence man.... Overclock it to some nice FX-57 speeds?:cool::

586240829[/snapback]

The MSI has more features anyway... has Dual Gigabit ports and FireWire too. I use firewire for my iPod.

so Will I miss HyperThreading? Will my PC be sorta slow when running multiple tasks?  :unsure:

I like to listen to Music with iTunes while I play my Games. with this be a problem with the Athlon?

586240324[/snapback]

It actually depends a lot on what you actually run and how much memory you got. On startup, I run Bitcomet, Foobar2000, Daemon Tools, NOD32, AIM, APC software, and a bunch of other misc useless stuff. As long as you don't have anything say in the background using 100% of the cpu, you'll be alright. Playing music on foobar2000 for me takes..0 cpu (or relatively) through kernel streaming. So basically there is no hit :D (this is on onboard DFI nForce4 Ultra-D Karajan sound). I think you'll be alright as long as you have enough RAM. Just don't expect to run video encoding and your AA at the same time flawlessly :p.

Both the MSI and DFI boards are good and both have their differences. DFI is nice for overclocking, sure...but in terms of pure stability there are many other good boards out there. Just find one with positive reviews and features.

Personally, I'd ditch AGP all together and go PCI-e.....but you're buying so whatever you like man.

Both the MSI and DFI boards are good and both have their differences. DFI is nice for overclocking, sure...but in terms of pure stability there are many other good boards out there. Just find one with positive reviews and features.

Personally, I'd ditch AGP all together and go PCI-e.....but you're buying so whatever you like man.

586240946[/snapback]

Its not that easy to ditch AGP after having bought an AGP 6800GT a few weeks before....

Its not that easy to ditch AGP after having bought an AGP 6800GT a few weeks before....

586240984[/snapback]

Yeah not expecting my PC to bury itself 6 feet in the ground. :cry:

The MSI has more features anyway... has Dual Gigabit ports and FireWire too. I use firewire for my iPod.

586240856[/snapback]

Well whatever floats your boat man :happy: Just make sure you enjoy your new system :D

And dont bother with that Zalman heatsink go for the Thermalright XP-90c w/ Panaflo fan thats what you need

The Zalman costs less, cools just as well and is quieter in general.

out of curiosity why didnt you stay with another intel setup steven or would you not want to comment on that?

586241131[/snapback]

Well, he did say he wanted to get into heavi gaming now...And even the most loyal Intel guy (hehe, we all thought that was him :p) has to admit AMD really has that area under control.

Well, he did say he wanted to get into heavi gaming now...And even the most loyal Intel  guy (hehe, we all thought that was him :p) has to admit AMD really has that area under control.

586241157[/snapback]

tell that to intel not to me (and maybe they would leave quakecon alone, im still bummed over that. it has ruined my week :( )

I am moving over to AMD soon myself. I have a 3500+ Winchester and a DFI NF4 D S939 mobo that I will be using to make the switch. The other specs will be the same other than 2GB of OCZ BH5 DDR to complement and finish off everything since I can't use my DDR2 in the system.

I plan on modding the board to enable SATA II and SLI capabilities on the chipset. I will probably sell my 6800 Ultra and get into the 7800GTX soon and drop another in as soon as I can afford it. Watercooling is in the works, and I am working with my friend at DangerDen to design a nice setup for that.

Time to jump ship back to AMD. This Intel system has been rock stable for me, but I had an AMD system for almost 4 years prior to building this one. AMD feels more like home, but since I pretty much got this Intel system for free other than an HDD and initial 6600GT it has been easier to keep some extra cash on hand to buy some parts.

I was able to score my CPU and mobo for $300, and my memory will cost me about $350ish and I will be ordering it on friday when I get paid. I am excited to be going back.

The Zalman costs less, cools just as well and is quieter in general.

586241149[/snapback]

sir, the zalman costs less for sure ;)

As for cooling just as well I have to disagree on that one most people I have seen with the Zalman (new CNPS series etc) get temps of around 30 idle :o My XP-90c cools to about 26 idle and 39-40 full load at 1.6V 2.7Ghz

Noise level on the XP-90c is N/A, because it does not have a fan bundled with it, you get the choice of no fan or a fan (definatly get a fan though) say if Steven wants quiet he could get a SilenX 92mm fan for it this moves around 40 CFM at only 14dBa which you wont even hear probably even if you put your ear next to it ;)

edit: from Zalman's site " Noise Level : 20 ~ 32dB ? 10% " and it blows less and around the same as the SilenX;))

Thats ok we dont need you anyway steven, :p j/k anyways good luck with your new setup, maybe you can help people out with AMD the way you do with Intels. They're very good processors, so get to OC'ing and quick..... :laugh:

what a shame lol you'll regret it :evil:

my last AMD was an 1800+ and it was horrible, i was really disappointed with it and when i upgraded i spent the extra money to get my P4 and it was the best move ever

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You are all suckers! I was reading all the posts to Page 2 (and to the end), and then I realised that Steven was asking silly questions like is the Socket 754 3700+ better than the Socket 939 3700+? how does the Thermalright XP-120 work? and other questions that even Intel fans would know, and so on.

This is obviously a joke, why the heck would an Intel employee upgrade to an AMD?

I give Steven 5 out if 5 stars for sucking people in for so many pages! Awesome Shenanagens :laugh:

The 4400 X2 is like $700.00. I think thats way too much. The 4200 X2(Manchester) is 545... I think I'll pass for now.

I'll miss HT but I'm not going to make a stink about it.

586240399[/snapback]

Hmm...your price is a little steep. I can get a 4400+ for around $715 Canadian funds.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You are all suckers! I was reading all the posts to Page 2 (and to the end), and then I realised that Steven was asking silly questions like is the Socket 754 3700+ better than the Socket 939 3700+? how does the Thermalright XP-120 work? and other questions that even Intel fans would know, and so on.

This is obviously a joke, why the heck would an Intel employee upgrade to an AMD?

I give Steven 5 out if 5 stars for sucking people in for so many pages! Awesome Shenanagens  :laugh:

586241331[/snapback]

This is no joke I swear! :shifty:

sir, the zalman costs less for sure ;)

As for cooling just as well I have to disagree on that one most people I have seen with the Zalman (new CNPS series etc) get temps of around 30 idle :o My XP-90c cools to about 26 idle and 39-40 full load at 1.6V 2.7Ghz

Noise level on the XP-90c is N/A, because it does not have a fan bundled with it, you  get the choice of no fan or a fan (definatly get a fan though) say if Steven wants quiet he could get a SilenX 92mm fan for it this moves around 40 CFM at only 14dBa which you wont even hear probably even if you put your ear next to it ;)

edit: from Zalman's site " Noise Level : 20 ~ 32dB ? 10% " and it blows less and around the same as the SilenX;))

586241232[/snapback]

The XP-120 does tend to cool 2 or 3 degrees less then the Zalman, but that's hardly something to write home about. Nor does it come with a fan like the Zalman, ie. extra costs.

The Zalman uses a 120mm fan which pushes more air at a lower rpm then your 92mm fan would and is adjustable.

This is no joke I swear!  :shifty:

586241381[/snapback]

Busted? :laugh:

I'm planning on grabbing a Venice soon. I considered a dual core, but the cost and the fact that its still the first generation makes me want to just grab a single core for now and upgrade once the technology has matured. Its like 64 bit in its early days... It wasn't the best. But by now, there's been leaps and bounds of improvements.